Pages:
Author

Topic: If i send my bitcoins to a wrong address, what happens? - page 10. (Read 18043 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?
Say bye bye to your Bitcoin! Coz it's almost a hundred percent you won't retrieve you Bitcoin. That's just how it is in this system. So we should be overly sure before sending our coins..
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
In that case you have lost your coins. Before submitting the address anywhere, check it twice or thrice, then only send the coins. I don't think that it is possible to change the code in bitcoin.
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?
You just need to be really attentive, so that this does not happen to you. Hope you will be.
Activity: 391
When you accidentally sent it to a wrong address it'll be lost, I'm not sure if there's a way for it can be retrieved. If you sent an address that belongs to a person, they'll be having bitcoins for free. But if not, your Bitcoins would be lost and a big loss for you, better make sure to send the right address. Think before you click!
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Hi!
if you are get an a wrong address i think your money is gonna be lost because every thing you got a wrong that will be never be right so if you have mistake just be calm and got big exchange in to your looses!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
strangers may not want to return it.
Activity: 686
Simple: you can lost forever the bitcoin, so before sending bitcoin verify twice the address
And remember that BTC, BCH BTG etc, have different type of addresses
Fortunately I never made this mistake Smiley
Activity: 68
If you send the wrong bitcoins to the wrong address. well the person who owns that address will get the bitcoins and you will lose your bitcoins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
https://exiptoken.io/
hi,
if that wrong BTC address is an existing address that person is going to receive free BTC and then yeah, you will lose your BTC. Smiley   
Activity: 224
as soon as you confirm the transaction is gone and you will probably make the day of the receiver; you might be able to find the owner of the address but that's it, if he's an honest person he might send it back because he recognized the mistake but i wouldn't hold my breath on it, there are a lot of honest persons around but when it's down to BTC and the current market place it's very hard.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
That would be one of your most regrettable mistakes. Accidentally sending Bitcoin to a wring address is irreversible. If you sent your Bitcoin to a wrong Bitcoin address, the recepient will be surprise and happy especially if the amount was very high. If you sent your Bitcoin to other address which is not Bitcoin's, I don't know where in the universe your Bitcoin will go so be careful evertime you transact. Make sure that you are putting the right address.  Always double check it.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The reciever will be the luckiest person in the world. Free bitcoin for him and a loss for you. But dont do that cause your wasting your money.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
It's likely to get a jackpot to any random wallet holder if the address is valid. There is no point in making any change in the network infrastructure to manipulate it in such way to revert the coins. However, if you are sending coins to any exchange or website and sending the wrong amount then you can contact the website and ask them to alter the deposit amount but there is no such provision in case of the wrong address. There is an interesting story in this regard, 111 BTC AS FEES (don't do raw tx's when you're tired).
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
I once sent a small amount of BTC to my BCH address instead of my BTC address in an exchange, the transaction was successful and my coin was gone. I never could get an answer as to whether they were lost in space or if they went to someone else’s BTC wallet. The exchange said they could possibly help but the recovery fee was more than the amount I sent. Turned out to be a blessing as I am super careful now.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
That would be an epic way to start a day. The recipient would be so happy if it happens and a sad a for you. There's no way you can retrieve that unless you knew that person. To avoid losing money make sure that the address you are encoding is correct. Such error can cost you fortune. Just be careful in every transaction you'll make.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
Sadly I cannot think of any remedy for that. All I know is when you mistakenly send your Bitcoins to a wrong address, you have no other recourse UNLESS you get to know the IP address of the wrong recipient. It would be very hard judging on the presence of Bitcoins in the market nowadays. Hence, it is true when they say prevention is better that cure. You have whence be very cautious in sending Bitcoins online for chances are you never get to have those back. It will then be an expensive lesson to learn.
Activity: 812
just as you lose money on the road, it will be hard to come back again, and you will definitely lose your bitcoin. What will happen ?
bitcoin you lost, especially if the value is large, and will live a day full of remorse.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i love my family
Hi!
sad to say in that case only you are liable on mistakes once it done you can never get back your bitcoins. better double check it always before confirming any transactions...
Activity: 289
Of course if you send the wrong address then your money will disappear because the blockchain technology does not allow you to refund BTC . I think you should recognize this lesson and soon draw lots of experience when participating in cryptocurrency
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
Bitcoin address is made to safely keep the owner's info, unless you want to expose the big holders, lol that is why when you send bitcoin wrongly, there is no way for you to check whether the address is correct or not as much as you cant have a refund in case of wrong sent. Just be careful when you send.
Pages:
Jump to: