Pages:
Author

Topic: If Greece defaults - page 13. (Read 45224 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
June 27, 2015, 08:49:30 PM
According to reports, the amount of money that seems to have fled from the ATMs just today is estimated to be around 1 billion euros
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
June 27, 2015, 08:16:17 PM
they are screwed right? what will happen after they will leave the eurozone? their citizen will go abroad? or there is a chance that they can start from zero?

surely those without money need to do somethign if they do not want to die...

in my view the normal Greek citizen has been taking all his cash out of the banks etc as we speak and sitting on Euros just in case

its what I'd do ...

unfortunately, no.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-26/its-2-morning-and-greeks-are-lining-atms-alpha-limits-online-banking

Yeah I can confirm there are lines in banks, because people is so delusional that they waited until the last moment to get their money out. If I was in Greece, I would have been getting money in small amounts since at least 3 months ago until I got all of it out. Source: some Greek friend.

I think there was some false hope provided to some when Russia offered the oil deal with Greece last week. Then I guess every remembered that the deadline is on Tuesday and rushed the ATMs after they announced again there would be no extension on the deadline.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
June 27, 2015, 08:11:31 PM
they are screwed right? what will happen after they will leave the eurozone? their citizen will go abroad? or there is a chance that they can start from zero?

in my view the normal Greek citizen has been taking all his cash out of the banks etc as we speak and sitting on Euros just in case

its what I'd do ...

unfortunately, no.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-26/its-2-morning-and-greeks-are-lining-atms-alpha-limits-online-banking

Yeah I can confirm there are lines in banks, because people is so delusional that they waited until the last moment to get their money out. If I was in Greece, I would have been getting money in small amounts since at least 3 months ago until I got all of it out. Source: some Greek friend.

If I was in Greece, I would have been getting money in big amounts since at least 5 years ago until I got all of it out.

but people must undergo this:

Yes, anyone with economic knowledge would have seen this happening since 2008-2009 after the first crash, but I guess most people don't pay attention to economic trends, but evne "normal" people that don't care about the economy should have seen as obvious 3 months ago that the time to start considering getting some cash out was now (as in 3 months ago).
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
June 27, 2015, 12:46:52 PM

its what I'd do ...

unfortunately, no.

If I was in Greece, I would have been getting money in big amounts since at least 5 years ago until I got all of it out.

but people must undergo this:

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
June 27, 2015, 12:38:14 PM

its what I'd do ...

unfortunately, no.

legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
June 27, 2015, 09:16:36 AM

its what I'd do ...

unfortunately, no.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 27, 2015, 08:41:28 AM
Creating the euro was an attempt to restrain the states, that is, they wanted to create sound money. It somewhat worked, but then the european central bank was taken over by bandits, and they set out to destroy the soundness of the euro. A coup d'etat. Draghi is the suspect.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
June 27, 2015, 08:35:51 AM
If Greece defaults - will be similar to some African countries. International funds will not give money to Greece and nothing more.  Grin

Firstly not sure why you find the above funny as a lot of hard working honest normal people are going to suffer.

Im sure Greece existed and prospered pre EU and scamming bankers for 1000's of years.

They need to tell them to stick the debt, default and make a fresh start with their own currency working with Russia/China.

Fuck the bankers.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 27, 2015, 08:31:43 AM

its what I'd do ...

now as to those not quick enough for this ...and Greece defaults for real...well I say there will be a big take notice moment for BTC at that moment

not sure how that will play out at that point in that most of the ship would have sunk ..but still ....its something Smiley

(then again I know squat)
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 27, 2015, 08:27:42 AM
If Greece defaults - will be similar to some African countries. International funds will not give money to Greece and nothing more.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 27, 2015, 08:23:45 AM

If they leave the Eurozone, these will be the benefits:

1. They will be able to sell their agricultural products to Russia, which was one of their main buyers before the sanctions.
2. They can go ahead with the construction of the Turkish Stream pipeline, which can bring an advance payment from the Russians.
3. They will be able to attract investment from China, Russia.etc, without obeying to the strict EU policies.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
June 27, 2015, 05:17:29 AM
they cant and never will pay back the debt in € (about 380  billion € as i read) .

they will have their own weak currency which is good for greece. with that they can rebuild their economy.

europe cant pay hunderts of billions to other countries will different laws & rules. that is lunatic.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 27, 2015, 03:30:02 AM

surely those without money need to do something if they do not want to die...
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
June 27, 2015, 02:03:01 AM

If Greece defaults then a few days after if the Greek government steps in with Capital controls and bank slowdowns on withdrawals etc

then you may see if ONLY perceived by the worldwide press to sell some of the usual eyeballs to their sites with the usual FUD

well BTC could spike on such..... but I suspect a lot of folk have ALREADY  got out a lot of their stuff in euros and thus this

may not be as big as a surprise as what happened in Cyprus on this kinda issue

once burnt don't ya know

but again if it all goes 'pear shaped' here in the next couple weeks If I was some Greek folk.... talk of BTC would be very
interesting indeed to move some $$$ to say a trusted relative in the USA or some such

but so far with BTC price I see no action so perhaps this potential FUD is already built into the price of current BTC

(the ways of crypto are mysterious to me) Smiley

According to statistics, half the deposits are still there. It is always too late for somebody, those who think the state will not let them down, to the degree of confiscating everyting.

Are you prepared?

that is the thing that suprise me the most...i cant believe that some people have to jump from the cliff - they will never do something to protect themselfs.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 27, 2015, 01:46:49 AM
It is actually game over!

The Greek government earlier rejected the proposals, aimed at avoiding the country defaulting on its debt.

Greece has to make a €1.5bn ($1.7bn; £1.06bn) IMF debt repayment on 30 June.

In the speech, Mr Tsipras said: "These proposals, which clearly violate the European rules and the basic rights to work, equality and dignity show that the purpose of some of the partners and institutions was not a viable agreement for all parties, but possibly the humiliation of an entire people."

1) Work; no right, you have to offer your service on the market.

2) Equality; no right, impossible, all people are different.

3) Dignity. Check. (provided you respect other's rights).

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 27, 2015, 01:03:18 AM
well you exposed right this factors greece its in a tie rope now for the coins but its will of democracy must be retained soo there will be exterior help in future and the porblem its the devalues the UE and italy and ireland and spain and portugal to also get out of the euro its a chain of rections the greece power thouards to democracy its a big icon
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 27, 2015, 12:46:37 AM
Greece can't pay back its debt, because its major revenue sources are dead. Consider these:

1. Export of Greek agricultural products to Russia: Banned by Russia, in retaliation to the EU sanctions. Greek farmers are losing huge amounts of money, as there is no one to buy their products.

2. Corporate tax: Declining, as the tax increases have left many of the businesses unprofitable.

3. Turkish Stream pipeline: The Greeks would have got €1.5 billion to €2 billion in transit fees from this pipeline, but once again, the EU is blocking the construction of this pipeline.

4. Tourism revenues: Declining, as the EU sanctions on Russia has halved the number of Russian visitors.
Activity: 381
Merit: 255
June 26, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
It is actually game over!

The Greek government earlier rejected the proposals, aimed at avoiding the country defaulting on its debt.

Greece has to make a €1.5bn ($1.7bn; £1.06bn) IMF debt repayment on 30 June.

In the speech, Mr Tsipras said: "These proposals, which clearly violate the European rules and the basic rights to work, equality and dignity show that the purpose of some of the partners and institutions was not a viable agreement for all parties, but possibly the humiliation of an entire people."
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 26, 2015, 06:06:11 PM

Hahaha thats a really nice artwork, please post it on facebook or twitter, we need alot of people to see this, its very hilarious, and in the same time it would help bring attention to Bitcoin from Greece!
Pages:
Jump to: