Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 81. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
I think no. Because we all invest in bitcoin knowing the future prospects and nothing else. If I know that the price of a particular currency is going to be stable, I would not be interested in investing much. Probably a small amount will be invested to support the downfall of other investments. However, the bigger chunk of money would go to the one which has a great future prospect.

I think the dynamic pricing of bitcoin and huge future prospects make bitcoin the best and most popular crypto currency. If the price starts falling down constantly, then people would not take much time to switch to a different currency with better prospect.

You are saying the view of an investor / trader.  But try to comprehend the view of merchants.  As stated when price of bitcoin become stable, it will only shift audience and continue to be popular.  YOu may not be interested in a stable price, but I do like stable price and I will get more interested with it to use as mode pf payment to my store.  
That is right that the merchants like the stable price. The merchants are the stronger supporters of bitcoin as they if find bitcoin beneficial for themselves then they will stick to it and will give more strength to it while the traders will buy it and will throw to market when they see the price higher. So we have to care for merchants and the merchants like a stable price.
Activity: 65
Merit: 11
I think no. Because we all invest in bitcoin knowing the future prospects and nothing else. If I know that the price of a particular currency is going to be stable, I would not be interested in investing much. Probably a small amount will be invested to support the downfall of other investments. However, the bigger chunk of money would go to the one which has a great future prospect.

I think the dynamic pricing of bitcoin and huge future prospects make bitcoin the best and most popular crypto currency. If the price starts falling down constantly, then people would not take much time to switch to a different currency with better prospect.

But this way we can think about BTC as a money and it can be widely used.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

You are saying the view of an investor / trader.  But try to comprehend the view of merchants.  As stated when price of bitcoin become stable, it will only shift audience and continue to be popular.  YOu may not be interested in a stable price, but I do like stable price and I will get more interested with it to use as mode pf payment to my store.  
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
 Depending on in what price bitcoins will stop growing an get stucked on,if it hets stuck and stable in a low price expect bitcoin being dead or bitcoin being abandon by users because of lost of money into it,but if it will be stable at high price no doubt bitcoins will be still alive
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Bitcoins popularity isnt due to its fluctuating prices, Bitcoins is rather popular because it makes anyone who wants to mine get some money out of it and does what makes it popular but its rising prices doesnt hurt though.

Bitcoin is popular for a variety of reasons. And one of the reasons is price fluctuations. Due to this bitcoin is very popular with traders. They earn a lot of money on this
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bitcoins popularity isnt due to its fluctuating prices, Bitcoins is rather popular because it makes anyone who wants to mine get some money out of it and does what makes it popular but its rising prices doesnt hurt though.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
When bitcoin is in stable price maybe it will not become popular.Because people are looking for a  much bigger income.
People attrack to an easy money earnings.And have future to be reach their goal.
Maybe people will just ignore bitcoin if the price is constant.
Bitcoin will have low promotion if the price is stable
Honestly it will just shift into a different kind of audience. Right now it is catering the categories of what a trader wants a volatile asset in which they can take profit from. If it becomes stable what will happen will be is that it will have more consumers wanting it as it is a currency in which can buy goods at an accurate price. What I am saying is that when you try to buy with Bitcoin right now you might end up using more or less Bitcoin than needed as it is a volatile currency, which is not too attractive for consumers.
I am also fully confident that Bitcoin will not be strongly quoted in Among the people, because Bitcoin can become a more stable currency and a random one because this currency will be used only as investments and earning real money.
I am also confident that when the price of bitcoin will become stable it will become more and more popular. people will then use btcoin for so many other purposes like transaction of money from one place to another place.

How, though? People are using bitcoins because they know that it's a good investment because of its price. Other than that, people are also using bitcoins to transfer money to another person. If the price of bitcoin is going to be stable, the former wouldn't be achieved anymore so people can only use bitcoins as a currency then.

And since most of us are here because of bitcoin being a good investment, if it stops being that (for no reason, all of a sudden), then people would also stop using bitcoins. Bitcoin is not a strong one when it comes to being just a currency. Removing all the people that bought bitcoins solely for investment would make the price of bitcoin go down to just a couple of dollars (since there are better options now).

Now read your post again

Especially the emphasized parts of it. Basically, at first you make an assumption and then essentially say why this assumption is impossible in practice. If Bitcoin was going to become stable (as per your assumption), Bitcoin's price would be going down (as per your conclusion), thereby it is impossible for the price to remain stable and thus become stable (this is the obvious inference which I made for you). Apart from that, "removing all the people that bought bitcoins" would lead to a dramatic hike in price on its own since by removing all these people (i.e. not allowing them to sell their coins), you effectively shut down the supply of coins to the market (save only for the coins that are being currently mined). As the proverb goes, the sleep of reason produces monsters
Activity: 1092
If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
Bitcoin actually,so far was 1821$ which can says that can be considered in the stage of stability in terms of bitcoin value. Therefore if that happen  it will be more popular than the situation before. Cheesy
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
When bitcoin is in stable price maybe it will not become popular.Because people are looking for a  much bigger income.
People attrack to an easy money earnings.And have future to be reach their goal.
Yes ,bitcoin will be not like this as of now if the price is stable people will not longer be more attracted to know bitcoins it will be like just paypal to use with different uses and feature .Many negative effects in reverse situation now if bitcoins is stable .Bitcoin price growth is the reason why it is became popular .

well btc's volatility is arguably the best aspect that people right now are looking at. of course there will be better profits if the price of btc would go up and down but I don't think governments would want to adopt such a volatile currency. if it were to me though, i'd prefer btc to remain this way because i'm enjoying the rewards of the price movement
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
Yes ,bitcoin will be not like this as of now if the price is stable people will not longer be more attracted to know bitcoins it will be like just paypal to use with different uses and feature .Many negative effects in reverse situation now if bitcoins is stable .Bitcoin price growth is the reason why it is became popular .
Activity: 952
Honestly it will just shift into a different kind of audience. Right now it is catering the categories of what a trader wants a volatile asset in which they can take profit from. If it becomes stable what will happen will be is that it will have more consumers wanting it as it is a currency in which can buy goods at an accurate price. What I am saying is that when you try to buy with Bitcoin right now you might end up using more or less Bitcoin than needed as it is a volatile currency, which is not too attractive for consumers.
I am also fully confident that Bitcoin will not be strongly quoted in Among the people, because Bitcoin can become a more stable currency and a random one because this currency will be used only as investments and earning real money.
i think most of the people have is the same replay that yes if bitcoin has become stable it will be more polular and people will be using it.
Exactly because there are plenty of believers here if not all of us, bitcoin is the best investment for me and I'm
willing to hold longer just to get my reward that I expected.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
When bitcoin is in stable price maybe it will not become popular.Because people are looking for a  much bigger income.
i think most of the people have is the same replay that yes if bitcoin has become stable it will be more popular and people will be using it shopkeepers will also start accepting bitcoin from the people, so  i think if the price of bitcoin will become stable then it will also have good effect on image of bitcoin. just like dollar as dollar have very stable price and is one of the most popular currency of the world.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
I think if the bitcoin have stable price they will not become popular because many peoplr using bitcoin are want big income and they hold their bitcoin and then wait the price to increase before their sell it. If the price is stable it cannot hold them anymore and the business in bitcoin will become more limited . You can trade altcoin also but its not good because the price is stable people happy if they buy altcoin and those altcoin pump and the bitcoin pump also the investor will become happy. But if the bitcoin price will stable it will not die anymore . Stable price have advantage and disadvantages result.
Activity: 364

Yes it is since people will worry less that it will just go dump though the happiness of pump is also a nice thing which will profit a lot of investors, those who trade. By having stable price it will have a good chance to be adapted in daily transactions.
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
I think it might be because it would be having the popularity and trust of 1st released currency of a kind.

But there will be some conflicts later on with the other currencies on prices.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I am also confident that when the price of bitcoin will become stable it will become more and more popular. people will then use btcoin for so many other purposes like transaction of money from one place to another place.

How, though? People are using bitcoins because they know that it's a good investment because of its price. Other than that, people are also using bitcoins to transfer money to another person. If the price of bitcoin is going to be stable, the former wouldn't be achieved anymore so people can only use bitcoins as a currency then.

And since most of us are here because of bitcoin being a good investment, if it stops being that (for no reason, all of a sudden), then people would also stop using bitcoins. Bitcoin is not a strong one when it comes to being just a currency. Removing all the people that bought bitcoins solely for investment would make the price of bitcoin go down to just a couple of dollars (since there are better options now).
Activity: 490
When bitcoin is in stable price maybe it will not become popular.Because people are looking for a  much bigger income.
I am also confident that when the price of bitcoin will become stable it will become more and more popular. people will then use btcoin for so many other purposes like transaction of money from one place to another place. i think if bitcoin will become popular then most of the shopkeepers will also start accepting bitcoin. as they will not be worrying about the changing of the price from due to change in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

If we take into account that for which people value money, Bitcoin will not enter this category, unstable prices and complexity of use play a role against the crypto currency.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Activity: 336
Play2Live presale starts on 25th January
Pages:
Jump to: