Pages:
Author

Topic: If i send my bitcoins to a wrong address, what happens? - page 9. (Read 18043 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 258
According to their policy, you cannot recover any amount once you already send it. In other words your money will receive by anonymous person cannot be subject of restitution of a thing.
Through this we need to check every detail and review it wisely to avoid some mistakes like this.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?

Bye bye BTC. Its a very good day for him.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?
If you send bitcoins to a wrong address you lost your money because there is no no way to find who picked it up and no legal recourse to ask for it back.

Its gone.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Jika kita mengirim bitcoin ke alamat yang salah, maka kita tidak akan mendapatkan apa apa dan koin kita tidak akan kembali,mimpi kita untuk mendapatkan coin sebanyak banyanya akan lenyap.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
this is a joke or what , If you sent your bitcoins to a wrong address in that case you will be lost your coins and you cant refund your balance .
Activity: 245
The Future Of Work
Hi!

Its either their lost specially if you don't know the address you've sent to or just withdraw it in that wallet and withdraw the coins.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Well most likely that address will receive the bitcoins that you have mistakenly sent and once a transaction is made in bitcoin it can't be reverse like paypal that can be used for scams. That's when sending bitcoin to someone you should always double check or triple check to avoid this kinds of disasters.
Activity: 1210
that happens you will experience a thing full of sadness, yes ,, because I think losing bitcoin is more sorry than losing gold.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
if you send to a wrong address , you will never get back your coin and lose your coin forever

this is the same as burning coin action , check carefully before when you send bitcoin to an address

I think he can try double spend by generating instantly another transaction to another correct address with much higher fee. He has the chance of getting confirmed in the second transaction.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
Hi!

When you send Bitcoins to a wrong but valid address, the account you send to receives the bitcoin but no guarantee of receiving back your bitcoins. It is as good as gone. So, it is better to just the cut and paste option instead going through the rigor of writing out which is prone to errors mist of the time. But I am still of the thought that an option be made available for complaints so as to treat issues with wrongfully  sent transactions with both sides able to attest to this.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
if you send to a wrong address , you will never get back your coin and lose your coin forever

this is the same as burning coin action , check carefully before when you send bitcoin to an address
Activity: 123
Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will
Wrong address = Lost Bitcoins = You are sad/Angry = Will be Cautious the NEXT time = Lesson Learned = DONT DO IT AGAIN = GET BAcK TO LIFE
On the other side of the universe
Wrong Address = Valid Bitcoin address = Owner Happy = Praises the Lord = encash the Bitcoin = spends money = GET back to life (hoping for more misstakes)
Activity: 476
Merit: 112
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
I say it is very difficult,. just like someone who sends money to the wrong account, it will not come back again.and it happens, will lose your bitcoin, and you must be very sad.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
strangers may not want to return it.

Specially when you really have no other source but his address. Well if in this forum you can still run after that guy specially when you know his account name here and you can report it here. But of course if you don't want this thing to happen to you, you really have to be more careful.
Activity: 420
it a big failed if you do that, sending bitcoin is no comeback because it is untracable you cannot make it back when you send bitcoin with wrong address because they will think that you are scammer or hacker. sending bitcoin is very important because theres no other way to withdraw bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Then you are doom. You're lucky if you're able to get in touch to the owner of that address and send it back to you. But if not, you've just lost your coins. Be careful next time when transacting your coins.
Activity: 63
Of course that particular address will receive the bitcoins. Lucky for you if you know who owns that address and send it back to you, or your coins are totally gone. Let that experience teach you to be more careful next time you send coins. So move on and start earning again.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Interesting thread.
Funny I never thought of this for over a year.
Activity: 784
You can forget about them and next time more carefully check the invoice, where to send bitcoins.
Activity: 868
Merit: 267
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Hi!
if you enter the wrong wallet, your funds will be lost, because the bitcoin transaction system has been determined like that, no refunds unless there is a bad transaction as happened some time yesterday the transaction has not been confirmed until 3 days my funds back to the wallet. I've also encountered a wrong sending bitcoin address, and my funds are gone. It can be an experience.
Pages:
Jump to: