Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless? - page 79. (Read 145034 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I think that that if we hit the 10k what most likely never gonna happen the fiat will not be worthless because the bitcoin is big but not so bug.
The fiat will used for ever because other currency's are also busy with coins, well that is what I heard by the way.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I think that the Bitcoin will never be used aa main currency. Fiat money is backed by governemnts and banks and it's impossible to a decentralised and poorly used digital currency to overcome it. Bitcoin is a great innovation, but not THAT great.

I think Bitcoin is really THAT great innovation, but yes I agree with you, it will never replace fiat completely, maybe in 200 years but not during our lifetime anyway. There are many ways of payment around and all of them can coexist.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
I think that the Bitcoin will never be used aa main currency. Fiat money is backed by governemnts and banks and it's impossible to a decentralised and poorly used digital currency to overcome it. Bitcoin is a great innovation, but not THAT great.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
If bitcoin price will be worth $10,000 then fiat will still more powerful.

Many will use fiat more since no doubt all bitcoiners want to convert their bitcoin if that will be the bitcoin price.

Really?
Do you see people selling their Berkshire Hathaway A shares because it is worth ~ $200.000?
Don't think so!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will not even reach that high value and that is the problem as you can see you see that the value is not even that high now and it keeps also stable so that is bad.
But the most people are hoping that the value will be more worth but we cant control it and that is the problem.
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
Well, I do not think the fiat will ever be worthless because the fiat is way too big and if the bitcoin is 10k it should still be exchangeable to fiat in my opinion.
So I do not see why it would be worthless because its just to big and a lot of people are also depending on it.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
If bitcoin price will be worth $10,000 then fiat will still more powerful.

Many will use fiat more since no doubt all bitcoiners want to convert their bitcoin if that will be the bitcoin price.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
People are afraid with the unknown, They are comfortable with what they knows and hardly be separated from FIAT. Unless banks to make the paradigm shift. lol. 
Activity: 420
I disagree with your statement. Even if the bitcoin reaches $25k or more, it is impossible to replace fiat currency.

Because, to make bitcoin to your use, you have to convert it to fiat and then only you can have fun. Remember, fiat is a government backed and legal currency, no ways, I can see it's value will be decreased. Earn in bitcoins and convert to fiat and enjoy!

Yeah i agree with you. I think the bitcoin price will not affect the fiat, and fiat always worth. Fiat is used on all country though. If the bitcoin price is $10.000, i think it only affect the bitcoin's user.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
I disagree with your statement. Even if the bitcoin reaches $25k or more, it is impossible to replace fiat currency.

Because, to make bitcoin to your use, you have to convert it to fiat and then only you can have fun. Remember, fiat is a government backed and legal currency, no ways, I can see it's value will be decreased. Earn in bitcoins and convert to fiat and enjoy!
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
Fiat will still be important and in demand since it is the most acceptable in exchanging goods and services. If all people already know about bitcoin, then it is the time that fiat will worthless.
Activity: 672
Actually, i can not agree one hundred percent with this statement .  Because it is depends the relative condition. When the price of bitcoin really increase until 10.000 dollars but the most of stores in my country still don't receive bitcoin as payment, bitcoin can not make the fiat worthless. I still need to change my bitcoin in to my own currency to use my money.
legendary
Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000
why not?
Activity: 504
if bitcoin gets to $10 000 I guess there will be a new arms race to mining. As for Fiat, what I think is that in that kind of situation everyone would be fighting to get some bitcoins.
Activity: 364
fiat worhtless?its never happen,even bitcoin reach $10,000 and its not make fiat worthless,he only way to make fiat worhtless s worl war and maybe doomsday.

It doesn't matter what value Bitcoin is at. Fiat will always be the main currency for people to use. That will most likely never change. Bitcoin is only an alternative, and that's it.

Agreed people will use bitcoin in future but that doesn't mean that people will stop using fiat, fiat is a basic necessity of people and they will use it in future too.

I'm also thinking this the bitcoin will be a lot larger these days plus the fact is that the bitcoin has a very good future.
Fiat will be alive forever in my opinion and I do not think it will change to be honest.
Activity: 798
fiat worhtless?its never happen,even bitcoin reach $10,000 and its not make fiat worthless,he only way to make fiat worhtless s worl war and maybe doomsday.

It doesn't matter what value Bitcoin is at. Fiat will always be the main currency for people to use. That will most likely never change. Bitcoin is only an alternative, and that's it.

Agreed people will use bitcoin in future but that doesn't mean that people will stop using fiat, fiat is a basic necessity of people and they will use it in future too.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Activity: 924
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?

no, fiat will never be worthless, fiat will always have it's price and people will always use them,  i don't think  that bitcoin could be main currency after some time, so fiat will still be here, bitcoin may be alternative currency only

Yes bitcoin will always be used as a secondary currency and not the primary one, as many of them even don't know about bitcoin yet, and others take time to have faith in it, fiat will always be in demand.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"

no, fiat will never be worthless, fiat will always have it's price and people will always use them,  i don't think  that bitcoin could be main currency after some time, so fiat will still be here, bitcoin may be alternative currency only

When the bitcoin becomes a dominant currency, not many people will keep or use fiat as they are devaluing all the time.
Activity: 658

Pages:
Jump to: