Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house? - page 90. (Read 133923 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It would be a cool story to tell people, that you bought your house with bitcoin you bought 5 years ago or something
yeah its very cool. I'm sure if someone asks about the price of the house, you can answer, I buy with 10 BTC, Cheesy it's really cool.
he may also be interested in bitcoin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have a friend who sold 700 BTC when the value for one was somewhere around 3$. He's punching his head right now but it's too late.
Invest in land or a house - you'll never be sorry.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Who cares if you buy yourself a house when the price goes moon. No one cares.

By the time the price is reaching some serious highs you have already sold all your coins.

Majority of people sold coins when the big jump happened but some lucky people hold their coins and later buy big mansions, luxury cars and their lives changed. I think holding is still the best investment.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Who cares if you buy yourself a house when the price goes moon. No one cares.

By the time the price is reaching some serious highs you have already sold all your coins.
Activity: 434
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Probably will buy some into miners and have it installed in sweden or somewhere mining is cheap. This is so I can still have passive income in bitcoins and not eventually lose them all in spending.
Activity: 700
I would definitely do that. I live in an apartment and I am saving up to buy a house.
Activity: 378
A house is always a good investment. Keep or sell it later - you'll never make a mistake by buying one.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Buy a luxury trailer instead, it's mobile, and it costs less to maintain.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
of course you should if the bitcoin will make someone a millionaire i think it would be worth spending a lot of money to celebrate such a great happening

A millionare.. no but bitcoin can help you to rise your ssets.
However don't count on it. Just take part of this great innovation... in the end it's what bitcoin is all about...
Activity: 406
of course you should if the bitcoin will make someone a millionaire i think it would be worth spending a lot of money to celebrate such a great happening
Activity: 518
If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.
if you need to buy a house,why not? It all depends on you, but the first you need convert to fiat and this will take a time except the seller accept bitcoin.
Activity: 672
At first you can do what you like with your money. But I think you should wait first.
You have to sell at the right time and you Bitcoin exchange. you'll make the most of.
Activity: 616
Its what you find very high its of course possible and also very nice if it is possible. you need a lot of bitcoin for it. Maybe its possible soon but I think it will take a while for the bitcoin will even raise. I hope we all make some profit at the end.
legendary
Activity: 1112
It would be a cool story to tell people, that you bought your house with bitcoin you bought 5 years ago or something

it has been done in the past, nothing new: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/09/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home

I always thought it was funny that people here will go to great lengths to convince other people that Bitcoin is such a good idea (banking under your own control, instant access, a hedge against currency risk, a safe haven from bank crises, low transaction fees, open source, blockchain, scarcity and declining inflation, ...) and the first thing they do once the price goes up is sell out and buy a liability like an expensive house with it... (note that Kristoffer only cashed out one fifth of his stash)

Kind of like those religious evangelists that preach one thing and do the opposite.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
It is not a bad idea for going to buy a house if Bitcoin goes very high, the time will come soon when you can buy everything in your daily life just like what you are doing with fiat currency, and one more benefit will be that in the coming future you can do everything buying and selling Online, so bitcoin will play a big role in  Online Shopping. Same their will be Real Estate Agents who will start using Bitcoins as payment for Properties.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

I don't regularly see anyone selling real estate properties being sold for bitcoin. I just saw it here in bitcointalk.
I you have experienced buying a real estate property, you should see that transactions like this, I suppose the owner of the property gets to pay all the fees for the atty, the broker and the escrow for the legal papers.
Activity: 434
I think it's a good idea to buy a house when the bitcoin goes up very high. So i sell all my bitcoin when the price increase very high and buy a house for that. it's more safe though, because someday the bitcoin price will go down.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Maybe it's a good idea for Real Estate Brokers to make Bitcoins as a option to pay not for the entire amount for the house but maybe for the down payment for buying a new house like the usual in my country which is 20%. Then the rest can be paid in Fiat.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

hımmm 80-90 % is a good rate .. whenever you catch up these rates, you should buy your house without mortgage...  good luck already Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: