Author

Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow. - page 168. (Read 583524 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

For example, I came across this 'APX ventures', who are using a buyback system too, but their approach is different:

70% will go towards market buys on exchange

20% will go towards buy support @ 10% below market price.

10% will go towards the APX Liquidity Fund (ALF) which will held as BTC off-exchange, available for anyone to access if they wish to convert their APX for BTC without disrupting the market.

All APX acquired through this process will be verifiably burned.

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByqyVzIU5PtFLXp2UGZPcUFYd1U/view

The liquidity fund idea is interesting, but I'm mainly drawn towards the fact that they will offer market buys, as well as buy support.

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on this approach - is it better or worse? Has this been discussed on the slack at all, or with the team?

Such breakdown won't benefit this fund, IMO.

A company should always aim to buy back its stock at the lowest possible price:

1. more shares are burned for the same amount of cash
2. solid support level below market price reduces volatility
3. it also brings stability and provides confidence
4. buying at market artificially inflates price and when buybacks are done a dump will follow. 20% won't hold that.
5. the fund ends up overpaying for its stock - which is a loss basically

The "liquidity fund" is not a new concept. Again, a company is likely to end up paying more than it could have paid -  BTC x-rate is still tied to the market so the price should include some premium to attract sellers. We have a "free market"-style transparent exchanges, why should we use tools from another era?

Correct me if I'm wrong, let's discuss it  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Activity: 504
Yes. Buybacks means constant buy support in the market.

Wonder what would my uncle say about this

Moi?

Let's put other arguments aside, and focus on a more constructive discussion... The buy back orders are apparently only going to be placed below the last price - which I'm not entirely sure on...

For example, I came across this 'APX ventures', who are using a buyback system too, but their approach is different:

10% will go towards the APX Liquidity Fund (ALF) which will held as BTC off-exchange, available for anyone to access if they wish to convert their APX for BTC without disrupting the market.

The liquidity fund idea is interesting, but I'm mainly drawn towards the fact that they will offer market buys, as well as buy support.

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on this approach - is it better or worse? Has this been discussed on the slack at all, or with the team?

No, it hasn't been discussed in slack. Personally I don't love the idea of market buy - it creates artificial price pump. I like the idea of placing buy orders bellow the highest market price much more.

Liquidity fund as OTC as a service? Actually it sounds interesting
Activity: 392
Merit: 255

Moi?

Let's put other arguments aside, and focus on a more constructive discussion... The buy back orders are apparently only going to be placed below the last price - which I'm not entirely sure on...

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Yyyes! $2 at kraken! this is just the start and would fly eventually just as we expect.  platform isn't yet available to everyone, how much more can it go when its accessible for the public. is the role of ICN in the platform already known?
http://imgur.com/aDMe8MW

May help

FEES - Operating Costs= Buybacks of ICN
Thought i read somewhere that the buyback is only temporary
EDIT.
jumped on slack and asked, so buyback is permanent at 20% as stated in last AMA

You still mixed it up a little bit
Smiley

ICN token holders benefit from several revenue streams including 20% of ICNP realized gains, a 3% yearly ICNX management fee (deducted every 6 hours from underlying assets) and 0.1% entry/exit fee.
Fees will also be collected from all future Digital Asset Arrays (DAA) created on the ICONOMI platform.

That is a great concept, but how would token holders benefit technically? By ICN buyback and price increase?

Is his name Sam by any chance?
Yyyes! $2 at kraken! this is just the start and would fly eventually just as we expect.  platform isn't yet available to everyone, how much more can it go when its accessible for the public. is the role of ICN in the platform already known?

May help

EDIT.

Smiley

ICN token holders benefit from several revenue streams including 20% of ICNP realized gains, a 3% yearly ICNX management fee (deducted every 6 hours from underlying assets) and 0.1% entry/exit fee.
Fees will also be collected from all future Digital Asset Arrays (DAA) created on the ICONOMI platform.

That is a great concept, but how would token holders benefit technically? By ICN buyback and price increase?

May help

EDIT.

Smiley

Yes, You ht the nail on the Head!
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301

May help

EDIT.

Smiley

Activity: 392
Merit: 255
Mendeleev's refined trolling skills transcend the limits of nationality or human race. He may very well not be from this planet, or could be the first generation of an advanced artificial inteligence bent on world dominations and enslaving us all. Either way we are all doomed!

Haha that was gold!

Me right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINgR1ig0cQ

May help

EDIT.

Smiley

DOH!,  Thankyou for clarification

May help

EDIT.

Smiley

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

May help

EDIT.

That's a great image. Really helps break down the potential profit that will flow into ICN. Iconomi have been so quiet recently this is all helping to bring back my excitement in the project! Go ICN!

May help

EDIT.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
B-b-but no communications
If they can reach $2 without communication,imagine where would they be with communication lol
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027
Our names are Astronauts !!!!!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
B-b-but no communications
Jump to: