Pages:
Author

Topic: If core bitcoin community moved from Bitcointalk to Reddit then.. - page 3. (Read 533 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Who gave you the idea that Core Bitcoin community isn't on bitcointalk? Where is the source of your information? and where is the Reddit community that they moved to?

Core Bitcoin community is still on bitcointalk you are just looking in the wrong board, browse through the forum and you will find out yourself.
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 7
global marketer and strategist
Where did you get that impression? I’d genuinely be interested in knowing the arguments that back the assertion stated in the OP, as well as the scope of "core" in it’s context.

I got this impression from several sources. Some related to tracking sentiment on Bitcoin generally for prospective investors. Others for marketing and promoting ICO and STO projects.
And in Feb there was a piece about a third of referrals dropping in one month to bitcointalk.org
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcointalk-lost-third-users-february-004501426.html

So as a newbie I see a lot of discussion and activity IMO. But not able to compare to 2-3 years ago activity. 
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
It is an absurd idea without significant benefits and it will  likely spur further chaos since we all all knew bitcointalk.org is the premier

forum to tackle  everything related to Bitcoin. Reddit  is not designed to handle in-depth discussions  in a forum like manner just like

what bitcointalk.org offers. Imho.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
If Bitcointalk is dead because "core bitcoin community moved from Bitcointalk to Reddit" then
who are all these people now having discussions on Bitcointalk? Asking for a friend..

Does your "friend's" name start with an R and end with an R? Just curious.  Roll Eyes

I think the question is more hypothetical in the sense that where the discussions will take place in case Bitcointalk no longer exists, but there is no reason to expect that this will ever happen. I'm pretty sure that in the worst case scenario the community will bring it back to life in some form or shape.

One thing is sure, they will NOT be taking place on bitchcoin dot com's forum.  Wink
copper member

This is a good forum, you just need to look in the right boards.
Yes good point. It seems a common message is this forum is on decline from its high point.
Not as relevant for crypto and blockchain insight. To me it seems pretty active. 
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Where did you get that impression? I’d genuinely be interested in knowing the arguments that back the assertion stated in the OP, as well as the scope of "core" in it’s context.

Besides the quality side to discussions that can be taking place in one and another platform, there is also the quantitate side. On this latter measure, I’ve come across a site that claims to provide stats on reddit, and for Bitcoin it shows as follows: https://subredditstats.com/r/Bitcoin If the numbers are true, the interesting ones would be Comments per Day (917) and Posts per Day (146). I’m not a Reddit user, so I can’t tell if those numbers are good, great or what.

Quality comparison wise I where it would be interesting to expand, and that is why I wanted to know what backed the initial OP' assertion.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
If Bitcointalk is dead because "core bitcoin community moved from Bitcointalk to Reddit" then
who are all these people now having discussions on Bitcointalk? Asking for a friend..

There are many developers from Bitcoin core who still use this forum,  so I don't think your information is correct.

This is a good forum, you just need to look in the right boards. This board is a bad one, but technical discussion and support boards, for example, are very good.
copper member
Pages:
Jump to: