Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 75. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 100
September 11, 2017, 02:52:02 PM
I don't think Altcoins will die if Bitcoin dies. From the name itself, it is an alternative coin. So if bitcoin will be long gone, we can still use Altcoins. If bitcoin actually dies, then there's a great possibility that Altcoins will rise. Demands on Altcoins will surely increase. People will have no choice to use Altcoins.

If bitcoin die not that mean all altcoin will go , ok bitcoin all this time as sort of referral  other cryptocoin , there will come other coin replace bitcoin , let say maybe Ethereum.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
September 11, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
If Bitcoin dies due to a problem with bitcoin itself, other big coins like Ethereum or LTC will most likely continue. There are several exchanges who have base markets of those, and some people will shift to them. Of course, it would be a big down for altcoin market, and perhaps cryptocurrencies will always remain in the shadow and only used by a few if that thing happened.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 11, 2017, 02:44:38 PM
I think neither will die, because they are decentralized systems, with many nodes, and because internet is everywhere now.

Exactly, but considering this scenario hypothetically I don't think Altcoins are going to completely be dead should Bitcoin happen to die unless there is no internet in the world else whatsoever that killed Bitcoin will be corrected by new and emerging Altcoins.

Ya some what right. No one can replace the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of all altcoin. So if all the Altcoin die means,the bitcoin will be long lasting. If you have a idea to inverse in altcoin means,just inverse in bitcoin instead of other Altcoin. Why because, the king only give you very huge return.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
September 11, 2017, 02:22:00 PM
I think neither will die, because they are decentralized systems, with many nodes, and because internet is everywhere now.

They may not die, but they can become close to worthless. Look at the crypto-currencies such as Quark, Freicoin, Terracoin, and Labcoin now. They are almost worthless right now.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
September 11, 2017, 02:10:25 PM

Exactly, but considering this scenario hypothetically I don't think Altcoins are going to completely be dead should Bitcoin happen to die unless there is no internet in the world else whatsoever that killed Bitcoin will be corrected by new and emerging Altcoins.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 11, 2017, 11:26:12 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
September 11, 2017, 06:27:27 AM
I think if bitcoin dies there will be a popular altcoin like bitcoin that will replace bitcoin, because I think all developers from altcoin will try to keep their coins to exist in crypto world, so I think for the next 3 years this will not happen because bitcoin still the best in crypto currency.  Grin
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 11, 2017, 06:17:23 AM
it all depends on where bitcoin can die, if bitcoin dies maybe for bad reason maybe altcoin will also die.
but for now it seems very impossible if bitcoin to death, because currently bitcoin is still a favorite coin that will certainly continue to life.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
September 11, 2017, 06:03:07 AM
Not in this century I think..
Bitcoin just started a cryptocurrency and maybe become mainstream..
Activity: 182
They say a thin line separates genius and madness.
September 11, 2017, 06:00:25 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
well i think it depends how how will  it end up. for example if bitcoin dies to un avoidable reason (maybe just maybe) age or tremendous loss of value. I think altcoins will still be there, but if bitcoin suddenly dies because of fraud, stealing of funds, international level of crime involving it. then people will have trust issues regarding crypto currencies that will surely affect the alcoints.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
September 11, 2017, 05:53:51 AM
Honestly, I don't think so. Bitcoin is the pioneer yet it doesn't mean that a lot of people will just settle for bitcoin , Alt coins are Alternative therefore, we cannot conclude what will happen in the future, as of now the death of a certain coin is unpredictable, Still bitcoin has a strong support from the community. Death is far away from Bitcoin's progress, we should be hopeful.

What ever happens to bitcoin happens in all altcoins, bitcoin is the fundamental of all of them and the falling down of it might destroy their demand because investors will think that all of them might fail. Only investors decide for them if the investors deny them then there is no reason for it to still exist.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
September 11, 2017, 04:00:39 AM
Honestly, I don't think so. Bitcoin is the pioneer yet it doesn't mean that a lot of people will just settle for bitcoin , Alt coins are Alternative therefore, we cannot conclude what will happen in the future, as of now the death of a certain coin is unpredictable, Still bitcoin has a strong support from the community. Death is far away from Bitcoin's progress, we should be hopeful.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 11, 2017, 03:08:33 AM
I mean Bitcoin is like a parental spieces and altcoins are like kids, but you know - sometimes, kids can devour their parents. You will never know, what can bring us future in the cryptocurrency sector.
Activity: 504
September 11, 2017, 03:03:14 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

I think it's possible, although there are a lot of good alternatives in the market, but bitcoin is the first one and almost all altcoins depend on Bitcoin for it's value, the majority of altcoins will be useless once Bitcoin dies.
If Bitcoin will die in someday, it needs have a reason for make that future become the truth. Honestly, that reason will make the cryptocurrency world die too. I cannot imagine some reasons make Bitcoin dies, only have goverment ban all cryptocurrency and do not accept crypto world.

I agree, that if bitcoin die then altcoin will also die. we know bitcoin is the parent in cryptocurrency, all prefer the bitcoin to it and any exchange.
Activity: 477
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
September 11, 2017, 02:26:33 AM

I think it's possible, although there are a lot of good alternatives in the market, but bitcoin is the first one and almost all altcoins depend on Bitcoin for it's value, the majority of altcoins will be useless once Bitcoin dies.
If Bitcoin will die in someday, it needs have a reason for make that future become the truth. Honestly, that reason will make the cryptocurrency world die too. I cannot imagine some reasons make Bitcoin dies, only have goverment ban all cryptocurrency and do not accept crypto world.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
September 11, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

The blockchain will exist in some form, either Bitcoin or another altcoin. Hard to believe Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin will fade to obscurity.
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
September 11, 2017, 12:17:50 AM
I don't think Altcoins will die if Bitcoin dies. From the name itself, it is an alternative coin. So if bitcoin will be long gone, we can still use Altcoins. If bitcoin actually dies, then there's a great possibility that Altcoins will rise. Demands on Altcoins will surely increase. People will have no choice to use Altcoins.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
September 10, 2017, 11:11:48 PM

Truly said about bitcoin and altcoin relation. Altcoin can never withstand in the crypto world without bitcoin in place because of the trades that are done are against the bitcoin /altcoin pair. Rarely people go for direct USD or other local currency as it is not worth it. The future would be dark unless and until there is no other coin which takes the place of bitcoin. I'm thinking or in true sense I fear that bitcoin cash can be the one taking the place of king and ruling the crypto world if by any chance bitcoin vanishes. Though it is altcoin but not to forget that it has more advantages over the other and it is result of bitcoin split too. If this coin wouldn't have been there then altcoin could have seen dark ages or few of them might have risen like great investment. Anything can happen and that's the crypto world, very uncertain.
Activity: 364
September 10, 2017, 06:03:55 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Thank you for your answers.
I also think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin. how do you think about that?
I also think that if bitcoin dies for reasons unrelated to the vulnerability of this crypto currency, then the place of the leader of the crypto currency will take the etherium rightfully. This is a reliable and promising coin.
Activity: 434
September 10, 2017, 06:00:02 PM
The greatest danger to the BTC could be a general ban on governments for cryptanions and exchanges. The technology of block chains will not die. The governments themselves could therefore come up with the idea to invent their own digital currency. This would give them what they want, centralization and control.
I think it will be too bad, and bitcoin will lose a lot of his advantages by this control of government. I didn't like this idea, because it affect negatively in bitcoin and also in the price too, bitcoin like now is better than it will be controlled.
Anyways, If one day bitcoin will die, i don't think that other altcoins will die too. I think it will be a new cryptocurrency take the place of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: