Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 78. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
I think it would be more popular for rich people, because all rich people will found out that bitcoin is really good for long term investment because the price of bitcoin that keep stable even 5-10 years. But for traders, i think they will not trade on bitcoin anymore. Because the price that stable and hardly to decrease or increase.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
No it wouldn't be popular as now it is, because the popularity of bitcoin is due to its volatility. Stable price will not attract that much people and it will also effect the trading business.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
Bitcoin having a stable price will never attract newcomers since new big players are here for bitcoin's volatility. If the price of bitcoin has stayed, for example, 1$ = 1BTC, people will never touch bitcoin for a long time. Somebody else will steal the idea of decentralization, anonymity, and everything else but make the economy of the new coin as something that doesn't have a stable price.

On a side note, bitcoin having a stable price is impossible.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
If the price is stable then it is not bitcoin anymore, you cannot control the price volatility because the supply is limited and there are whales who manipulate the price on their favor. Well, that is the reality and we cannot change that, instead let's study how the market moves so we can benefit from it.
Activity: 294
is not that much populaire but bitcoin strong point is not about only the price but with anonyme transaction and saving your own money by your self.
but the strong thing that make populaire now is the price a
Activity: 837
Merit: 500
Bitcoin would still be popular if it had a stable price but not the value of $0.1 or $0.01. It would get more popular especially on online merchants and online shopping if the price will be fixed. Probably they would start to accept bitcoin as payment for buying and selling because we notice that they are only few now.

Being unstable of btc makes it unique , i doubt if lot will get interested on it since we can just focus or just have our own fiat than enter in new learnings and get same of the old habbit.
Activity: 336
Bitcoin would still be popular if it had a stable price but not the value of $0.1 or $0.01. It would get more popular especially on online merchants and online shopping if the price will be fixed. Probably they would start to accept bitcoin as payment for buying and selling because we notice that they are only few now.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
I strongly agree if the bitcoin price is stable, the many benefits and benefits of bitcoin, not just because we can get rich because of the unstable price. Security and speed of transactions are the most I like from bitcoin, tax free too, if bitcoin prices are stable, maybe many online stores will use bitcoin as a means of payment
Activity: 286
Even fiat being volatil there is nothing as bitcoin, and there are already big players/investors over bitcoin, there is no way to keep ignore the crypto world. The only difference from fiat is that the banks and countries arent yet over crypto to manipulate it, atleast not oficial.
Bitcoin has growed from cents due to trading, if bitcoin had a fixed value like 1 dollars i doubt it would be alive nowadays, speculation is the market where the money is present deeply.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I don't think so that Bitcoin would be that popular if it had a stable price and it lacked volatility because many people who buy Bitcoins are for the potential gains they can earn because of high price changes. This volatility is one of the biggest advantages of Bitcoin over any other investment.

But the volatility is also bitcoin's weakest point. Just like today, the price of bitcoin was $2900 and now it's just $2500. That's $400 difference and back then, the price of bitcoin was just even $400. Eventually, a thousand dollars movement will just become a normal thing to bitcoins and that would continue to grow as the price of bitcoin grows. Volatility is only an advantage when you bought bitcoins and the price has went up. Otherwise, you'd wish that bitcoin had a stable price as well.
Activity: 224
In my opinion bitcoin will still be the most popular coin among other coins.
Although the bitcoin price will go down that will not make the investors sad ..
even that makes them will buy the bitcoin itself
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
I think that most of the people plan to buy bitcoin because of possible rise. If bitcoin would be stable I think that would be much less interesting for majority.

I beg to differ, I rather think a stable Bitcoin will be good for business and global money transfers since the price is stable over a period businessmen wouldn't be afraid to keep their money in Bitcoin so that they can easily transfer overseas (assuming fast confirmations and low fees). On the contrary what I think will get Bitcoin unpopular is the delayed confirmations and seemingly high fees.
Activity: 118
And the question is: "is there a stable currency?" Even USD isnt stable, at forex market always moving up and down quite quickly. Likewise with bitcoin, traders can still earn profit from bitcoin trading. Popularity bitcoin will make market more enjoyable for traders and certainly will not make bitcoin price stable.

You can't compare USD volatility to that of BTC. And I also disagree with you on your other statement, a bigger marketcap will certainly make bitcoin price more stable because it will take more money to move the price in either direction.
Activity: 588
if the price of Bitcoin is stable, it will refuse from it a lot of investors. And the common people do not want to use it
Yes I agree with you. If bitcoin’s price has a fixed rate, the investors and the businessman would not be interested in it as well as other people. Investors are interested in bitcoin because its price is getting higher and higher. Investing in bitcoin will surely be a good source of profit from them.

I have told some of my friends about bitcoin a long time ago and they were not interested back then. I have told them that its price would get higher in the future but they would not believe me. Days ago, one of them have asked me about bitcoin again. He heard about the sudden increase in bitcoin’s price and he told me that he is interested now in bitcoin.

This is a good example for your question. If bitcoin does really have a stable price, many people would not be interested in it and it is not as popular as it is now.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
And the question is: "is there a stable currency?" Even USD isnt stable, at forex market always moving up and down quite quickly. Likewise with bitcoin, traders can still earn profit from bitcoin trading. Popularity bitcoin will make market more enjoyable for traders and certainly will not make bitcoin price stable.
Activity: 812
Not like that,

As traders, I will not get attracted when the bitcoin will be stable. There's no thrill nor excitement in the price. Traders like the prices that fluctuates because this is the nature of economy. If it will get stable no investors will be interested. Investors and traders like to.play the prices in the market. So if the bitcoin price will be stable, bitcoin will not get popular. Bitcoin will always be bitcoin like the other currency.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I think that most of the people plan to buy bitcoin because of possible rise. If bitcoin would be stable I think that would be much less interesting for majority.
Activity: 462
I don't think so that Bitcoin would be that popular if it had a stable price and it lacked volatility because many people who buy Bitcoins are for the potential gains they can earn because of high price changes. This volatility is one of the biggest advantages of Bitcoin over any other investment.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
If bitcoin had a stable price,definitely it would get popular among merchants who now mostly don't accept bitcoin payment due to its high volatility.
But at the same time,traders who get profits mainly due to the volatility nature of bitcoin would loose interest in buying bitcoins.
Even normal people who buy bitcoins due to its rapid increase in price would also loose their interest in buying and holding bitcoins.

Take a look at how much the forex markets move each day.
And then take a look at the amount of money floating there , trillions not millions.

Have traders quit because the dollar moved only 3% in a month against the Euro?

They won't quit bitcoin either. The difference is that small traders who are just tossing 20 bucks on altcoins will surely be replaced by guys doing millions.
Activity: 196
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
If bitcoin had a stable price,definitely it would get popular among merchants who now mostly don't accept bitcoin payment due to its high volatility.
But at the same time,traders who get profits mainly due to the volatility nature of bitcoin would loose interest in buying bitcoins.
Even normal people who buy bitcoins due to its rapid increase in price would also loose their interest in buying and holding bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: