Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless? - page 81. (Read 145034 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Of course it will not because you can also see that the price is rising very slowly and it is almost impossible to reach that high value.
I hope later that there will be more people that also use some Bitcoin and that they have some profit. But it wont reach that value.
Activity: 490
Fiat will always be in demand and it won't care where bitcoin reaches in the future, people who are comfortable using fiat will use fiat only and not bitcoin.

In whatever way bitcoin is spread, it wont completely reach the entire population. So some don't care of bitcoin, they'll just use the fiat.
yeah however high the price of bitcoin as in the last 3 years. when the price reached $1,200 it was really a very high price. but everyone does not care much about that. they are still using fiat
unless bitcoin becomes popular or mainstream. maybe I'll see a lot of people using bitcoin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Fiat will always be in demand and it won't care where bitcoin reaches in the future, people who are comfortable using fiat will use fiat only and not bitcoin.

In whatever way bitcoin is spread, it wont completely reach the entire population. So some don't care of bitcoin, they'll just use the fiat.

They will reach all population of the world. Try to imagine bitcoin as a fiat. Fiat is well known money. Bitcoin might go there too if our technology will concquer all places of the world
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
No as not everybody uses it yet, so why would fiat ever be worthless. This would only happen if the country itself goes down in ruin. They are connected to each other. A country and it's currency. It is like it's symbiote, one can't live without the other.

Yeah bitcoin will occupy if it's rate goes that. Fiat is also worth but it will be acts like altcoin only.
But I think bitcoin will not make fiat worthless as the price you have stated for bitcoin is because of fiat. The fact is that bitcoin will achieve some high value. Think positive so you will get the answer. In my view both will exist and will be more worth.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
but if bitcoin prices become very high. bitcoin will certainly become popular then many people would be interested in trying bitcoin I'm sure of it.
but I think as gold. bitcoin will still be commodities or payment option.
Fiat will remain worthwhile

If bitcoin prices will go high then also people will convert it to fiat to hold more amount of fiat which will take their buying power to a higher level.

Yeah fiat will always exist and people who don't have knowledge about bitcoin they will use fiat or credit card but they will never use bitcoin.

If they don't get any information about how much better Bitcoin can be for them, then indeed, it won't happen. Education is the key to getting the average joe to dump their worthless debit cards where they are only building up more and more debt.
Activity: 560
That value i believe is out of the range of bitcoin,for real.If bitcoin achieve the 2000 dollars over the next 20 years i believe it will be already a huge value of bitcoin,since i dont believe bitcoin will be able to reach mainstream soo soon.Bitcoin for some its just a toy investment opportunity ,soo as long as it keeps volatil the money will be with bitcoin .Fiat system werent made yesterday soo its something that will be here till they advance to the digital time.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I think fiat will always be used by the majority of the people as bitcoin is really very new to maximum of them and it will take time for them to adopt it as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
No as not everybody uses it yet, so why would fiat ever be worthless. This would only happen if the country itself goes down in ruin. They are connected to each other. A country and it's currency. It is like it's symbiote, one can't live without the other.
Yes for each country their currency is their living symbol. Bitcoin can only capture those countries and replace their currency which are made ruined by one or another and are re-established by a bitcoin supporter.
legendary
Activity: 1008
but if bitcoin prices become very high. bitcoin will certainly become popular then many people would be interested in trying bitcoin I'm sure of it.

If bitcoin prices will go high then also people will convert it to fiat to hold more amount of fiat which will take their buying power to a higher level.

Yeah fiat will always exist and people who don't have knowledge about bitcoin they will use fiat or credit card but they will never use bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102

Activity: 532
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

No doubt about that.. those old people who are using fiat and don't want to open up to new technology would always use fiat, even us, who are collecting bitcoin, we still have that instinct to convert our coins into fiat when the price is good..so never that fiat will be worthless even when the price of bitcoin worth thousands..
legendary
Activity: 840

Yes people who find it easy to use fiat will only use fiat and people who loves bitcoin will use bitcoin but that doesn't mean people will stop using fiat.

Yeah even if the value of bitcoin is in millions we will find many users using fiat, as if they are not aware what is bitcoin then we cannot expect them to start using bitcoin.
Activity: 924

Yes people who find it easy to use fiat will only use fiat and people who loves bitcoin will use bitcoin but that doesn't mean people will stop using fiat.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

Activity: 938
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Yeah bitcoin will occupy if it's rate goes that. Fiat is also worth but it will be acts like altcoin only.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Yes I think it will be worthless but it will take years to even achieve it because its still the fiat that you are talking about.
A lot of people are using it and its not that it can just be worthless for the bitcoin, because even it it was you can still exchange them.
Activity: 812
Fiat will never be useless as long as bitcoin caa be exchanged to fiat and fiat to bitcoins it will always be dependant.

I think you are right because they still can be exchanged for each other so that is one of the things that is true.
Its just that I think fiat will be less more worth if the bitcoin goes to a higher amount because the bitcoin will than also be used more in my opinion.

Mark my words, even if the value of bitcoin reaches to the moon we will still continue to convert it to fiat and that is the reason fiat will always survive.

That's true as people from poor countries will always prefer to use fiat currency as they will find using bitcoin very difficult and we would also continue to use fiat in future too.
Pages:
Jump to: