Pages:
Author

Topic: IEO can be a safer investment option than ICO - page 10. (Read 2174 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 2
IEO is safer but how to buy ? I have tried on Binance and Bittrex but I wasn't able to buy even I open my browser before 15 minutes. Bittrex had not enable buy options even timer was 00.00.00, so how we will buy. Once opened buy options then already sold out. WTF, who bought this tokens if users not able to buy? To be honest exchanges start new business really.
Buying IEO is a tricky puzzle. Obviously, there's intervention of exchanges on this to cause hype. Talking about Bittrex, they did this so beautifully. VeriBlock tokens sold out in a couple seconds (I couldn't buy either). A lot of my friends were able to buy, though, using some kind of tool or script. But Bittrex can't make VeriBlock's price fly high.

Eventually innocent people's will lose their fund.
Totally right but are you too naive saying this? Financial games are for 5% of population only. As long as crypto currency exists, ICO/IEO or some other forms of them exist. At least for now, IEO is a better choice than ICO.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
IEO is safer but how to buy ? I have tried on Binance and Bittrex but I wasn't able to buy even I open my browser before 15 minutes. Bittrex had not enable buy options even timer was 00.00.00, so how we will buy. Once opened buy options then already sold out. WTF, who bought this tokens if users not able to buy? To be honest exchanges start new business really. They will hold all coin and sell on high price. Eventually innocent people's will lose their fund.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
Curious to see how exchanges will do their background checks on the developers itself and the project as a whole. I don't want to see only some kind of promotion page for this offered tokens but the full background of the token itself because probably what they will be doing is they will just promote the token and its project which could also be a bad thing for us. It would be no different to some people hyping up an ICO to pump the prices as they might likely have a portion of the offered tokens themselves ready to sell. They might not do it on their first few IEOs but if they got the trust of the people behind them things could go on a different direction.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
Well it is somehow good because of these exchange partners with the project but mind you that it is not the barometer how the project will be brought. It is still depend on the development and its focus on how to create huge demand for the utility of the crypto.

Anyway, I just also think about it since a good partnership may going to boos the project like this good excahnges. No wonder that many will going to like on EIO compared to ICO.
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
This new plug is the real deal at least the safety of investor funds makes this space decent on term of raising funds for a project. However it doesn't stop a further price decline as that is largely dependent on the forces of demand and supply.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Tôi hoàn toàn đồng ý với ý kiến ​​của OP rằng IEO an toàn hơn ICO
here's so many users on this forum who take ICO investment as a earning source and honestly its never been so easy to make handsome profits from every ICO projects. As we all know that recently ICO scam has been a common issue where in every week scam accusation section getting crowded with these ICO scam related thread.   

Investment safety is the most important thing for a investor. Everyone will be glad to know worldwide crypto exchanges have started IEO system for upcoming crypto projects where I think its a safer investment way for a crypto investor. Recently some famous exchanges are running this Initial Exchange Offering and they are;

1. Binance 
2. Bittrex 
3. kucoin 

As a crypto investor I personally believe that this system is pretty much safer than ICO. Basically investors had to think about a lot of things before putting their fund on a ICO project such as research whitepaper, project Accuracy, team members and many more. In case if a project can't be able to be listed on exchanges then its another big problem for the investor. But this new IEO system has made this easier for investors IMO. Where recent Binance launchpad Projects gain 10x price from the starting price.

I am not encouraging you guys to make IEO investment but just trying to show a safer way where there is lower chance to be scammed.
[/quote]
Activity: 490
Merit: 275
actuality IEO a new trick from exchanges  Grin They want Height own tokens
you can't Participation if you don't have there token

The number participants few + there is no transparency ..
that what I think
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
IEO is safer because you know what you're investing in. You can lose money if the token gets dumped or ends like bittrex with not much attention from community but at least you know you won't get scammed.

If you like to gamble ICOs are still a better choice because they get pumped a lot at random. If you get lucky your coin will go up by 100% in 1 hour but like I said it's gambling.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
Do they selective to choose a project? And how they decide the project is scam or legit? these things are very important to know. Recently, I haven't know how IEO work as a whole, I just know this system will be running by exchange itself. In advantage side I agree IEO will be more calculated by some investors because they don't need a long time to see the token in the exchange different with ICO that need maybe a long time to see the token will be listed in some exchange.
For investing on ICO investor always fear about projects team legality but IMO for IEO atleast investor can feel relax about investigating about team. On the other hand ICO success stage start from the listing momentum where its not only hard to be listed but also time is a big fact there. Investor need to spend a lot of time to see the token/coin on best exchanges for a good price build up. But for IEO they are able to see that on exchange within a short time.

Recently ICO scam is a common issue on our forum where every single day these scammers finding new way to steal investors fund. I hope IEO will show them a better crypto investment option at least.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
From what I have learnt until now, IEO is another form of ICO where IEO is vouched by an exchange. Generally, ICO is a good way of scamming chunk amount of money. IEO until now is better than ICO but in the long run, it will be the same for scammers. There are a lot of exchanges which don't have much volume. By issuing an IEO, the platform can raise X times more amount than their monthly volume. In that case, it will be easy to scam people. At the end, IEO still doesn't comply with the secured way of investment. At the beginning, it probably will have success and no risk will be there but at the end, door is still opened for scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

~snip~

Don't forget about IEO from Huobi Prime, their first list project 'Top Network's is very successful, the sale was over only a couple of seconds on each round, and the ROI right now are massive! Almost x20 from first round price. And yeah IEO is far better than ICO in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Do they selective to choose a project? And how they decide the project is scam or legit? these things are very important to know. Recently, I haven't know how IEO work as a whole, I just know this system will be running by exchange itself. In advantage side I agree IEO will be more calculated by some investors because they don't need a long time to see the token in the exchange different with ICO that need maybe a long time to see the token will be listed in some exchange.
copper member
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
I can understand why you think that IEOs are safer than ICOs (for reputable exchanges only), since to be listed on Binance for example you have to pass some sort of verification test.
But from an investment standpoint, I think that's where it ends. The only advantage is that you have somebody else that did the work for you already (some due diligence), which you should do for any investment - no matter if it's an IEO or ICO - anyway (make sure that the team is legit etc.).
Another advantage might be the hype that they are experiencing currently - which leads to the big pump&dumps that have already been mentioned in previous posts. But that is nothing I would think of as positive actually.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
wow, another info worth reading for. As a bounty hunter itself, I am not keen on every good projecta but knowing this forum with a lot users with input regarding on bounties and etc. Life in bounty hunting may become easy. At least we have them here and the best thing is to not just focus on one section. I have been posting for a while im different sections and definitely it is a help especially in learning new things. However, i am just not doing some.replies in some technical section thus giving me hard time to understand the postings and the terminologies.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Like as you said, investors need to research the project in ICO but why not in IEO? An investors must have to read the whitepaper and understand the whole project. All of the Binance launchpad IEO gave good returns don't mean IEO will be a good investment option. It will also be hugely misused like as ICO was. Investors still require to study the project because you must not depend on Binance, who run after pure profit only.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
We know every day coming many new investor or users in the crypto world. And most of the users don't have a good knowledge of crypto. So there is a chance to be cheated by a scammer mostly in ICO investment.
I think IEO is a good decision for new investors even all investors. But we must remember that we need to trust those IEO which is arranged by the trusted and popular exchange.
Activity: 400
Merit: 15
Crypto Ghost Since 2017
I am not yet sure about Bittrex but I have experience on Binance they manipulate themselves. General member are unable to buy Launchpad. What I expect big whales or Binance themselves accumulate most of token. We can see within few days what is going on. Expect Bittrex will not cheat their users. However I am wondering to try on Bittrex if they distribute fairly. And obviously I am not going to invest any ICO anymore. If found legitimate IEO perhaps I would like to invest small amount just for experience.

I agree with Binance accumulating most of the token itself. There a very few people who were successful buying CELER last time and we don't have info regarding all buyers. The another common thing was people going with full cap were only who got a place during last Binance's IEO. The model of IEO can't be compared to ICO as there is no decentralization at first. Second, 200-300 USD investment is no possible according IEOs held by Binance.

Safe? What if an investor with 500 USD was in queue for clearing his participation and after 20 minutes, he gets to know he failed? He will surely loose his total investment(BNB) gathered for IEO as there will be dump after conclusion of IEO which we've seen for CELER as well.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Let go to very beginning, shun ICO, STO and IEO. Just launch  your coin just like Bitcoin and focus on development. If something is of real value then it definitely get the monetary value. It also raise the confidence that developer is not there for just gathering the quick money.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
I am not yet sure about Bittrex but I have experience on Binance they manipulate themselves. General member are unable to buy Launchpad. What I expect big whales or Binance themselves accumulate most of token. We can see within few days what is going on. Expect Bittrex will not cheat their users. However I am wondering to try on Bittrex if they distribute fairly. And obviously I am not going to invest any ICO anymore. If found legitimate IEO perhaps I would like to invest small amount just for experience.
Activity: 266
Merit: 18
i disagree, in fact i say IEOs are even less safe than ICOs because exchanges are involved. they don't care about legitimacy of the projects they advertise, they may only do it at first but eventually they will end up promoting only those that pay them the most. and before you know it you will start seeing only big scams being promoted in these exchanges that can cause so much damage to the whole market.

Although I do not like IEO, I still have to recognize IEO as safer than ICO in terms of fraud and poor quality. Of course, here I only mention IEO of reputable large exchange platforms like Binance. But why do I think IEO will be difficult to maintain for a long time and it has disadvantages compared to ICO:

1. Lost the decentralized nature like ICO
ICO is created to allow everyone from small to large investors to participate, everyone can contribute, as long as you are valid with the rules set out. But the IEO is different, in order to be able to buy token from the IEO, you must follow a lot of principles from them and not everyone can buy it.

Example: According to the latest rules from Binance, to be able to join their IEO you must have BNB in the account, limit 20 days to the lottery draw date. The more BNB balances, the greater the opportunity to buy IEO tokens.

This suggests that everyone who wants to participate in Binance's IEO will be dependent on BNB. And the rule above, it seems that their IEO is only for big investors.

2. Inflation and dependence
What do you think when everyone wants to join Binance's IEO? They are forced to buy BNB and make its price inflated. Since then, the most benefited people from IEO are not investors but Binance, they have succeeded in pushing BNB prices. But IEO is like ICO, it does not guarantee 100% profit, it still causes losses like ICO, of course that Binance will not be responsible. From that point of view, the IEO is a game where the exchange platforms will be the most benefited people, investors will still suffer certain risks.

So I think the IEO will not be sustained for long or the IEO will have to improve more so as not to be too dependent on the exchange platform.

Learn more about Binace's IEO participation rules: https://www.binance.com/en/blog/316491046311071744/Update-to-the-Binance-Launchpad-Token-Sale-Format

Pages:
Jump to: