Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 72. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 100
I think bitcoin in the future time, will come more and more popular and i think we can use it for all
Now we can pay a lot of service than in the past, in the future i think we can pay all, like electricity and others Smiley
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
Certainly not, this is because people will not be interested in trading and have no hope of getting profit in the future. Stable prices will be lost by inflation so everyone will go left bitcoin.
Oow…no, no, no. I don’t think that should happen anytime soon. That will be a spoiler, and will make lots and lots of people leave the platform.

As of now, I’m even seeing some of my friends quitting because there are no more options for them.to earn Bitcoin. Cloud mining is no more a good option ,so some of them changing their mind. Think of it when it then becomes stable, you will see lot of people leave immediately.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I think it wont be as popular as now it is because most attractive part of bitcoin is its price going up and down. If it has stable price then most people will lose the attraction from bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Bitcoin price to dramatically rise and drop of is why this coin get more interest and popular. It attracts investors and traders. If bitcoin price stable for long time like 2 years, i think it would end up bad.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Why not?

Eventually the price of Bitcoin will be as stable, if not more stable than any other market. The reason it is so volatile now is because of the low market cap and the fact any person can effect the price (although at this point you would need to be a multi-billionaire to do so), but still any large corporation could affect the price and this is why we see such large rises and crashes. Actually, it is quite surprising that Bitcoin is as stable as it is given that the market cap is only in the $70,000,000,000 range... that is less than a few people's individual net worths!
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Certainly not, this is because people will not be interested in trading and have no hope of getting profit in the future. Stable prices will be lost by inflation so everyone will go left bitcoin.
And because of that we will never gonna see a stable price of bitcoin, it cannot be controlled by one individual only unlike in fiat where it's controlled by the government. Here, the price move regardless of the reason, whether it's a pure news or just a hype, people love to speculate in the crypto community and you have to play their game to stay profitable.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I guess not. What attracted many traders is this volatility on steroids, totally unpredictable, which basically can make you huge amounts of money in a just a day - but can also do the inverse, but do not tell !
Activity: 49
if btc stable price i think surely not popular like now but still exist as payment transaction
big magnet from btc is investment profitable for short n long term *for now hehe  Grin
so if there stable n there's other thing way to make some money like btc this time, what you gonna do? surely move to other thing that's human basic habit haha
Activity: 124
I think that the large and rapid growth in the price of bitcoin is due precisely to its popularity. When people stop buying bitcoin so actively then the price will stabilize. Price and excitement are mutually conditioned.

The unstable price of bitcoin would be when the volatility of bitcoin decreases. The volatility is not decreasing actually. Then it's not realistic to ask this question to me.
Activity: 56
bitcoin is loved by many for the fact that its censuses are very dynamic.  Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
I think that the large and rapid growth in the price of bitcoin is due precisely to its popularity. When people stop buying bitcoin so actively then the price will stabilize. Price and excitement are mutually conditioned.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Bitcoin will be more popular if the price is stable. More will choose bitcoin as an investment.
Because bitcoin is a digital currency that is very easy to use.
I dont think so that bitcoin would be still popular when it comes to investment because we do know we are earning profits when the price isnt stable which we can see as of now. Bitcoin would remain volatile and it cant really be chance since theres always a tug of war between sellers and buyers or between demand and supply. It might be a good thing for those merchants who would accept bitcoin because they know price wont really move anymore.
I agree with you, Bitcoin is an ideal investment and bring the most profit now because the instability of prices, so if the price of bitcoin becomes stable, we will not make profits, that also means we will need to look for new investments. Really want the price of bitcoin stable is not possible, whales will never let that happen, they will always find ways to create instability to make more money with bitcoin.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
Bitcoin will be more popular if the price is stable. More will choose bitcoin as an investment.
I dont think so that bitcoin would be still popular when it comes to investment because we do know we are earning profits when the price isnt stable which we can see as of now. Bitcoin would remain volatile and it cant really be chance since theres always a tug of war between sellers and buyers or between demand and supply. It might be a good thing for those merchants who would accept bitcoin because they know price wont really move anymore.
Activity: 369
Merit: 252
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
If it gets stable, I think the big guys in investing will  get more interested in bitcoins. People often are afraid of losing their investments if bitcoin's value decrease or burst. So this would indeed increase it's popularity.

This is not true. You and I should know that the excitement with Bitcoin is the price fluctuations. It isn't really because of the beauty of the designed symbol. If it came to that there are many coins finer in design than Bitcoin. Market volatility is what gives traders the profit they seek or the loss they acquire. Look at dogecoin and other stable coins and check what the trade volume and market caps are. Most people don't get interested in stable coins
in fact we are currently using bitcoin for investment therefore we cannot think about that the price of bitcoin should be stable but I think in future when people will start using bitcoin as currency then it will be more important that bitcoin should have a very stable price so that people can use it without any reluctant and worry.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
If it gets stable, I think the big guys in investing will  get more interested in bitcoins. People often are afraid of losing their investments if bitcoin's value decrease or burst. So this would indeed increase it's popularity.

This is not true. You and I should know that the excitement with Bitcoin is the price fluctuations. It isn't really because of the beauty of the designed symbol. If it came to that there are many coins finer in design than Bitcoin. Market volatility is what gives traders the profit they seek or the loss they acquire. Look at dogecoin and other stable coins and check what the trade volume and market caps are. Most people don't get interested in stable coins
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
No, bitcoin with a stable price will not be so popular. It is mainly used only because of the opportunity to earn money at a rapid price increase, and without it, the interest of most investors will lose interest.
I disagree with you. Even if the price of bitcoin will be stable it will not reduce people's interest in the earnings of the currency. Can indeed reduce the interest of speculators, but I think that currency will become stronger.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
No, bitcoin with a stable price will not be so popular. It is mainly used only because of the opportunity to earn money at a rapid price increase, and without it, the interest of most investors will lose interest.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If it gets stable, I think the big guys in investing will  get more interested in bitcoins. People often are afraid of losing their investments if bitcoin's value decrease or burst. So this would indeed increase it's popularity.
Pages:
Jump to: