Pages:
Author

Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin? - page 22. (Read 19653 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
If Satoshi comes out in the open, no one can predict whether it will be beneficial or detrimental for Bitcoin. For example, if he is someone with a past criminal activity, then it can affect the reputation of Bitcoin. Also, it will be interesting to see how the authorities react. In all probability, they will try to jail him for challenging the fiat money system.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Could see the potential for them to figure out who he is and force him to play ball or get the Snowden treatment. Reflecting on the issue for some time because it seems to be a ongoing issue knowing who he/she could be I came to the conclusion it was not a good thing for his safety.
If its not the government that do him in,there are people that would think he is sitting on valuable info or bitcoins that could be worth their well to attempt kidnapping him/her.
If Satoshi was to come forward and not have any of those things happen I would be shocked but going back to government...
I would treat him the way I treat apple after they claimed not to hand over a way to get into that terrorists cellphone. It was suspect and I would suspect he/she also had given the government a way to circumvent bitcoin when the time was needed. Call me a tinfoil hat thinker but I tend to think that way about a lot of stuff. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
What do you think that will happen once the real Satoshi reveals himself (and proves that he created Bitcoin)? Will Bitcoin ever be the same? Will governments try to pursue Satoshi and put him in jail?

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: