Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 73. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Bitcoin is highly popular among traders because of its price volatility and they make huge profits by trading out of this difference.If bitcoin has a stable price,then traders would stop buying bitcoins.

Retailers do not come forward to accept bitcoin payments because of its high volatile nature.If bitcoin price becomes stable,then they would start accepting bitcoin payments.
Activity: 686
From one side if bitcoin where with a stable value it would be hold by much more people, and well it could be mainstream already, but what would be the benefict of hold bitcoin, besides freedom. The other side is volatilaty bringed huge investments over bitcoin and crypto, wich is making and changing a lot some people lifes.
Stability would not have attracted such a large number of supporters. Bitcoins are already acting as mainstream investment. In my opinion volatility is the basic features of the bitcoins that has been enchanting people since its creation. The unstable nature of bitcoins does provide newcomers opportunity of stepping into bitcoin trading.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
I think that makes bitcoin popular because bitcoin has a very fluctuating price, most people use bitcoin because it sees the price is fluctuating so many who trade in it for the benefit. If bitcoin prices remain stable then bitcoin users will also be stable and bitcoin users will not increase.
i also think that it will make bitcoin more popular, because to me if bitcoin will become stable then the local investors will also start taking interest in bitcoin and they will surely make bitcoin more powerful by start investing a great amount of money in bitcoin. i think people have already start taking interest in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I don't think it will be popular more than were it is now with volatility. It value is what bring about this volatility and it's volatile nature is what brings about it being popular. For me I came to know about bitcoin when I read an online blog about how bitcoin has returned thousand of dollars to the early investors.

I have to agree with you even though I have my reservations about it. Bitcoin would still be popular regardless of its constant price among students/people who are looking for an alternative way on earning money. One example here would be the signature campaigns since they pay fixed or per post. I take the volatility of the prices of bitcoin as a bonus in my pay. The government of each country also might intervene and accept it as an alternative medium of exchange if the price is constant and regulation would be easier for them. But the downside of this, this would not attract investors who are taking advantage of its price being volatile.
It won’t be much popular as it is while being volatile. Some people are going to lose interest in it, and most of them will feel like “it’s over, let’s just withdraw our funds from it”. But know this, once the old people withdraw their funds, it makes way for a new people to start investing and the price will become volatile again until it hits the limit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Bitcoin continue to be popular as media proclaim it and as long as many people around the world always use it for transactions even price has stable
Activity: 868
From one side if bitcoin where with a stable value it would be hold by much more people, and well it could be mainstream already, but what would be the benefict of hold bitcoin, besides freedom. The other side is volatilaty bringed huge investments over bitcoin and crypto, wich is making and changing a lot some people lifes.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 251
If bitcoins are stable in terms of exchange rates, then bitcoin has been used by almost everyone in the world for its financial activity and popularity not needed. Because same as other conventional currencies. Which of course, with limited supply, would make bitcoin price very huge at that time.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
I think that makes bitcoin popular because bitcoin has a very fluctuating price, most people use bitcoin because it sees the price is fluctuating so many who trade in it for the benefit. If bitcoin prices remain stable then bitcoin users will also be stable and bitcoin users will not increase.

The status of bitcoin is always changing and fastest growing makes the bitcoin users interest to invest. This is the reason why they make it easier to remember due to popularity and stability of coin.
stability of coin?bitcoin is popular because of two reason-1)it was first cryptocurrency developed 2)popularity among others as its trading application are much as compared to other coin.if bitcoin become stable then there is no difference in fiat and bitcoin ,it will become similar to tether which is just an application of cryptography.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Right now, most of the users are hoarding Bitcoins, as the prices are rising day by day. If the prices remain stable, then neither the margin traders, nor the long-term investors will show much interest in the crypto-currency.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102

The status of bitcoin is always changing and fastest growing makes the bitcoin users interest to invest. This is the reason why they make it easier to remember due to popularity and stability of coin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
cryptocurrency presents other futures not only investing, but easier transactions, safer payments, anonymous usage and other futures if the price would be stable it will show the higher interest from investors because if it's stable priced you cant risk your value to be downpriced then almost the section which will have this coins would be people intrested on using bitcoin for normal things like buying someithng for lower price because it have lower request price for making deals   
Stable price seems not the game here in crypto world and the main reason is the low supply and high demand, if that happen daily
then we can surely see the price will pump and when demand is continues there is not limit of price increase.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
cryptocurrency presents other futures not only investing, but easier transactions, safer payments, anonymous usage and other futures if the price would be stable it will show the higher interest from investors because if it's stable priced you cant risk your value to be downpriced then almost the section which will have this coins would be people intrested on using bitcoin for normal things like buying someithng for lower price because it have lower request price for making deals   
Activity: 504
I think no.Because people looks on how to earn big and more
Bitcoin now is popular becasue of the price rate.Maybe you lose if bitcoin price is cheap but when price is going up you can have your cash higher or become plenty.Even though its a volatile situation buy theres still hope to be rich.
but i think yes that if bitcoin become so much stable even then it will be too much popular and i think that it will even become more popular becasue the businessmen will stat using bitcoinn for transaction purpose and for so many other purposes. therfore i think bitcoin will become too much popular.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
Bitcoin now is popular becasue of the price rate.Maybe you lose if bitcoin price is cheap but when price is going up you can have your cash higher or become plenty.Even though its a volatile situation buy theres still hope to be rich.
The stability has not played any role in attracting or losing investors rather the instable nature of crypto currencies have attracted masses. The unstable nature provides many opportunities for the investors of earning grand profit which is not possible with stable prices.

That is why i use to tell that Dont compare Bitcoin with fiat currency because Bitcoin is a good investment option just like Gold and Silver type precious metals. Because for currency first it should have stable price rate.
Activity: 644
The stability has not played any role in attracting or losing investors rather the instable nature of crypto currencies have attracted masses. The unstable nature provides many opportunities for the investors of earning grand profit which is not possible with stable prices.
Merit: 100
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
If bitcoin has a stable price from the very start, no one would have interest to use. Because one of the best thing about bitcoin is it can allow us to buy low sell high. Which can also give us profit. So if bitcoin is stable, we will lose this kind of opportunity. It's more exciting everyday because you will learn when and how to buy and sell.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

What do you think when the price of the dollar is stable and it is still used all over the world? In a more understandable way, people always want to use things that are truly stable. So, once Bitcoin is stable, I think it will become even more popular
Important when the price of Bitcoin stable, the government on the world's accept it or not! If they not accept Bitcoin as new payment gate online for people between countries, I think Bitcoin still not popular with all people, because they think Bitcoin not legal and for UG.
Merit: 351
    I don't know maybe yes or maybe know, it also depends on how the people engage  it or what is their own approach about bitcoin. For me if  it would be in a stable price I think I would still choose it, even if its popularity is low, its because the benefits and its uniqueness will be a big use for me, as even now we choose it because of being volatile and decentralized. So what else can we askfor?
Pages:
Jump to: