Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream - page 2. (Read 29017 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
July 03, 2016, 03:13:26 AM

Clearly, most regulators haven't realized how bitcoin can indeed became a threat to financial stability.

A bitcoin news site published this :
Powerful U.S. Regulator Sees Bitcoin as a Possible "Threat" to Financial Stability - CCN: Financial Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency News

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/us-regulator-bitcoin-financial-stability/

The study by the regulator can be read here:

https://www.treasury.gov/initiatives/fsoc/studies-reports/Documents/FSOC 2016 Annual Report.pdf

However, its comments on bitcoin are very limited (see p. 127) and clearly doesn't address the main issues. Probably, because, currently, they are no issues.

When the bitcoin becomes main stream payment method and a currency, it is easier for the business to plan ahead as the supply is already known.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
June 25, 2016, 08:29:54 AM

Clearly, most regulators haven't realized how bitcoin can indeed became a threat to financial stability.

A bitcoin news site published this :
Powerful U.S. Regulator Sees Bitcoin as a Possible "Threat" to Financial Stability - CCN: Financial Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency News

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/us-regulator-bitcoin-financial-stability/

The study by the regulator can be read here:

https://www.treasury.gov/initiatives/fsoc/studies-reports/Documents/FSOC 2016 Annual Report.pdf

However, its comments on bitcoin are very limited (see p. 127) and clearly doesn't address the main issues. Probably, because, currently, they are no issues.
Activity: 294
June 19, 2016, 02:29:32 AM
I think bitcoin will go mainstream, it's just a matter of time until it does. The current fiat monetary system will not sustain at all and once the fiat system collapses, either gold or bitcoin will take its place.

Probably both though in my opinion.
Activity: 266
June 18, 2016, 06:05:02 PM
Bitcoin is perhaps still like a little child that learns and adapts to the world around them.If you look in this point of view It will take a considerable time to grow up and become a serious player.On the way there are many obstacles and traps, so it is difficult to predict whether BTC ever go to mainstraem.Like most people here I hope BTC going to succeed Smiley
But this can happen almost over night like Bitcoin already succeeded to become very popular investment for many people. I expect many astonishing news and adoptions, but this will bring and regulations and more control.
But after all this is great ride already!
If Bicoin goes mainstream that means that it has become very popular and that most people know what it is and make use of it. I am not sure if Bitcoin is ever going to be on that level.

Bitcoins potential itself will make it as a mainstream payment method very soon and in future as well. Many financial experts and speculation have already agreed that.
are you serious?you have been asked about bitcoin toyour financial and speculation expert?its never hear by me before,its a good news if they agree that bitcoin have good potential,its why i believe that bitcoin will mainstream soon,and use by many peoples.
I think for now its impossible right now to think that bitcoin will be mainstream. bitcoin still have many weaknesses.. so its impossible for now that it will happen. and where do you get the information that financial and speculation experts are agreed about mainstream?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
June 18, 2016, 05:48:10 PM
In my opinion, by the time bitcoin has the chance to go nativism, it will have seriously devaluated when a better altcoin comes out. There will always be something better.
Activity: 294
June 18, 2016, 05:45:17 PM
Bitcoin is perhaps still like a little child that learns and adapts to the world around them.If you look in this point of view It will take a considerable time to grow up and become a serious player.On the way there are many obstacles and traps, so it is difficult to predict whether BTC ever go to mainstraem.Like most people here I hope BTC going to succeed Smiley
But this can happen almost over night like Bitcoin already succeeded to become very popular investment for many people. I expect many astonishing news and adoptions, but this will bring and regulations and more control.
If Bicoin goes mainstream that means that it has become very popular and that most people know what it is and make use of it. I am not sure if Bitcoin is ever going to be on that level.

Bitcoins potential itself will make it as a mainstream payment method very soon and in future as well. Many financial experts and speculation have already agreed that.
are you serious?you have been asked about bitcoin toyour financial and speculation expert?its never hear by me before,its a good news if they agree that bitcoin have good potential,its why i believe that bitcoin will mainstream soon,and use by many peoples.
Activity: 344
June 18, 2016, 05:01:51 PM

If the potential is reach i am certain banks will start to collapse very fast. Their cost are tremendous and if they can't earn from innocent customers they will go bankrupt in no time.
Let's hope it comes to that.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
June 18, 2016, 04:09:54 PM
Bitcoin has been around for 7 years. the numbers of its users, and retailers accepting it, has been increasing, but at a small pace. Especially, the number of users.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/535221/is-bitcoin-stalling/

Comparisons with the beginning of the Internet aren't justified. The Internet had increases in user numbers at much more faster rate.

Only huge price increases will change this panorama, by attracting investors/buyers.

Halving might do that. Not just this one, but the halvings to come.

I doubt that crisis will be enough to propel bitcoin significantly. We don't see big increases on users from Venezuela (180% of inflation) or Argentina (25% of inflation). People prefer to buy hard currency or gold.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
June 14, 2016, 05:29:05 AM

Activity: 322
June 14, 2016, 05:21:43 AM
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
June 02, 2016, 08:40:18 AM
I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.
I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
I think that not to many are going to use Bitcoin so it is not going to be mainstream. Not everything can be mainstream and Bitcoin is one of them, Bitcoin is something that peolpe would try to bother with.

eventually this will change.
it only needs some more time to get to that point. we are still in the early stages. bitcoin is a new technology so it will take time so that people adopt it.
Activity: 350
June 02, 2016, 04:54:38 AM
I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.
I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
I think that not to many are going to use Bitcoin so it is not going to be mainstream. Not everything can be mainstream and Bitcoin is one of them, Bitcoin is something that peolpe would try to bother with.
Activity: 490
June 02, 2016, 01:54:41 AM
Someone goes to a bank, 'borrows' money (money the bank never had in the first place), and the bank expects them to pay it back with interest. So not only do they just create money, they also create interest on the money that never existed. This is stealing value not only from the one who borrowed the money, but from everyone in the world.

In a system where bitcoin or gold/silver is the only currency or at least the major currency, you either mine gold/silver/bitcoin or you provide goods or services to someone who has gold/silver/bitcoin. So scams like the banks are much harder or even almost impossible to pull of (unless we introduce fractional reserve, but that's just a matter of stupidity and not a flaw of bitcoin).
June 01, 2016, 04:03:24 AM
I think bitcoin is never goes mainstream. I mean, what is the mainstream affect to bitcoin ? If the bitcoin's price still high when bitcoin goes mainstream, i'm okay with that.

When the bitcoin goes to the main stream, the price will be very high. I think it will be thousands of times higher.
Activity: 420
May 31, 2016, 06:24:33 AM
I think bitcoin is never goes mainstream. I mean, what is the mainstream affect to bitcoin ? If the bitcoin's price still high when bitcoin goes mainstream, i'm okay with that.
Activity: 714
May 31, 2016, 05:55:39 AM

I think that it is never going to happen because Bitcoin is easily something that people do not want to make use of in there live because they think it is boring or something.
Activity: 465
May 31, 2016, 04:52:54 AM
If Bitcoin ever goes mainstream that means that Bitcoin has evolved to something bigger and better. Going mainstream means that most of the people make use of it like websites like Youtube and Google.
May 31, 2016, 04:26:48 AM

I believe Bitcoin's mass adoption will occur, will look much different than we think it will, and will probably piss a lot of early adopters/hodlers off.

The mass adoption is happening now. For me, I use the bitcoin to buy something on line whenever possible.
Activity: 404
Merit: 100
May 30, 2016, 04:59:10 AM

I believe Bitcoin's mass adoption will occur, will look much different than we think it will, and will probably piss a lot of early adopters/hodlers off.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 30, 2016, 04:52:22 AM
Bitcoin will go mainstream one dayz simply cause bitcoin offer old things in new way. We can gamble and send money abroad very easily.
Bitcoin have couple advantage's and that will make btc mainstream one day, but I'm wondering about that coin limit and you know what? Alt coins will fill that, there is couple capable for that.

I think couple good coins and situation is solved. Just will alt coins follow progress that bitcoin can make?
Pages:
Jump to: