Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 86. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Bitcoin attracts most users only because of its rapid price increase, and its stability will lead to a decrease in interest.

Yes it is the most attracted characteristic of bitcoin. And if that is not because of bitcoin's adjustable price, there will be no more new investors that are going to enter to this crypto currency but because of this characteristic, there's a lot of investors that sees a lot of opportunity for it.
I am also seeing that many people come to adopt and invest in bitcoin when the price of it start to increase rapidly that is making bitcoin more popular but still for making it a regular currency we will wait for a stable price as if a stable price will be obtained then people will adopt it as their global currency instead of dollar.
Not only the price but people are adopting because of its usefulness, those who based on the price are mostly investors and traders but to make this bitcoin as a very successful currency in the future, we need pure adopters who will primarily used it's function as a currency than play games with it like holding to trade later.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
Bitcoin attracts most users only because of its rapid price increase, and its stability will lead to a decrease in interest.

Yes it is the most attracted characteristic of bitcoin. And if that is not because of bitcoin's adjustable price, there will be no more new investors that are going to enter to this crypto currency but because of this characteristic, there's a lot of investors that sees a lot of opportunity for it.
I am also seeing that many people come to adopt and invest in bitcoin when the price of it start to increase rapidly that is making bitcoin more popular but still for making it a regular currency we will wait for a stable price as if a stable price will be obtained then people will adopt it as their global currency instead of dollar.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
I don't think it will be popular, I'll leave the bitcoin because the same as real money, real money is even better because there is no need to exchange the exchanger bitcoin.
But I think bitcoin could be better because it has faster transaction speed than real money. There are many other advantages of bitcoin in addition to the fluctuations present in bitcoin

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

I agree, because most are traders or hodlers at the moment. They would all go into Alts or another form of investment if there was a prolonged period of stability.
Price Stability means there is a stable demand for Bitcoin, but it does not mean there is or will be an decrease in interest because not everyone is a trader but is also using Bitcoin as an actual currency. A stabler pruce will lead to an increase in Bitcoin transaction as a currency.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

I agree, because most are traders or hodlers at the moment. They would all go into Alts or another form of investment if there was a prolonged period of stability.
The stranger phenomenon of price lately is the fact that Chinese vs non-Chinese exchanges are quoting and exchanging dollar denominated Bitcoin at very different prices. The spread is as large as $200 lately. Usually when a spread gets that great, people start to arbitrage until the spread tightens.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will be more popular if the price is stable. More will choose bitcoin as an investment. Because bitcoin is a digital currency that is very easy to use.

How will you even earn from bitcoins as an investment when the price is stable? People buy/invest in bitcoin because they know that it's very profitable due to its volatility. The price is the one that everyone's looking at to see if their investment has made profit already or not.

If bitcoin had a stable price, I can only imagine the economy of it. How many bitcoins would there be? An unlimited amount?
Supposed that bitcoins still gets recognition and popularity when it had a stable price instead, then that means people are getting bitcoins at a single source with a fixed price. Is that how things will be?

Bitcoin is hard coded to 21m max. Currently 16m mined. It'll be 100 years before max circulation, however since rewards started at 50btc per mined block (but halve every 4 years), the bulk will be circulated soon enough. Then there are zombie coins and dust. As there is newfound interest in bitcoin, the price goes up due to limited supply because of zombies (private keys lost), dust (near empty addresses) and hodlers.

I thought Bitcoin could only have a stable price after mass adoption phase, but looking at Litecoin which saw incredible stability for years, I see that there could be two scenarios of stability.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Bitcoin will be more popular if the price is stable. More will choose bitcoin as an investment. Because bitcoin is a digital currency that is very easy to use.

How will you even earn from bitcoins as an investment when the price is stable? People buy/invest in bitcoin because they know that it's very profitable due to its volatility. The price is the one that everyone's looking at to see if their investment has made profit already or not.

If bitcoin had a stable price, I can only imagine the economy of it. How many bitcoins would there be? An unlimited amount? Supposed that bitcoins still gets recognition and popularity when it had a stable price instead, then that means people are getting bitcoins at a single source with a fixed price. Is that how things will be?

Yuu obviously miss a few things in your reasoning

First, Bitcoin's value is not the same as Bitcoin's price, so even if the former could be stable (which is impossible per se due to mostly speculative nature of Bitcoin), the latter cannot possibly be that because, second, its price is quoted in many different currencies (mostly the US dollar). In this manner, Bitcoin is set to be more volatile than the currency in which it is priced. On the other hand, the US dollar remains an attractive vehicle for speculation even if it is one of the most stable currencies out there
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

If bitcoin had a stable price, I can only imagine the economy of it. How many bitcoins would there be? An unlimited amount? Supposed that bitcoins still gets recognition and popularity when it had a stable price instead, then that means people are getting bitcoins at a single source with a fixed price. Is that how things will be?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
yes that is a fact that bitcoin will become more popular if the price of bitcoin will become more stable because then more and more investors will invest their money in bitcoin.
Yup if the price will become more stable then bitcoin will become the another version of gold but virtual gold it will attract a lot of big investors in the bitcoin industry like the millionaires in the world and they will buy a lot of bitcoins and at the same time it will help the bitcoin to established even higher price to itself and stable price will help bitcoin to be widely accepted because of its almost fixed value.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
hello guy's...!! I think bitcoin is day by day most popular currency in the world but the bitcoin price is needs to be more stable.
Precisely what makes bitcoin become popular day by day is price fluctuations. Without fluctuations I'm sure few will be interested in bitcoin. So I prefer fluctuations to continue to exist

For some, fluctuations are not important, but growth. Maybe traders make money by fluctuating prices. But investors make money on growth. I'm sure that if the price does not rise, bitcoin will die

Yes, without rising prices, bitcoin will lose many users and eventually die. After all, most of them use it to earn money on the growth of prices.
I think not stable price is not the one thing that attracts users, yes investors maybe, but this doesn't spreading for all users. I think in tha case of stable price bitcoin would still stay interested for those people who live with bitcoin making and to whom this money is the one that they have.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
yes that is a fact that bitcoin will become more popular if the price of bitcoin will become more stable because then more and more investors will invest their money in bitcoin.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625

It is not going to become more popular if bitcoin has a very stable price. The main reason why bitcoin is increasing because for having the unstable price.

And if ever the price of bitcoin had a stable one, I don't think that it will become popular.

Because people will just going to stick with the usage of fiat money or by using credit cards and other banking services.

There's no point if bitcoin has stable price.
Activity: 355
Merit: 102
Activity: 138
hello guy's...!! I think bitcoin is day by day most popular currency in the world but the bitcoin price is needs to be more stable.
Precisely what makes bitcoin become popular day by day is price fluctuations. Without fluctuations I'm sure few will be interested in bitcoin. So I prefer fluctuations to continue to exist

For some, fluctuations are not important, but growth. Maybe traders make money by fluctuating prices. But investors make money on growth. I'm sure that if the price does not rise, bitcoin will die

Yes, without rising prices, bitcoin will lose many users and eventually die. After all, most of them use it to earn money on the growth of prices.
Activity: 177

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

They will certainly continue to exist

I will tell even more than that. With prices rising we should in fact expect even more fluctuations and higher volatility. But that's not my point. That said, I still heavily disagree that with stable prices Bitcoin will be less popular. First, this is an impossible thing on its own, as it is with any mostly financial (read speculative) asset (due to its virtual nature). But even if we could think up or contrive some invisible mechanism (Dextera Domini) that would keep Bitcoin prices bridled, short term investors (read speculators and profiteers) would certainly leave but they will be quickly replaced by long term investors interested exactly in that, i.e. in stability of prices. Gold is losing in dollar terms (i.e. dollar inflation outperforms gold prices) but does it lose its popularity, shine and appeal?
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
I don't think it will be popular, I'll leave the bitcoin because the same as real money, real money is even better because there is no need to exchange the exchanger bitcoin.
then what if bitcoin makes your life and future better? Isn't you would need to leave bitcoin and find a real job in the real world? For me bitcoin can make our future better. If bitcoin had a stable price then it would be popular for me because what if bitcoin price is stable in $1,600 now and its not dumping because it had a stable price? So definitely it would be popular because it can't dump and most is it can pump

I think by stable it meant that the price will forever be like that. What you're talking about is the ATH (All-time high) where the price can never go down. The price is just increasing. If that's backed by the supply and demand law, then the coin will definitely be popular because no matter at which point you buy, you're going to get profit. There's also a coin which is a ROM (rise only market) where the coin is set to the exchanger to have an increasing price but it's not based on a supply and demand. It's not backed by anything but mechanism and that coin didn't even become that popular/successful.
Pages:
Jump to: