Author

Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow. - page 164. (Read 583524 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 252
Is it fine to keep all ICN on myetherwallet for a long period of time?
I want to hold it for long but apprehensive about keeping it online.

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but it's fine to hold your tokens on myetherwallet because that's not actually an online wallet. Your tokens are not on myetherwallet.com, the site is just a gateway through which you create an ETH wallet for yourself. That's why you need to download and keep your private keys and wallet files.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027
We have never been so close to the beginning !! Warriors and other strong holders will start to really have fun.
Whether it's August 1st or August 15th, I'm totally bumped into it because the result will be the !!
In mode I buy again !!!
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
UX/UI-designer
As I understood (If it's not right, correct me), at the beginning of July, all users will have access to the platform, but there will be no formal launch announcements because there is something to work on. We'll also know at the end of the month, how many ICN tokens will be incinerated.
So what are the price assumptions for ICN in July? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Is it fine to keep all ICN on myetherwallet for a long period of time?
I want to hold it for long but apprehensive about keeping it online.
Activity: 359
Merit: 252
Pretty suspicious about such announcement, this is the first time I've seem them posted a real date. What could happen in August 1 is either we get disappointed again for launch delay as usual and price dip to less than a dollar.

And so what if they delay it from say August 1st to August 4th for example? I don't think this will cause a drop in the price. Maybe this will even somehow help considering on the first of August most eyes will be watching the BTC split drama.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Just hold, be outcome independent.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 1 it is. Lets drop our Taas and buy back our ICN again!!
Pretty suspicious about such announcement, this is the first time I've seem them posted a real date. What could happen in August 1 is either we get disappointed again for launch delay as usual and price dip to less than a dollar. Or we'd all see price spikes and most are left behind by the rocket because we expect a dip. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027
Activity: 514
Merit: 353
Respect has to be earned, just like money!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Iconomi is not as potentially decoupled from crypto as Factom. Factom value is based on protocol use by actual clients (sky is the limit if they capture even a small share in say the mortgage market), Iconomi derives its value from how well crypto is doing and with the growing risk of a bubble collapse, that's not something you want all your money in.

You aren't being objective here.
You should never want all your money in one project.
Iconomi removes barriers to invest in crypto market. And it also is to be used by real clients including those unfamiliar with crypto. Capture even a fraction of this market and even sky isn't the limit. Whether you mix it with mortgage-backed securities or anything else is up to you.
Activity: 186
With each passing day, the technical debt of many projects is increasing. Very few, if any, have a working product or service. But that's not even the worst part. When/if they DO come out with a 'working' product or service, you will witness the greatest problem to be slammed down on all of crypto: no one gives a fuck about usecases or the functionality of projects like WAVES/LISK/ICONOMI/DASH/GOLEM/AUGUR/WHATEVER, people only want fuckyoumoney returns on their 'investment'. This realisation, that the market consists predominantly of investors and not people actually wanting to use the blockchain tech, will send everything tumbling down save for the FEW and RARE serious projects.

Out of interest, which projects do you think are the serious/useful ones?

I see you're into Factom.

I think your perspective is interesting, so if you were to convince an Iconomi holder to sell, what would you recommend they hold instead?

So the focus is on identifying projects that offer a real solution to existing problems.

1. Anything that taps into existing multi-billion/trillion markets, like Factom. Gotta make sure to do your due diligence. Serious team? Serious technology behind it? Any progress? Factom targets various industries, including the mortgage industry (2 trillion market cap in US alone), already in contract negotiations with major institutions. Backed by Tim Draper, etc.

Be very careful about projects that try to create new demand. Take the more recent Primalbase for example. Very shocking idea.

2. Privacy. Crypto is creating new millionaires each day. They're gonna want to hide their shit somewhere. Bitcoin is not anonymous, look at all the rising chain-analysis stuff. Monero is good, but a very long-term hodl. Dash & Cloak are shit.

These two points are key. Anything else is pure hype and speculation. Ethereum has turned into nothing more than a token creation platform for ICO scams. That's not to say you shouldn't make use of it. Dump some fresh FIAT into ICO scams each month (no more than a couple hundred bucks each) and you'll do well enough until everything goes to shit. Pick the ones that have super cool ''advisors'' and guys with beards on their team.

And why you don't see Iconomi fits into the same definition as factom?
Fund managing is quite big

Iconomi is not as potentially decoupled from crypto as Factom. Factom value is based on protocol use by actual clients (sky is the limit if they capture even a small share in say the mortgage market), Iconomi derives its value from how well crypto is doing and with the growing risk of a bubble collapse, that's not something you want all your money in.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
With each passing day, the technical debt of many projects is increasing. Very few, if any, have a working product or service. But that's not even the worst part. When/if they DO come out with a 'working' product or service, you will witness the greatest problem to be slammed down on all of crypto: no one gives a fuck about usecases or the functionality of projects like WAVES/LISK/ICONOMI/DASH/GOLEM/AUGUR/WHATEVER, people only want fuckyoumoney returns on their 'investment'. This realisation, that the market consists predominantly of investors and not people actually wanting to use the blockchain tech, will send everything tumbling down save for the FEW and RARE serious projects.

I think your perspective is interesting, so if you were to convince an Iconomi holder to sell, what would you recommend they hold instead?

So the focus is on identifying projects that offer a real solution to existing problems.

1. Anything that taps into existing multi-billion/trillion markets, like Factom. Gotta make sure to do your due diligence. Serious team? Serious technology behind it? Any progress? Factom targets various industries, including the mortgage industry (2 trillion market cap in US alone), already in contract negotiations with major institutions. Backed by Tim Draper, etc.

Be very careful about projects that try to create new demand. Take the more recent Primalbase for example. Very shocking idea.

2. Privacy. Crypto is creating new millionaires each day. They're gonna want to hide their shit somewhere. Bitcoin is not anonymous, look at all the rising chain-analysis stuff. Monero is good, but a very long-term hodl. Dash & Cloak are shit.

These two points are key. Anything else is pure hype and speculation. Ethereum has turned into nothing more than a token creation platform for ICO scams. That's not to say you shouldn't make use of it. Dump some fresh FIAT into ICO scams each month (no more than a couple hundred bucks each) and you'll do well enough until everything goes to shit. Pick the ones that have super cool ''advisors'' and guys with beards on their team.

And why you don't see Iconomi fits into the same definition as factom?
Fund managing is quite big
Activity: 186

1. Anything that taps into existing multi-billion/trillion markets, like Factom. Gotta make sure to do your due diligence. Serious team? Serious technology behind it? Any progress? Factom targets various industries, including the mortgage industry (2 trillion market in US alone), already in contract negotiations with major institutions. Backed by Tim Draper, etc.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
Taas also invested in bancor.That makes bancor more valuable.
But bigger investors means possibility of dumping is high.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

No wonder Bancor has crashed MEW as they said  Shocked Since the start of Bancor ICO, it was also the start of ETH's spike. Has the team verified that information, seem like a good time to also invest to Bancor.

sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Activity: 280
Just Believe in trusted/transparents Proyects

Hahahaha
Goood Joke (right now ) ,  but maybe icn 100.$ or more next year
Jump to: