Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 78. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
September 09, 2017, 10:08:30 AM
The only scenario where this could happen is if Bitcoin dies out after all the blocks are mined. At that point, the fees will become so high that it will not be feasible to carry out micropayments. Then, a coin like Ethereum has the potential of taking up the leftovers and reigning supreme. Overall, the fall of Bitcoin will indirectly effect the price of all altcoins negatively.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
September 09, 2017, 10:08:13 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
Bitcoin wont die because its market capital is so damn huge and countries will not take a risk like that just because its decentralized,if they shut bitcoin down ,then crypto-currencies and all decentralized will go down and that is not going to happen now for sure. I guess this is what you mean by bitcoin die meaning non-usable ,if you mean something else like bitcoin disappearing out of nowhere then you or I dont have to worry about it.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 09:55:16 AM
I think depend on what happen on btc, but sure altcoin get impact from this
maybe all price will collapsed and much coin died too
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
September 09, 2017, 09:47:27 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
Maybe because altcoin will doesnt have sense if bitcoin dies. People cant used it to convert into fiat. Altcoin was connected to bitcoin and yes almost all altcoin exchanges to become bitcoin so that it will have worth and become useful to anyone who have it. But I think bitcoin would not die. As far as I see right now in bitcoin was its in a good condition where everything was going fine so we dont need to worry it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
September 09, 2017, 09:45:43 AM
actually I think it is impossible, very impossible bitcoin can die, but if it happens then that will replace bitcoin is atlcoin in the second rank that could be ETH
I really agree with you.
Many ICO Project use the ETH network I think one day ETH will replace Bitcoin.
Many ico projects use the ethereum platform, for which we cannot say that bitcoin will get replaced by altcoins. As bitcoin serves as an alternate solution to the conventional currency altcoins too will serve as an alternative for the bitcoin. Bitcoin getting replaced by altcoins never gonna happen, that to either Eth I don't think it happens.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
September 09, 2017, 09:38:36 AM
I think not, bitcoin dies out of competition with altcoin, from thousands of altcoins I'm sure someday someone can beat bitcoin. what are the deficiencies and weaknesses of bitcoin can be utilized altcoin to be the best.
We can't really say that bitcoin would still on top among other cryrptocurrencies in the future, but it's hardly to say that bitcoin will dies. I'f ever it happens, it could be a big chance for potential altcoins to replace bitcoin as most digital currency being used.
Bitcoin is a great invented digital currency and it could stand firm and strong, even though a major change in crypro world, bitcoin would be still on top among others.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2017, 09:31:15 AM
If Bitcoin dir, which is pretty impossible to happen in my opinion, altcoins can survive because they are independants from Bitcoin despite the main similar features between all the crypto currencies.
But also if Bitcoin die or going down it will affect altcoins in several ways. Firstly their prices will decrease quickly, and then less people will be interested about this currencies or trading them
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 09:19:45 AM
I don't think Bitcoin will die, but even if it would, i don't think it would cause the death of altcoins. In this case, some altcoins would take the place of BTC IMO. But i'm not an expert and my theory includes a fair amount of wishful thinking.Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 105
September 09, 2017, 09:09:57 AM
It is likely that some altcoyin will occupy the niche of bitcoin, then it can be painless to depreciate and disappear, but now everything is tied to bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 09, 2017, 08:53:55 AM
actually I think it is impossible, very impossible bitcoin can die, but if it happens then that will replace bitcoin is atlcoin in the second rank that could be ETH
I really agree with you.
Many ICO Project use the ETH network I think one day ETH will replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 08:44:49 AM
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
September 09, 2017, 07:44:08 AM
Altcoin related to bitcoin But its not mean that .Bitcoin is now most popular and highly coin in cryptopia currency.If Bitcoin want to die they dont do this.Now Bitcoin use may ways Many prople invest and hold this coin.First they paid there money people.I think its not happen.So its possible to bitcoin die
If bitcoin dies i think altcoin was going to die too all altcoin is only depending on the value of and life of bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the mother of coin in crypto currency but this is only small possiblity to happen.
Activity: 308
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
September 09, 2017, 07:38:16 AM

Probably yes, some alt coins are depending on bitcoin for what i can see. Hoping ETH could makes its way like BTC does today.
Activity: 173
September 09, 2017, 06:49:42 AM
If bitcoin dies due to the fact that all users will start using more crypto currency, then altcoin can stay alive. Here everything depends on how people actively use crypto currency.
bs9
Activity: 154
September 09, 2017, 06:44:06 AM
Altcoin related to bitcoin But its not mean that .Bitcoin is now most popular and highly coin in cryptopia currency.If Bitcoin want to die they dont do this.Now Bitcoin use may ways Many prople invest and hold this coin.First they paid there money people.I think its not happen.So its possible to bitcoin die
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
September 09, 2017, 06:41:42 AM
I don't think so. In my own opinion, altcoins are independent to one another. If one dies, I don't think the others will follow. Remember, altcoins have currency values (not only crpyto). Let's take this situation: litecoin has a value today of around the value of 0.016 BTC. Since litecoin is an independent crypto, you can still use litecoin even if bitcoin will be gone. You can still convert it to ethereum, dogecoin, etc. but not to bitcoin anymore since bitcoin is gone. This means that you can still use litecoins and cash it out into USD.
Activity: 840
Merit: 375
September 09, 2017, 06:39:42 AM
I don't think that if bitcoin die,other coins die.They are independant from each other but that doesn't mean that the death of bitcoin won't affect them at all.
They will probably get a hard kick in price and pionners coin might die as well.

That's only my thought how ever I don't think bitcoin will die anyways.
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
September 09, 2017, 06:39:00 AM

I think it does not necessary follow. But if bitcoin dies, that means there is a serious problem with the rest of the cryptocurrency system because Bitcoin is on the top. That might mean the backlash of big supporters behind crypto. But who knows, another coin will save the crypto world and effectively replace bitcoin. Anyway, these are all pure speculation. No sight for any probability for this.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 06:36:35 AM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

I really believe that Bitcoin as a major and leading cryptocurrency has brought about others; altcoins. Same as saying Bitcoin is cryptocurrency and if anything at all happens to Bitcoin, there will also be an impact on d altcoins. So, d death of bitcoin is like death of cryptocurrency and d altcoins.
Activity: 238
September 09, 2017, 06:33:52 AM
If bitcoin dies after government bans, that means they can ban any altcoin if they want
Pages:
Jump to: