Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream - page 3. (Read 29017 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
May 30, 2016, 04:38:01 AM
I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.
why?tell me rational reason why it gonna happen?i think bitcoiin halving just one of many bitcoin project bitcoin future,its will make bitcoin better and have gain popularity with better price.its just what i think.
As per my understanding, the block reward halving, will make bitcoin more popular due to the supply reduction with same (initially) demand. In other words we can assume halving will be biggest promotion for bitcoin ecosystem. So, this promotion may take and land into even mainstream of adoptions too.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
May 30, 2016, 03:24:48 AM
I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.
why?tell me rational reason why it gonna happen?i think bitcoiin halving just one of many bitcoin project bitcoin future,its will make bitcoin better and have gain popularity with better price.its just what i think.

The block size increase will make transactions more smooth, so more people and business will use it.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
= jasad =
May 26, 2016, 01:11:21 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 509
May 26, 2016, 10:00:01 AM

I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
yes most people were looking for the benefits of halving, and they are very optimistic that halving can make the price increases, so a lot of people who buy and hold before halving occurs.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
May 26, 2016, 09:49:29 AM
The real problem is deep in the architecture:  it is not designed to handle the huge volume of transactions implied by "main stream".  That stream is like a mighty river which cannot be handled by a water system designed for a small town.

... um, since you mention architecture, actually it is more like a massive aqueduct used for moving water from one city to the next that only has a trickle of the best mountain water running along it that the engineers are using to test (and drink from themselves Smiley ) and none of the small towns, villages, houses or shops have connected their small pipes to it yet.
Activity: 406
May 26, 2016, 09:42:12 AM

I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
It would of course be a god thing if Bitcoin was going mainstream but In know that that is not going to happen.
For it to go mainstream means that it has to be on the level of google and youtube.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 26, 2016, 08:59:31 AM
I would say it's already gone mainstream.   

Of course there's huge room for more adoption, and it's not as mainstream as say people having a debit card or phone in their pocket.

I'm excited about the future of bitcoin and or cryptocurrencies.

Exactly, more and more people are involving themselves in digital world and in digital currency too, and I think bitcoin has already hit the mainstream, now its time to wait n watch what future holds.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
May 26, 2016, 08:57:38 AM
The real problem is deep in the architecture:  it is not designed to handle the huge volume of transactions implied by "main stream".  That stream is like a mighty river which cannot be handled by a water system designed for a small town.
Architecture and network capacity is one problem. But it is fixable one. There are ways to make bitcoin more efficient by upgrading code.
There are things we can't change however - I am talking for example about fear of Satoshi's Stashed Coins, many people belive that this is the main reason bitcoin can't be serious investnemt.
As there is always chance of market crashing at the first sign of Satoshi's coin being moved.
Activity: 310
Merit: 101
May 26, 2016, 08:52:04 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 26, 2016, 08:46:08 AM
I would say it's already gone mainstream.   

Of course there's huge room for more adoption, and it's not as mainstream as say people having a debit card or phone in their pocket.

I'm excited about the future of bitcoin and or cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
May 26, 2016, 05:09:03 AM

Everything in life takes time. You can't expect from a fairly new technology where some people may have heard of but totally don't know what it exactly is, that it will get adopted directly.
Activity: 322
May 26, 2016, 04:39:10 AM

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
May 26, 2016, 04:23:36 AM

How much easier will it get?
Activity: 252
May 26, 2016, 04:12:40 AM

Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
May 25, 2016, 05:12:10 PM
You should rename your thread:

When bitcoin goes mainstream...

or maybe you don't believe enough???

Well it is about expectation and reality. We all hope it gets mainstream but what is mainstream. More users then paypal, more then creditcards? To some bitcoin is already mainstream with this much of participation. To some it will never be enough.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
May 25, 2016, 05:03:43 PM
You should rename your thread:

When bitcoin goes mainstream...

or maybe you don't believe enough???
Activity: 938
May 25, 2016, 02:26:27 PM
Bitcoin has full potential to get on mainstream in future but not sure when it can really get but it can never affect fiat or banking system as a whole.

Exactly quoted the reality about the mainstream factor. It has got the potential to grow high and get big acceptance among users but this growth won't affect banking or other systems.

Yeah it can never replace any traditional systems, no doubt it will reach to higher level in future but we cannot neglect the fact that fiat and banks will always on top.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
May 25, 2016, 02:11:27 PM
Bitcoin has full potential to get on mainstream in future but not sure when it can really get but it can never affect fiat or banking system as a whole.

Exactly quoted the reality about the mainstream factor. It has got the potential to grow high and get big acceptance among users but this growth won't affect banking or other systems.
Activity: 910
May 25, 2016, 01:26:32 PM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
May 25, 2016, 12:27:23 PM
If Bitcoin ever goes mainstream that is of course a good thing because that means that the majority of the people is making use of Bitcoin. But I do not think that it is ever going to happen, Bitcoin is something that people will no use without a reason.

Agreed, its difficult to see that bitcoin ever gets on mainstream, as its not popular yet, there are many countries who are still not aware about it, seems to be difficult.

it is not difficult it only needs time so it is possible to get there. and as of today we can see this adoption already and i believe it goes hand in hand with bitcoin going mainstream as they both contribute to each other on this matter to move bitcoin forward.
Pages:
Jump to: