Pages:
Author

Topic: IEOS are no different from ICO tricks; just an upgrade - page 9. (Read 11713 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 6
that is exactly what i have been saying ever since ICO turned into STO and then into IEO and maybe in a little while they change the name into something different.

ALL of these things have a different name but do the exact same thing. a group of people ask you for money and give you a useless token in return. and they dump their own premined tokens and get out doing nothing more to the project they were advertising before.
whether it is run on an exchange or independently or has the name "security" in it makes no difference at all.

Yes this is the point everyone is failing to acknowledge or accept. Veriblock has concluded the sold out, and after a few bright side has successfully traded below ieo

Am keeping the projects on radar (incl BTT) to see if they will really complete the developments
Everyone just needs to continue to research and stay safe by trading smartly
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
the only difference i find between ico and ieo is that, ieos are thoroughly vetted by binance or bittrex, less chances of getting scammed. other than that they are same as ico. anyway i dont buy into these overhyped shits.
If you like it or not, these type of projects will be probably something bigger in future and many of them (better ones) is going to give very good ROI for investors.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Participating in IEO's is much safer compared to ICO's and the exchanges give their due diligence to these projects. The exchanges have already verified the developers and it passed the necessary requirements before it was accepted. It is safe to say that IEO's in Binance and other reputable exchanges are legit.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
I have no doubts after a few observation but ieos are just an upgrade how ?

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

So what’s the difference exactly ??

NB: just my thoughts ; feel free to modify, suggest and contribute
The main advantage of IEOs is a certainity that tokens will be listed on that exchange and also advertising which is done by exchange marketing.
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
To me the difference is great, IEOs pay lack of respect to project development, majority of the IEOs play into the hands of whales and do not encourage the participation of small time investors and lastly IEOs give room for more manipulation than the ICO mechanism.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
the only different just there is big name of exchange market that backup their project.
if project goes scam the name of that exchange will be bad too. so we should choose wisely which exchange that hold IEO
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
I am agree with OP, people's just buying IEO because of listing confirmation. Because if any exchange offering IEO that means they are going to listed it on their exchange. So users know that their money would be safe. Whoever bought token on IEO they has been sold on profit. Although I am not sure if someone were bought successfully. But those users bought after IEO, means when listed on exchange they are on huge loss. Because token price drop rapidly after IEO especially on Bittrex. So I had not bother ever to buy token after listed on exchange. I really don't want to lose my money.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106

The only reason why some IEO were successful in binance and kucion was because the projects are really great but then again price will still plunge when real investors gets in while tokens are readily available in the market. It does happen every time in ICO. I think this is just to cut the bounty hunters out. Right now there are still ICO while IEO also exits so both are still working.
IEO will make bounty hunter sad, good project prefer use their fund to list their projects in reputable exchanges such as binance or another exchanges.its more effective and make investors trust to their projects.
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

The only reason why some IEO were successful in binance and kucion was because the projects are really great but then again price will still plunge when real investors gets in while tokens are readily available in the market. It does happen every time in ICO. I think this is just to cut the bounty hunters out. Right now there are still ICO while IEO also exits so both are still working.
I think that bounty hunters have absolutely nothing to do with it. it's just another way of manipulating on the market and taking money from users.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
that is exactly what i have been saying ever since ICO turned into STO and then into IEO and maybe in a little while they change the name into something different.

ALL of these things have a different name but do the exact same thing. a group of people ask you for money and give you a useless token in return. and they dump their own premined tokens and get out doing nothing more to the project they were advertising before.
whether it is run on an exchange or independently or has the name "security" in it makes no difference at all.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

Ieos that successfully sold out on binance bittrex and kucoin, can they sold out on latoken? Or dobi trades  ?

Main focus is; in ieos hundreds get to participate , then after ieo is over; it leaves thousands of people eager to get in and be a part of the movement

This causes an upturn in price for few days; then the usual dip that follows ico token after listing takes place too

I have not followed these coins that just finished their crowdfunding in these exchange, but based on your post they are all still a pump and dump coins, but it's early to tell all coins in the market coming from crowdfunding are not performing well also, we'll see if the market shifted to bull run, if these coins are also going to do well.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

Activity: 636
Merit: 11
The differences are obvious in the outcome, in the sense that, IEOs give investors more confidence in the process of investment.
The exchanges hosting such IEOs are putting their reputations at stake and are making investors know that the investment is safe for them.
exchanges very aware if they launched IEO.if investors didn't get any profit from this even, their reputation could be staked.if this event failed and investors loss it could give negative effect to them.so they will not list project carelessly.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

The different is IEO has offering more security than most of unregulated ICO's that still victimized unsuspected investors including me, Theres is no question regarding how Cryptocurrency works, we all know that already and most investors know that after listing on exchange the price may down or up! that trend is doesnt matter anymore the important aspect why IEO's was trending thats because of the Security far from exits scam ICO's.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
Those project might not successfully get sold out on those exchanges that are not popular, that is why many projects that wishes to register as IEO makes use of exchanges that are well known as Binance, Binance started this project and they got the trust of investors based on their personality and based on the trust they have in them.

This IEO plan should have been left to them to handle since the issue we are having with ICO is that of trust and projects not being verified, ICO project are not being verified while IEO projects are being verified by top exchanges that has taken their time to do so. So the difference between both of them is that of TRUST and Security of investors.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
I think the exclusive difference between ico and ieos
Is that the risk factor will be conquered by the exchange platforms

But still, there’s no security for investment just as veriblock has traded below ieo price leaving some investors in panic
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
The differences are obvious in the outcome, in the sense that, IEOs give investors more confidence in the process of investment.
The exchanges hosting such IEOs are putting their reputations at stake and are making investors know that the investment is safe for them.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
Yeah, IEOs that successfully sold out only on big exchanges like Binance, bittrex and huobi. On the other hand, IEOs on small exchanges like latoken not selling well. In my opinion it's same like ICO but with help of big exchanges and it's effective though. The sell is sold out easily.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Of course, there is no difference. The product you are buying is the same.

But some difference is there like guaranteed listing and an exchange guarantee that says the project is legit.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Not sure about that when veriblock that has already sold in a few minutes is not getting a big hype and that was trade below the ico price after it listed on the bittrex. Basically how fast it's getting sold doesn't matter a lot in the price after it listed on exchange site.
Basically it depends on the project itself. If the project is a better one, it will be hyped, no matter when. But no trash will be hyped. However, veriblock seems to be a good one and I already have invested 0.10 BTC on it, although I'm in pure loss now.
Pages:
Jump to: