Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 54. (Read 6963 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
May 08, 2018, 02:10:19 AM
On some coins, the price flies up several times, then falls to the price of the sale of ICO and in a few months exceeds the surge after the release of coins to the market.
I would be very honest with you about my opinion here. ICOs nowadays are not as promising as they used to in past when the digital market was still too young and too weak and the number of available options was also a limited one but now the market is full of variations and besides, there is a big threat of being scammed too. Moreover, these can never bring real profits anyway.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
May 06, 2018, 10:30:58 AM
For real, last year half of them were scam, and now 8 out of 10. That undermines the trust and whole notion of ICOs. The mechanism really has to evolve, or be regulated somehow, or ICOs will be a thing of the past very soon
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
May 06, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
The ICO i added on this post they have

1) Decentralized in prototype (launching june 1 2018)
2) open Source multi layer Blockchain built from the ground in Prototype (Launching in June 1 2018)
3) An incubator (Launched May 1 2018) Currently used to sell their XSO coins in bare bones
4) Wallets and payment solutions (Their wallets are erc-20 compatible besides their own Coins)

And they are no where close to selling out. They did not market well and will not give out free coins so i think it is a good Project to throw a few in.

I am going big on this and crossing my finders this is another EOS
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 06, 2018, 09:07:46 AM
In 2017, most of the icos were profitable, and now even the best do not collect hard cap. This is also due to the regulation of this sphere. In addition, there are many who want to make money on icos, it is also difficult to choose.
Activity: 140
May 05, 2018, 01:18:46 AM
On some coins, the price flies up several times, then falls to the price of the sale of ICO and in a few months exceeds the surge after the release of coins to the market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
May 01, 2018, 06:33:18 AM
Well, things are changing now. 2017 ICO were attractive  and profitable because of Bitcoin atomic  rise in price. Almost all ICO in 2017 benefited directly and indirectly from bitcoin price. 2018 will not be any different.
Activity: 106
May 01, 2018, 06:09:36 AM
If ICO dips so much, then you have just probavly invested in some scam. The.lobger you wait to cur risks with ICO, the more potential profit you loss. That the thing and fir it didn't change a bit since last year
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 03:19:11 AM
Yes of course not, there are many sprouting ICO'S that are scam and very active during lunching but in a long run, it gently fades and dissapear. ICO'S today are much develop and mostly requires KYC for security reasons and avoid multiple accounts. The success rate of Ico's are mostly rely to investor's either how great or worst your project is...
Activity: 1302
Merit: 129
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
May 01, 2018, 02:44:34 AM

It is not useful to beginners First we should study the white paper and road map of the new project then it is satisfy our expectation we can invest ICO. But two to three times analyse the project and ask suggestion for some experts then we can invest the ICO.
[/quote]

Investing in an ICO only because it has cool website and some good introductory Youtube video is a mistake most of us made very often. You have to start from the whitepaper, google about team members, ask questions on there bitcointalk.org thread. This research will enable you to decide whether or not an ICO is good for investment.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
April 30, 2018, 11:42:08 PM
I agree to this that the ICOs in 2018 is not the same as 2017 because back in the last year, almost all the ICOs are successful and they are really giving great returns on investment like at least 100% return, based on my own experience in investing while this year which is 2018, a lot of ICOs are turning into scam because the people became greedier than before.
It's a long way to go, we cannot determine it yet since in overall the market is down this year.
Last year, we are close to trillion dollars marketcap but now we did not reach the 500billion dollar marketcap yet, let's just hope we will have new ATH this year.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
April 30, 2018, 11:22:00 PM
Yes ICOs are different in 2018. As in 2017 success rate of ICOs are much higher rather today.. And ICOs today have more chance to abandonned and leave the project. Thats why we must be catious on joining ICOs, look always to the members of the team if they are transparent and their technology has the future and different to the existing one

Its pretty obvious that ICO of today will not be as successful compare to last year because there's a lot of nation who are against ICO and even social media have put a clamp on crypto advertisement. We all know that this is a niche market, so if it put on difficult situation like today, it will have a hard time taking off. Just look at how many ICO's doesn't even reached its softcap and the project just die. Even if you look at the team behind, even if the project looks solid and legit, but if it doesn't have the proper exposure and didn't reached it target investors, it will eventually fail. Plus, ICO scams keep popping, having a negative effect on projects that has really a good potential but did not get the support from the community because investors are afraid that it maybe the next big scam, sad but true.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 30, 2018, 10:42:31 PM
I agree to this that the ICOs in 2018 is not the same as 2017 because back in the last year, almost all the ICOs are successful and they are really giving great returns on investment like at least 100% return, based on my own experience in investing while this year which is 2018, a lot of ICOs are turning into scam because the people became greedier than before.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
April 30, 2018, 10:36:45 PM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

This has been the pattern for most of the ICO coins actually. Many people have already noticed this pattern that is why a lot of investors are shifting to the exchanges as compared to joining during the ICO proper. However, there are certain perks and privileges when one invests during the ICO. Aside from the bonuses that the ICO gives to its investors, there are also dividends and other promised benefits when one chooses to invest in the ICO.   
Activity: 770
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
April 30, 2018, 09:17:49 PM
Yes ICOs are different in 2018. As in 2017 success rate of ICOs are much higher rather today.. And ICOs today have more chance to abandonned and leave the project. Thats why we must be catious on joining ICOs, look always to the members of the team if they are transparent and their technology has the future and different to the existing one
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
April 30, 2018, 09:13:31 PM
really ICO this year is very different from the previous year. It is possible that ICO is increasingly appearing this year, but that does not guarantee its security, even most ICO that fail is ICO this year .. Pathetic
Activity: 1667
Merit: 271
April 13, 2018, 03:15:45 PM
most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.

I do believed that most of the altcoins who got their price dumped, I am very sure when Bitcoin starts to go up again most of the top altcoins will also get pump like what will happen to bitcoin. But for now it is like a volcano sleeping yet and near to explode at any moment.

you are right, now altcoins prices lowest levels. in this bottom point I think full purchase opportunity,..

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.

I do believed that most of the altcoins who got their price dumped, I am very sure when Bitcoin starts to go up again most of the top altcoins will also get pump like what will happen to bitcoin. But for now it is like a volcano sleeping yet and near to explode at any moment.
We are all hoping that would happen because if not we could dump more and it will get worse.
Patience for now is what we should be doing, without it we will never survive in the market, I do believe this manipulation will end and it will reverse
the current situation.

my hope and my thoughts like this..

but if there will not be an increase, in May and June,  my faith will decrease.   Undecided  Cry

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
April 11, 2018, 10:30:03 AM
I also have an opinion like that, that investing in ico will lead us to losses because once registered in the market average coin ico will dip deeply. but if everyone has such an opinion then I'm sure there will be no successful ICO.
Activity: 216
Merit: 11
April 11, 2018, 09:58:00 AM
Just now is not the best situation on the market, everything will fall while the price of bitcoin is declining. On a good basis, all projects were to transfer their sales for a more favorable period
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
April 11, 2018, 09:57:26 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
I have never invested in ico since my loss when investing in ico Dao a few years ago.
An ico is not all successful and runs smoothly, the examples of the excited DAO coin have instead become a hard slap for the ETH and are just wasting money.
And recently we saw a tremendous ico success into a scam that is UAHpay.

I think you'd better invest your money for altcoin that is on a big exchange like Bittrex or Binance, it's more profitable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
April 11, 2018, 09:50:12 AM
It is quite normal to expect the ICO tokens to have a dip in price during the first few months of their launch. It is because of the bounty participants that the price fall because there are many people who work in bointy programs to promote the ICOs and then when the tokens/coins are launched in the exchanges, the people dump it to get BTC in return for it. This is how the cycle had been working until today.

That is true, like anybody else bounty hunters only think of what they can earn rather than what they can contribute to the ICO. Though they are mostly responsible for the promotions of an ICO project, most of them dump during the first launch of it in exchange that is why a dip will be expected during the first cycle of the project.
Pages:
Jump to: