Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 69. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251
I think the stable price will not get more popularity than unstable price. it is not like the conventional money that is why the stable price will not suit with it. it has become popular around the world due to its increasing rate of price. if this price value would not increase then this popularity would not have been established as like today. so the stable price will not encourage the people to join this platform.
The fact is that it is an unstable price that gives popularity to bitcoins among traders and this gives an opportunity for a good profit on the difference in the price of Bitcoin. But if we hope for the popularity of Bitcoin Among the whole society, then every person on Earth will be satisfied only because the currency has a certain stability.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
I think the stable price will not get more popularity than unstable price. it is not like the conventional money that is why the stable price will not suit with it. it has become popular around the world due to its increasing rate of price. if this price value would not increase then this popularity would not have been established as like today. so the stable price will not encourage the people to join this platform.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I believe that the stable price of bitcoin will not bring him such popularity as now. It will simply be a conventional e-currency and investors will throw it back into more valuable assets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
The price of bitcoin is unstable, but it is only for a short period of time. If you look over a month or a year the price of bitcoin is constantly growing. This means that there is no cause for concern. People want bitcoin is growing every day, but it never happens.

No man. The price of bitcoin is not unstable for a short period of time, but it has been unstable since it was created. Of course it has always been growing in long term, but it is fluctuating all the time. Sometimes it goes high, sometimes it comes down, and that is how it has reached here. I don't think bitcoin could get such a big user base if its price was stable at some moment in past. It reached here because of its fluctuating nature, and it will go higher because of this too.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
The price of bitcoin is unstable, but it is only for a short period of time. If you look over a month or a year the price of bitcoin is constantly growing. This means that there is no cause for concern. People want bitcoin is growing every day, but it never happens.
Activity: 364
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
But as time goes by bitcoin become popular to people because of its amazing price. As I can observe bitcoin is not very familiar to everyone because the price before us not really an amazing but if you notice people is now knowing the bitcoin because of its high price now. So I think one factor that bitcoin become popular is its price.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
It's very hard to achieve Bitcoin to be stable. I don't know if that would affect its popularity but it would affect the status on the financial market. But then the whole story with Bitcoin would go in some other way, not necessary better then it is now.
Let's just get ourselves used to it, the price is never stable as it's volatile but look more on the entire progress, the price now is bigger
compared to the past and that means if you are still holding until now, you make a good amount of profit already.
Activity: 258
I think that if bitcoin is a stable price, it will not be very popular, I believe that most people like me, are a speculator, from which to earn the difference to obtain profits, bitcoin currency prices stable, early will not have extensive popularity. Smiley

If bitcoin had a stable price then it would not be as popular to the people because they will not be able to profit that much. Also, bitcoin became much more popular because a lot of people witnessed how its price increased as it doubled within just a few months. Its volatility is the reason why bitcoin is becoming more and more popular. As long as its value continously rises, it will continue to attract more people to invest.
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I think no. The reason why many people got interested to the bitcoin is because of the price. The bitcoin become popular because of the continuing to rise up of the price. Many people got shocked when the price of the bitcoin became $2000.
Activity: 952
     Traders get profits by trading mainly due to the increase and decrease in the value of bitcoin.If bitcoin price gets stable,then traders might lose their interest in buying bitcoins.
      On the other hand,retailers who don't come forward to accept bitcoin as payment because of its volatile nature would start accepting bitcoins if it becomes stable.Also,most countries which didn't legalize bitcoin due to its volatile nature would come forward to legalize it.
Activity: 756
It's very hard to achieve Bitcoin to be stable. I don't know if that would affect its popularity but it would affect the status on the financial market. But then the whole story with Bitcoin would go in some other way, not necessary better then it is now.
It is not hard for bitcoin to get stable because it just need a lot more investor and holder of bitcoin to be able to get stable on its price. If bitcoin will get a lot of holders then there will be only a few supply in the market and because of that low supply the market will get forced to be stable and that is how i believe bitcoin will become stable in price.
Stable prices will surely occur due to the growing user growth. When the market cap and volume becomes very large will certainly give effect on the price movements that become slow and it can be said to be stable. But we do not know is it bitcoin will remain popular or not, whereas currently most users prefer fluctuating prices than stable prices
i think that if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be popular. because this is brand new currency that can be used.
but i dont really think its the same popular when it can fluctuate a lot. however i choose bitcoin because of the how easy using and earn that thing.
Activity: 1190
It is not hard for bitcoin to get stable because it just need a lot more investor and holder of bitcoin to be able to get stable on its price. If bitcoin will get a lot of holders then there will be only a few supply in the market and because of that low supply the market will get forced to be stable and that is how i believe bitcoin will become stable in price.
Stable prices will surely occur due to the growing user growth. When the market cap and volume becomes very large will certainly give effect on the price movements that become slow and it can be said to be stable. But we do not know is it bitcoin will remain popular or not, whereas currently most users prefer fluctuating prices than stable prices

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
No, trader are into bitcoin because of the unstable price that could give them profit rather than trading fiat that it will take them a long time to make profit. On forex, the risk is more because the choices are limited unlike cryptocurrencies where you can divide your investment in many altcoins.
I agree most traders are also came from stocks and forex market so when they see the big potential of bitcoin to alt coin market they simply switch and enjoy
the fluctuation if bitcoin got stable value maybe they will not entertain this system and keep their stocks since its just the same flow.
Activity: 377
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Yes it will be still popular and maybe, more popular. One of the problems of Bitcoin legalization to most of the countries is because of its volatility or lack of market value stability. If it will be stable, it will surely be legal to more countries , more people will use it as a currency that will make its demand high. And ofcourse, like other cryptocurrency, if the demand is high, its price will increase. And if the price is high, more people will invest to it. It's like a cycle.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
I really don't think so.How many people do you think would know what bitcoin is if it weren't for the volatility of bitcoin ? Maybe some people will prefer it because of its other features.Most people in this forum are using bitcoin not because they think it has an amazing future or here to contribute to the field of crypto-currency but they see this forum as a means of income in the form of bitcoin and  hence they are here for it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
As if you were saying : usd rates doesn't change often , will people still like it ?
Of course they will do . Stability is a great future if you already don't know about that .
Elderly people/governments/shops would've been way more interested in it if it was this stable . It's the best/most know crypto in the world , so yes it'll still be popular .
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Definitely. I think volatility is Bitcoin's biggest disadvantage for the reason that it is decentralized. And maybe it is also a reason why there are still countries where Bitcoin is not yet legal. And if stability will take place, we may assume that it will be legal to most of the countries that will make its demand, highly stable. And high demand meand high value. High value means bigger profit. Bigger profit will lead to popularity amongst investtors and users.
It's not a disadvantage I think because with traders who like to buy and sell regularly it will help improve the circulation.
The nature of bitcoin is volatile due to its limited supply, and everyone has their own goal while those who like to hold will surely gonna
do it for longer term and as the demand increases the price swings.
Volatility of bitcoin is a huge advantage because that is how the price keeps moving up and that is why a lot of people are getting into bitcoin that makes bitcoin a very popular currency rather than the others. Volatility is thing that i like the most in bitcoin and i don't think that there is any point that we can say that is a disadvantage because that is an impossible thing.
Activity: 476
No, trader are into bitcoin because of the unstable price that could give them profit rather than trading fiat that it will take them a long time to make profit. On forex, the risk is more because the choices are limited unlike cryptocurrencies where you can divide your investment in many altcoins.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
Definitely. I think volatility is Bitcoin's biggest disadvantage for the reason that it is decentralized. And maybe it is also a reason why there are still countries where Bitcoin is not yet legal. And if stability will take place, we may assume that it will be legal to most of the countries that will make its demand, highly stable. And high demand meand high value. High value means bigger profit. Bigger profit will lead to popularity amongst investtors and users.
It's not a disadvantage I think because with traders who like to buy and sell regularly it will help improve the circulation.
The nature of bitcoin is volatile due to its limited supply, and everyone has their own goal while those who like to hold will surely gonna
do it for longer term and as the demand increases the price swings.
Activity: 350
Merit: 14
Pages:
Jump to: