Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 85. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 15
I would still choose the bitcoin although the price stable, this is because a lot of great features when I use bitcoin, thus with a stable price make a certainty, so if I'm investing with funds then there will be a big loss.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
If Bitcoin had a stable price,definitely more merchants would come forward to adopt it since they avoid bitcoin payments mainly due to its price fluctuation.
But on the other side,traders who make profits mainly due to bitcoin's price variation would lose their interest in buying bitcoins which would lead to decrease in demand for bitcoins and bitcoin price would decrease gradually.
I think even though the price of fluctuating bitcoin though. It will not harm merchants because they have a system where if you pay with bitcoin. Then the bitcoin will be converted directly to fiat

I think not all the time bitcoin will converted automatically to fiat because some of the merchants that accept bitcoin just directly go to their bitcoin wallet and it is not that easy for them to convert to fiat because as what you have said, there is fluctuation for the price and that is why it is not always good for them to convert bitcoin to fiat because they might get a loss.
But many a times there is increase in price so they get more for the good and this balances the case of decrease in price of bitcoin and they can easily sell their coins on localbitcoins and these days there are many apps that does the selling of bitcoins instantly, all you have to give them is your bitcoins and your ID card and they sell your bitcoins and deposit fiat in your bank account.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
If Bitcoin had a stable price,definitely more merchants would come forward to adopt it since they avoid bitcoin payments mainly due to its price fluctuation.
But on the other side,traders who make profits mainly due to bitcoin's price variation would lose their interest in buying bitcoins which would lead to decrease in demand for bitcoins and bitcoin price would decrease gradually.
I think even though the price of fluctuating bitcoin though. It will not harm merchants because they have a system where if you pay with bitcoin. Then the bitcoin will be converted directly to fiat

I think not all the time bitcoin will converted automatically to fiat because some of the merchants that accept bitcoin just directly go to their bitcoin wallet and it is not that easy for them to convert to fiat because as what you have said, there is fluctuation for the price and that is why it is not always good for them to convert bitcoin to fiat because they might get a loss.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I don't think it will be popular, I'll leave the bitcoin because the same as real money, real money is even better because there is no need to exchange the exchanger bitcoin.
I agree with you, let alone most users are investors and traders. Of course they will not accept if bitcoin prices become stable. Because it will not give big profit to them

You are right, if bitcoin will have a stable price, Investors and traders they leave this domain of cryptocurrencies. Of course bitcoin will lose the popularity. and i think it will die as soon as the price will be stable. But i don't think it will happend.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I don't think it will be popular, I'll leave the bitcoin because the same as real money, real money is even better because there is no need to exchange the exchanger bitcoin.
I agree with you, let alone most users are investors and traders. Of course they will not accept if bitcoin prices become stable. Because it will not give big profit to them

But at that stage a point comes to my mind that if the price come to stability then more and more people will come to spend their money in bitcoin because they want to keep their money in a place where they have not to pay maximum fees of transaction and tax to those government which are not sincere with their public.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I think merchants certainly have a system where they will instantly exchange bitcoin to fiat when you use bitcoin to shop. Because it is unlikely they receive a payment with bitcoin then they hold the bitcoin in the wallet. Of course it will harm them
Activity: 1190
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Bitcoin attracts most users only because of its rapid price increase, and its stability will lead to a decrease in interest.

Yes it is the most attracted characteristic of bitcoin. And if that is not because of bitcoin's adjustable price, there will be no more new investors that are going to enter to this crypto currency but because of this characteristic, there's a lot of investors that sees a lot of opportunity for it.
I am also seeing that many people come to adopt and invest in bitcoin when the price of it start to increase rapidly that is making bitcoin more popular but still for making it a regular currency we will wait for a stable price as if a stable price will be obtained then people will adopt it as their global currency instead of dollar.

Because it is very convincing, it's our attitude that when we are seeing volumes of money are being included. And it is going to give us more attraction if we are able to proved that there are people that are earning with it. The price increase is the reason why there are a lot of investors that are loving to get into bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Wolf
I think bitcoin can still be still popular, because the facilities of bitcoin are not just on fluctuations. Bitcoin decentralized and anonymous. Surely it would be better than fiat money or real money right?

The facilities or features of bitcoin is one of the reasons why bitcoin is popular but what makes bitcoin so popular it its price since it is the cause of profit for many bitcoin holders and traders. But if in time bitcoins price will be stable it simply means that bitcoin was adopted by the majority of the population of the world. Bitcoin can only reach a stable price if it reached the maximum price of bitcoin each.
Bitcoins maximum price or its highesr peak is a very vague word as bitcoin is community driven .  Stable price seems so far right now cause even though adotion has occured the buying and selling of it as well as the increase and decrease of its users will always occur as a result price stability  will be difficult . 
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
Bitcoin attracts most users only because of its rapid price increase, and its stability will lead to a decrease in interest.

Yes it is the most attracted characteristic of bitcoin. And if that is not because of bitcoin's adjustable price, there will be no more new investors that are going to enter to this crypto currency but because of this characteristic, there's a lot of investors that sees a lot of opportunity for it.
There is advantage and disadvantage if bitcoin price became stable, if the price is not flactuating it can attract more merchants to use bitcoin as payment system and you can store your money in btc without worrying that it might decrease. while for investors its bad news because they cant earn from it if does happen.
Activity: 476
I think bitcoin can still be still popular, because the facilities of bitcoin are not just on fluctuations. Bitcoin decentralized and anonymous. Surely it would be better than fiat money or real money right?

The facilities or features of bitcoin is one of the reasons why bitcoin is popular but what makes bitcoin so popular it its price since it is the cause of profit for many bitcoin holders and traders. But if in time bitcoins price will be stable it simply means that bitcoin was adopted by the majority of the population of the world. Bitcoin can only reach a stable price if it reached the maximum price of bitcoin each.
Thats true, that's why there are many users who are background as investors or traders, they all become bitcoin users because they want to get a profit from bitcoin prices that fluctuate
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Activity: 490
Activity: 476
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
Yup correct, the population around the world is 7 billion and 100 million are used only of bitcoin. Most of people used cash for their payment an for other things that want to buy.

And for the user of bitcoin I think it will also become popular, it is not used for investing, trading and etc. but for other online transaction or online shopping who accept it.

It will still popular because it is global currency and with this you can earn money but I think trading and investing destroy.

100 million where? We're far from that based on the userbase this forum has and all the other bitcoin related forum have. Maybe 100 million wallets/address has been reached by now but that's just because people can create thousands of wallets all at once.

Trading and investing wouldn't destroy bitcoins. First, people are buying bitcoin because they want to invest in it for the long run. Another, trading is one of the best ways to make money so definitely people are going to do it. And it seems that trading has become so common that people invest in cryptocurrencies because of it.
Trading is very profitable in crypto because most of the coins are going uptrend, this will benefit the long term holders as they will not be hugely affected with the price volatility. Bitcoin has increase so much this year and still growing, we can see more in the future if number of real adopters will increase.
Bitcoin and altcoins are now going up and they are both competing to each other. Trading bitcoins and altcoins are both profitable and they are like unstoppable because they don't have a target price and they just maximizing the possibility for their price to its highest price possible. I think it is good to go for long term in bitcoin and altcoin to get a huge profit rather than trading them now.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
Yup correct, the population around the world is 7 billion and 100 million are used only of bitcoin. Most of people used cash for their payment an for other things that want to buy.

And for the user of bitcoin I think it will also become popular, it is not used for investing, trading and etc. but for other online transaction or online shopping who accept it.

It will still popular because it is global currency and with this you can earn money but I think trading and investing destroy.

100 million where? We're far from that based on the userbase this forum has and all the other bitcoin related forum have. Maybe 100 million wallets/address has been reached by now but that's just because people can create thousands of wallets all at once.

Trading and investing wouldn't destroy bitcoins. First, people are buying bitcoin because they want to invest in it for the long run. Another, trading is one of the best ways to make money so definitely people are going to do it. And it seems that trading has become so common that people invest in cryptocurrencies because of it.
Trading is very profitable in crypto because most of the coins are going uptrend, this will benefit the long term holders as they will not be hugely affected with the price volatility. Bitcoin has increase so much this year and still growing, we can see more in the future if number of real adopters will increase.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin will be more popular if the price is stable. More will choose bitcoin as an investment. Because bitcoin is a digital currency that is very easy to use.

It is not going to become more popular if bitcoin has a very stable price. The main reason why bitcoin is increasing because for having the unstable price.

And if ever the price of bitcoin had a stable one, I don't think that it will become popular.

Because people will just going to stick with the usage of fiat money or by using credit cards and other banking services.

There's no point if bitcoin has stable price.
Bitcoin has gained its popularity from its instable and high price, and we can all agree on the fact that we all got into bitcoin because of its price and the dream that we can get rich someday with it, and honestly bitcoin is getting more and more users because of its price, so when the bitcoin reaches a point where the price is stable it won’t be as popular as it is right now.
Pages:
Jump to: