Pages:
Author

Topic: If i send my bitcoins to a wrong address, what happens? - page 7. (Read 18043 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?
I think after send your bitcoin in wrong address u have to forget your bitcoins beacuse it's gone. u never going have it back once its gone. so better this will not happen.
Activity: 864
Merit: 284
If you send bitcoin to a wrong address you will loss your bitcoin and the wrong address will receive your bitcoin. And it can not canceled. Except you know the address you send and maybe you can call the people who have its address and you can ask them to send back your bitcoin to you. But if you dont know who the people has its address you must sincere because your bitcoin is loss 😁😁
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?

How I wish your suggestion will be taken into consideration. But I really doubt they would install such feature. Bitcoin has been in existence for a long time already, almost 10 years all in all. Never had I heard of such additional feature. So we just have to be very careful, double check every single address in every transaction so that not even a little amount of BTC will go to waste by simple errors. If the BTC you are sending are sent on a valid and used address then it will be made available to the owner of the address. But if it is sent on an invalid address that it will forever be gone.
Activity: 134
Merit: 18
Hi!
Then the one who owns that address is lucky because he or she receive money even though he is not doing anything. There is no way you can get it again if you don't know the one who received your bitcoin.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
Hi!

I think that is you bad day because I think that no one can back that, that is your fault so it will not be back but for the user that recieve it, he or she is very lucky because he got that without doing anything. Beware to put your address because there is no solution if you got it wrong.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Don't think about it.and I have no idea about it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
Hi!

I think that would be very bad for you but i guess a very excellent day for that soneone who would have coins appearing out of nowhere and then you would lose it. I guess that is something that all of is would not want no matter how rich we get in bitcoin
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
Hi!
Always remember in your self this  "slowly but surely" so you need to check 3-5 times before you send and i think if you have a trust wallet like coin base you can contact their team to refund or to get your money or bitcoin again .
Activity: 118
Merit: 5
You probably lose all your coins sent if you enter a wrong address, that's why it is so important to double check the address entered before you clicking the 'send' button even though you copy and paste it. (P.S. I am going to create few more addresses just in case some careless users enter the wrong address Grin)
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
It is not possible to mistype a particular wallet address, and if we send it to an unauthorized address, every transaction will fail. Unless we store the Bitcoin address with another file and you mistakenly copied the address you are addressing and the address is valid, the transaction will be successful automatically. Unfortunately you will lose Bitcoin for mis-delivery, so be more careful and more careful before sending your Bitcoin.

Yeah, it is necessary to use copy-paste technique for BTC addresses. At the same time it is necessary to check the first and last letters of your address.
Activity: 378
If you send bitcoins to a wrong address then you lost your coins forever and never get back. So becareful in future and check recever address twice before send btc to any other account.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Hi!

yes, your coin get lost and happy day for someone get your coins. so i just wanna say beware before you input your address, if you get an address wrong, you can lost your coin, and cant get back..
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
It is not possible to mistype a particular wallet address, and if we send it to an unauthorized address, every transaction will fail. Unless we store the Bitcoin address with another file and you mistakenly copied the address you are addressing and the address is valid, the transaction will be successful automatically. Unfortunately you will lose Bitcoin for mis-delivery, so be more careful and more careful before sending your Bitcoin.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
     If you send your bitcoin to a wrong address then this address is valid no doubt that you cannot get it back unless the owner of the wrong address you have sent has a kind heart and he/ she will give it back to you. So,be carefull to send,check the wallet several times before you send.
Activity: 127
That's mean you lost the bitcoins already. If the person is a good guys. he will send it back to the same address. I think no one will do it. Be careful next time. Check the address twice.
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
Are you all going to answer to this guy? it is obviously that there is no way to recover that money once that you send the funds.

It works by the same way as if you send money to a different bank account on your bank.. It is exactly the same, there is no way to recover those funds.

Well, if the receiver decides to give you your money back, you are probably one of the 1%.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
Yeah you might want to take that comment with a grain of salt. Your particle analogy seems a bit exaggerated though.
There are somewhere between 10^72 an 10^87 particles in the universe. The keyspace is 2^160, or around 10^48. So yeah, it is exaggerated.

I'm not sure what's more amusing...The original question, or the geeky sidebar  Wink
Activity: 142
Merit: 11
please make shure you send them to me i can always use a few more satoshi.........
adress  36Q1SuhGE7DiszmxWjRDviVDa748Q4GEVd  donations are always welcome , merry hoho
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Hi!

It depends. One thing is sure, you don't have those coins anymore. If the address you have sent is owned by someone (he has private key), he will receive the funds and he can use them as he seems fit. And the changes you are proposing are not good for the following reason: what would stop someone from buying something, and after receiving the goods proclaiming the transaction as erroneous and receiving the funds back?
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
From what I have heard they are lost for ever into the bitcoin void.

Yes they are totally lost forever, there's no way to recover it and how on this world you will be able to send into a wrong address? Each address are very unique and I find it odd if you'll be sending to a wrong address at all. This rarely happens but it has 0.01% chance of happening especially if that person is just keep on copy pasting address and if he's affected with a malware that changes the wallet address after copying.

Or you could have sent them to someone and if hes really honest he can send them back. But the probability of that happening is pretty slim.
This is the only way, only few people remain to be honest but still there is still humanity.
Pages:
Jump to: