Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are not dead, just maturing in a positive way. - page 4. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
For me ICO isn't dead a few investors particularly newcomers are only terrified of this bear market situation, Even genuine projects fails not achieve softcap some ICO's refunded to the investors some are transform into scams, some are scams from the beginning so we should be watchful. In the opposite side SEC has step in that is the reason some ICO's presently required to do KYC even bounty participants to eliminate frauds.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
I no longer believe that ICO projects are becoming more mature, because fraudsters still exist, and if these fraudsters can't be punished, the ICO market will only face death!
You are absolutely right. Without addressing the issue of eliminating fraud in ICO projects, this activity will only lose its value. The only way out of this situation is the regulation of the activities of ICO by the states. Only they can restore order in this kind of activity. Many states are taking steps in this direction, but it’s hard to say when it will give real results.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
ICO will still have a future. Crypto takes innovation and new revolution and ICO will be able to create it. Although in this time is a bad thing for all the ICO's existing but there will be phases in which the ICO could grow along with the soaring crypto as well.
Activity: 883
Merit: 262
Not all icos are dead, but most of them will be. I think Ethereum is not the right platform for most of the projects out there, so there will be another dominant chain in the future.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I think they have to do that, inspite the fact that there were ico's that just fraud and scam. They have to level up or upgrade their plans and initiative upon projecting an ico project. They should do this to bring back the thrust of the investors.
Activity: 685
ICOs are not dead. This year a lot of investors are moving away from ICOs. This has a positive effect on the ICOs. This decrease in number of investors supporting ICOs has acting like a filter leaving the strong ICOs standing. In this manner, those scam and weak ICOs will died soon. The investors are also maturing by making a deep study before investing.
copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
CAT.EX Exchange
I am sure that the future of ICO is seen as bright and distant. I believe that the use of ICO is a great discovery of the present time for the implementation of projects useful for the development of mankind.
As the time passes by the ico keeps on maturing and adjusting to the trend for the ecosystem. I believe the next big thing is with the approval of STO and many matured investors are buying it. And many good projects are lining up.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
Seriously, since after the ICO frenzy in 2017, the notion of ICOs have been very down and considering the fact that so many recent ones turned out to be scams is a very big issue for ICO. So many people don't even invest in it again. And considering the fact that so many of these projects don't even make it beyond ICO is another issue.
Activity: 686
I would not exactly say that but they are maturing but there is no way to tell if they are doing so in a positive way or not. Given the high amount of scam icos that we have had to deal with recently I would not exactly say that the icos are maturing in a positive way. It is more of a just finding a way to survive through people not wanting to invest money in them anymore
Activity: 294
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
I no longer believe that ICO projects are becoming more mature, because fraudsters still exist, and if these fraudsters can't be punished, the ICO market will only face death!
Activity: 335
I am sure that the future of ICO is seen as bright and distant. I believe that the use of ICO is a great discovery of the present time for the implementation of projects useful for the development of mankind.
The emergence of ICO is indeed great, but because the shortcomings of ICO are also fatal, you can look at the price of Ethereum. It is now very cheap. There are fewer and fewer ICOs, and many projects have the same ICO function without investment value. Only a few ICO projects are worth investing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
There is no difference between the current ICO and death. Only a very good ICO project will have investors to join. Many ICOs will fail. Now ICO investors have become very few, so we should invest cautiously.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
maturity in a positive way, but if it continues to happen it is not impossible that ICO will eventually die.
everyone also understands that ICO will not die so fast but for the long term we cannot continue to believe it
Activity: 262
Crowdfunding companies have been around for a very long time. The peak of their popularity has passed, but they do not think to disappear. At the same time there is nothing new in them. But the cryptocurrency and blockchain provide new technologies and prospects, so the ICO will continue to exist. There is hope that the scam will be less.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
Most ICOs these days get their funding, most especially their initial capitals from private investors. ICOs are really on the decline. Which is why if any ICO is seen not succeeding, it means that they have not been able to source for private investors.
Activity: 726
Merit: 100
besides the many cases of ico fraud, actually there are still many ico that are really good and very potential, they are also filled with a team of professionals and noble spirits to support the crypto industry
Activity: 322
I wrote this before, and am writing it here now. I would really like to advocate for institutions and VC money entering this space. Let me know your comments.

The fervour and bullishness of the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) of 2017 is long forgotten, and markets are maturing to a steady state. Regulations are becoming clearer, and talks of the Security Token Offering (STO) become common place. Where has the ICO gone? Simply put, its still there. Just not so ‘public’ and often anymore. Indeed, the velocity of token sales done in recent months are declining exponentially.

Private and/or institutional sales

It is well-documented that most ICOs today are sold largely (up to 95%) to private placements, consisting of institutions and High Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs). These private offerings are completed with generous discounts before release to the public (no discount), or at times listing straight to a crypto exchange thereafter.

Equity and/or hybrid token offerings

As more VCs venture into this space, more traditional instruments of financing are being promoted- be it equity, convertible loans or token buy-back agreements. These instruments are important to ICO progress in two ways:

1. They bring about security to investments by holding the issuer/start-up accountable to the ICO.
2. They allow institutional investors a channel to buy into ICOs. Without which, most VCs do not have the authority or mandate to buy tokens.

The future of ICOs

Due to predominantly private, VC-driven ICOs, it is easy to mistake that the democratised, token-based ecosystem is regressing, or worse, ceasing to exist. ICOs today seem to model traditional fund-raising routes (which kind of defeats the purpose doesn’t it?).

However, it is useful to consider that blockchain start-ups and projects are not at all like other start-ups due to the existence of a secondary market (crypto-exchanges)— a very large one in fact. This means that most projects will still have their cryptocurrencies distributed over a larger pool of users/customers/investors.

As the crypto industry and regulatory environment continues to evolve rapidly, the idea of more compliant, accountable and funded ICOs cannot be bad.

I am sure that market will begin growth when all the people that have no chance of undestanding it, will step aside. This is the best solution.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
I started hearing a lot of fake ico cases that were intentional just to make a profit, when they had managed to raise money, they just left the project, it was very embarrassing
Activity: 182
It is clear that ICO market will recover. It will become a little more strict, but demand for ICOs is still high and people invest ideas with great desire.
Activity: 359
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
I do not think so. If the ICO market is not effectively regulated and the fraudsters are not sanctioned, then the ICO market is about to die!
Pages:
Jump to: