Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 50. (Read 6963 times)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
June 01, 2018, 10:07:18 PM
On some coins, the price flies up several times, then falls to the price of the sale of ICO and in a few months exceeds the surge after the release of coins to the market.
I think  it depends on the entire market movement, when we are in bearish season, we can barely see a coin that will pump.
What I see now that has risen a lot is the PundiX, I know its bearish so we cannot expect our investment to grow easily, investing requires timing as well.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
June 01, 2018, 02:06:46 AM
I have observed similar patterns with many of the coins but you will also find some that will immediately be priced at 5 or even 10 times greater than at ICO so the rewards for finding those coins will far outweigh the possible 20 or 30% savings you may make from purchasing a coin after it has completed ICO. On a falling coin perhaps you can take the opportunity to purchase further and reduce your overall cost average.

One thing to note is that you won't get any bonses purchasing after ICO
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 11:21:05 AM
We know that ICO coin will be dumped at their first release to the market.You suggest to buy on the dip after dumping,but most coin will stay in that price and not likely to recover.It depends on the people support on that coin to make the price rise again,so find some ICO that has high rate for succeed.
Activity: 27
June 01, 2018, 01:58:28 AM
On some coins, the price flies up several times, then falls to the price of the sale of ICO and in a few months exceeds the surge after the release of coins to the market.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
May 30, 2018, 08:54:40 AM
of course, those projects that were in 2016 and 2017 are very different from those that are in 2018. the biggest difference is that back then the project was quite small and that people were investing their funds needed to prepare an almost perfect project with 99% confidence that it would work. now there are a lot of different projects on the market, most of which are very weak.
2018 is really a bleak year for the Crypto market, the market is always down, many have abandoned the market, because they are bubbling, fraud. Thus, the market continues to fall deeply. Personally, I'm still patient with Crypto, we can hold them for a long time. We will succeed if we have enough patience.
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
May 30, 2018, 08:52:46 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

Well of course they aren't. Market conditions in 2017 and 2018 are considerably different. In the early half of 2017 there were fewer people participating in ico's and fewer people in crypto. The number of icos were significantly less, and valuations were cheaper. And of course all this was happening in the middle of a massive bull run. Right now we are in massive bear phase and the competition is much higher. Its always going to be difficult in this environment. But thats not to say that you still cant find good ico's to invest in. You just have to look harder and actually do some research rather then just blindly buy this months hype.

Exchange listings are also no longer a given and is very expensive these days. Last i heard a binance listing is now around 3-5 million
Activity: 168
May 30, 2018, 08:50:58 AM
Thank you for the learning. That is true! Once the coins is on the exchange the price play at dump and pump but mostly it is dump more than the price of ICO. Well, experienced is the great teacher ever. That's our personal learnings.
Activity: 451
Merit: 100
May 30, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
You are absolutely right, rules of this game has been changed and it is more beneficial to purchase projects after listing on exchanges.
Too much ICOs we have , so you have to find hidden gems and don't waste your time on shitty projects
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
May 30, 2018, 08:39:45 AM
Well, things are changing now. 2017 ICO were attractive  and profitable because of Bitcoin atomic  rise in price. Almost all ICO in 2017 benefited directly and indirectly from bitcoin price. 2018 will not be any different.

As I see, most of the ICOs' activities are controlled more now. Therefore, now you can get more chances to find a very good and reliable project. If you do it and invest in it, you'll get a LOT, and the profit will be cool.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
May 30, 2018, 06:41:25 AM
Am i wrong or are the current running ICOs with low interest?
Some days ago I found a very interesting project, PAYMON... what do you think about?
IMO they have very interesting and innovative features.. Paymon is very very cheap at the moment, and it could be a big one in future...

Here the link to btt thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annico-paymon-blockchain-platform-start-ico-020218-2702491
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 30, 2018, 06:28:38 AM
I agree with you. In 2017, ratio of the scam ones were much less than this. It will be even worse in 2019 but I still have hope for ICO investment, whit one exception, now you should make more research before investment.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
May 30, 2018, 05:59:33 AM
of course, those projects that were in 2016 and 2017 are very different from those that are in 2018. the biggest difference is that back then the project was quite small and that people were investing their funds needed to prepare an almost perfect project with 99% confidence that it would work. now there are a lot of different projects on the market, most of which are very weak.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 30, 2018, 02:36:45 AM
And it happens that immediately after the last sale price increases several times.There are many factors that affect this, for example the popularity of the project if the project is very good then the price will be more often
not just poupularity, if popularity maybe of great influence is its supporters are increasing, not the price. if the price increases because the project is successful in achieving the target
Activity: 124
May 30, 2018, 02:24:07 AM
yes I agree with you, better buy when ico enter the market, the price will fall when new enter the market, there is our chance to invest buy ico coins
Activity: 110
May 30, 2018, 01:51:03 AM
The best year for investment ico was 2017
Activity: 168
May 30, 2018, 01:41:01 AM
Many write that 2018 is the best year for the Ico , but I do not agree with this . This year I have participated in many projects and almost all of them are below the price of the ico
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
May 30, 2018, 01:33:58 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

yes its true and the market are not the same as 2017. So there is big impact from how the market grow to ico coin value when enter the market. I believe investing in ico still cool and profitable but you need to know which one is good to invest in and its really hard.
Activity: 86
May 30, 2018, 01:29:06 AM
I also think that in 2017 almost all the projects in which I participated gave a good profit . This year everything changed
Activity: 100
May 30, 2018, 01:31:26 AM
And it happens that immediately after the last sale price increases several times.There are many factors that affect this, for example the popularity of the project if the project is very good then the price will be more often
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
May 30, 2018, 01:23:02 AM
In 2018, many more ICOs are growing rapidly. It is likely to double amounts of the ICOs in 2017. Now,, scams are also everywhere that can some investors afraid to invest their money in ICO. Whereas, investing in a legit and trusted ICO will really make us double profits to reach. ICO is actually very profitable if we can really investigate the best one and reduce the scam potential. Now, I don't want to think that ICO is very difficult to find. I will think of how to analyze the right ICO and then invest it to hold for some months or year.
Pages:
Jump to: