Pages:
Author

Topic: I wish I could rent a time machine. - page 7. (Read 5149 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 12, 2014, 08:47:34 PM
Humans invented time by measuring how many times a certain atom vibrates in a certain amount of time.

Yo dawg, I herd you like time.

I'm guessing that the usages of time refer to two different notions? It's all starting to get a little Inception to me.

D'oh.  I posted the bold part in a hurry - obviously it is a circular reference.

"Humans invented time by taking a number of vibrations from a certain atom and calling that one second." would have been a better thing to say.   Wink
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
January 12, 2014, 07:37:13 PM
There was a documentary I was watching about this scientist who mathematically proved that his time machine would work. The only flaw with it is that if we turned it on now, we could only send stuff back to when it was turned on (as a maximum limit) , which is good enough I guess, because you could probably send future mining tech back in time. But then that'll alter that dimension and yeah...

Simple terms, get a delorean, and fill it up using Mr Fusion.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 12, 2014, 07:24:40 PM
Why rent, when you could pre-order.

“Working with a mature design team has been a key advantage. We've been able to leverage our team's decades of experience to quickly explore and evaluate multiple options, and deliver at record speed. Another critical advantage was the choice of UniquifyTime and Dr. Who for design and manufacturing. Both are at the top of their fields, have worked together on multiple projects, and are true innovators.”
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
January 12, 2014, 06:18:34 PM
Well, time to (re)post my favorite time travel comic:

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
January 12, 2014, 06:16:31 PM
No, you are misinterpreting my words.  You can only exist in the present moment though you can manifest anything in that moment.  Thoughts, dreams, or even reality can shift completely to a moment in the past.

We live in an infinite universe with infinite dimensions.  Everything that has ever happened and everything that will happen is all happening right now, everywhere.  It's up to you to tune your mind to experience these other dimensions.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 12, 2014, 06:13:54 PM
You can only exist in the present moment.

So we are arguing the same thing - time travel is not possible.

Lol, time travel isn't possible. Sure it's theoretically possible, but not actually possible.
Vod
legendary
January 12, 2014, 06:06:04 PM
You can only exist in the present moment.

So we are arguing the same thing - time travel is not possible.
legendary
You cannot kill love
January 12, 2014, 05:58:22 PM
Time is not linear, we only live in the present. 

Of course time is linear - it only moves in one direction.

I'd love to hear scientific reasoning (even one born out of insanity) of how you think time could move backwards.

Humans invented time by measuring how many times a certain atom vibrates in a certain amount of time.  Vibrates back and forth.  If you were to reverse time, the atom would still vibrate the same way - back and forth- and be indistinguishable from it's forward motion.  In other words, we measure time going forward (so many vibrations) regardless the way the flow of time travels.  So we can never move backwards in time.  Ever.

Dreams are imagination dank, they are not real.
Time does not move.  Time does not exist.  We perceive it to exist because we measure changes in revolutions around our sun or another cyclic pattern.  Time is a measurement of change, we can perceive it's presence, but it is not a thing.  Like you said, humans invented time as a way of perception.

So time cannot move backwards, for it cannot move forwards either.  You can only exist in the present moment.  Though this does not mean you can not visit a dimension exactly the same as the past.

If you perceive it, it is real, otherwise, how did you perceive it?
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
January 12, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
Humans invented time by measuring how many times a certain atom vibrates in a certain amount of time.

Yo dawg, I herd you like time.

I'm guessing that the usages of time refer to two different notions? It's all starting to get a little Inception to me.
Vod
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:45:23 PM
Time is not linear, we only live in the present. 

Of course time is linear - it only moves in one direction.

I'd love to hear scientific reasoning (even one born out of insanity) of how you think time could move backwards.

Humans invented time by measuring how many times a certain atom vibrates in a certain amount of time.  Vibrates back and forth.  If you were to reverse time, the atom would still vibrate the same way - back and forth- and be indistinguishable from it's forward motion.  In other words, we measure time going forward (so many vibrations) regardless the way the flow of time travels.  So we can never move backwards in time.  Ever.

legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
I doubt he even had any coins to begin with. That whole story smelt fishy to me.

Were you reading the story near a fish market by any chance?

Yeah I suppose that anybody could come up with that cock and bull story for the media attention. Did you see the forum post (don't think that it was here) supposedly by the person who supposedly threw away this supposed hard drive, he was trying to raise funds to find the hard drive.

IIRC it was something along the lines of:

Give me 1 BTC and you will get 25 BTC back in return when I find the hard drive.

ScamCity or what haha.

Nope  lol. Was it by the guy who claimed to have lost them or someone impersonating him to try cash in on idiots? I'm guessing the latter.
legendary
You cannot kill love
January 12, 2014, 05:39:48 PM
Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

It will never be posible I think the reason if it was lets say in 100 years then we would see people coming back to this time
Doesn't quite work like that.  Time is not linear, we only live in the present.  Hence, why I said revisit the past.  There are infinite dimensions so you can relive any moment you wish, and even change the course of that moment but it will effect that dimension rather than the one we currently live in.

But I understand where you're coming from, that was my perspective on time travel too before I grasped the concept.

Though, after singularity, you will be able to physically revisit any time, at any place, at your will.  All it takes is belief that you can do so.

Sorry Dank, that's your psychosis talking.

The one limitation about closing your eyes and imagining yourself in different times is that it is imagination.  (i.e. Your body can't come with you).   Wink

But you keep dreaming - nothing wrong with that.   Smiley
Have you ever had a dream?
legendary
Keep it dense, yeah?
January 12, 2014, 05:24:02 PM
I doubt he even had any coins to begin with. That whole story smelt fishy to me.

Were you reading the story near a fish market by any chance?

Yeah I suppose that anybody could come up with that cock and bull story for the media attention. Did you see the forum post (don't think that it was here) supposedly by the person who supposedly threw away this supposed hard drive, he was trying to raise funds to find the hard drive.

IIRC it was something along the lines of:

Give me 1 BTC and you will get 25 BTC back in return when I find the hard drive.

ScamCity or what haha.
Vod
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:22:03 PM
Though, after singularity, you will be able to physically revisit any time, at any place, at your will.  All it takes is belief that you can do so.

Sorry Dank, that's your psychosis talking.

The one limitation about closing your eyes and imagining yourself in different times is that it is imagination.  (i.e. Your body can't come with you).   Wink

But you keep dreaming - nothing wrong with that.   Smiley
legendary
January 12, 2014, 05:14:42 PM
Travel back to 2011, buy £1500 in BTC and exchange it back in modern day.

Millionaire!

Really? I wish that I could just have a few thousand BTC to hold in my bag. Mind, I'd probably somehow lose it all.

Imagine how that bloke who threw his hard drive away must be feeling. I bet he's well-iLivid.

Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
January 12, 2014, 05:11:54 PM
Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

It will never be posible I think the reason if it was lets say in 100 years then we would see people coming back to this time
legendary
You cannot kill love
January 12, 2014, 05:08:22 PM
Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

You can time travel simply by closing your eyes and imagining.  And it can be done right now!   Smiley
You couldn't be more correct vod, thank you for speaking positively. Smiley

legendary
Keep it dense, yeah?
January 12, 2014, 04:52:08 PM
Travel back to 2011, buy £1500 in BTC and exchange it back in modern day.

Millionaire!

Really? I wish that I could just have a few thousand BTC to hold in my bag. Mind, I'd probably somehow lose it all.

Imagine how that bloke who threw his hard drive away must be feeling. I bet he's well-iLivid.
Vod
legendary
January 12, 2014, 04:31:34 PM
Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

You can time travel simply by closing your eyes and imagining.  And it can be done right now!   Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 12, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

What will you need? Quality genetically modified weed?

It certainly wouldn't hurt.
Pages:
Jump to: