Pages:
Author

Topic: If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? - page 2. (Read 3243 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I think that if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, any POW coin would be out of my mind to switch to. Why? Well it seems to me that POW coins get centralized much easier.

If Bitcoin was to go down, I would like if everyone turned to the POS. I mean, rafical change will be needed. Out of all the POS, my vote goes for NXT. Their hardworking community deserves the chance. Also they are the only one that keep delivering all the promised features. I do own some NXT, so I might be biased.

There's the issue of a tiny amount of people being in control of the supply of POS coins. Some have done a better job than others but a properly developed POW coin democratises it a bit. Having said that I don't think BTC qualifies for that either.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I think that if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, any POW coin would be out of my mind to switch to. Why? Well it seems to me that POW coins get centralized much easier.

If Bitcoin was to go down, I would like if everyone turned to the POS. I mean, rafical change will be needed. Out of all the POS, my vote goes for NXT. Their hardworking community deserves the chance. Also they are the only one that keep delivering all the promised features. I do own some NXT, so I might be biased.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
If Bitcoin disappeared my first alternative choice would be Litecoin. But that preference is driven by choosing the next most valuable option. If Doge coin becomes more valuable than Litecoin, Dogecoin would be my choice.

The coin that has the greatest value will always prevail.

You should turn this post into a poll so we can all see how the responses align across all major alternative cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin is a better cryptocurrency than Litecoin and Dogecoin, so if something bad happens to bitcoin, then litecoin, dogecoin, and any cryptocurrency else could get into the same situation sooner or later imo.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Hi,

I wonder If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? is there any good cryptocurrencies out there ? and you are planning to use ? or are you waiting for a new crypto ?

Thank u.

If something bad happens to Bitcoin I'll be switching to Paycoin (XPY) its the fork of Bitcoin that XT wishes it was!  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
If Bitcoin disappeared my first alternative choice would be Litecoin. But that preference is driven by choosing the next most valuable option. If Doge coin becomes more valuable than Litecoin, Dogecoin would be my choice.

The coin that has the greatest value will always prevail.

You should turn this post into a poll so we can all see how the responses align across all major alternative cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Monero without a doubt, for the privacy aspect, and automatic block size adjustment as features that are already better than bitcoin.

There is so much development going on in the Monero sphere that I don't think any other alt comes close.

It's the only other crypto that I own right now. I don't have to wait for the end of the world in bitcoin to invest/hedge in another crypto.

legendary

Unless it is very obvious that there would be a better crypto-candidate, should Bitcoin fail I would be OUT.  At least for a while.

On some of the other threads (in "Economics") there is talk of better coins coming.  We'll see.
There will be many cryptocurrency subjects in some universities on this world, so I guess the graduated people from there would make a better coin someday or atleast they will try to innovate bitcoin in future. Just my guess.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
if something bad really happened to bitcoin i will move to litecoin right away Cheesy
or that killer alt that cause bitcoin to be that bad
legendary
Welt Am Draht
If something happened to bitcoin. I think the 2nd option would be litecoin.

But I doubt we would get many new users. If the best and oldest coin can't live then that sets a bad example for the other coins.

Community and pedigree is what BTC has. That's borderline impossible to import or replicate but perhaps if enough people migrated and fresh blood came on board it might work. It's 50/50 whether people might regard it as a new dawn or the start of another failure though.

But what if one day we have another "Big debate" like the one we currently are having?

I am hopping we figure something out soon. Otherwise the bitcoin community is going to be divided in half

I was talking about moving to a new coin. Bitcoin is kind of making it up as it goes along. If a new coin were to take over it would have to demonstrate there were no future stumbling blocks. No one wants a repeat of this shit.
Activity: 462

But I doubt we would get many new users. If the best and oldest coin can't live then that sets a bad example for the other coins.

Community and pedigree is what BTC has. That's borderline impossible to import or replicate but perhaps if enough people migrated and fresh blood came on board it might work. It's 50/50 whether people might regard it as a new dawn or the start of another failure though.

But what if one day we have another "Big debate" like the one we currently are having?

I am hopping we figure something out soon. Otherwise the bitcoin community is going to be divided in half
legendary
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 462

legendary
Welt Am Draht

Unless it is very obvious that there would be a better crypto-candidate, should Bitcoin fail I would be OUT.  At least for a while.

On some of the other threads (in "Economics") there is talk of better coins coming.  We'll see.

Maybe enough's been learnt to come up with a coin that's ready to go for any eventual possibility straight out of the box. The more beatings BTC takes the more others can pick up from it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
If bitcoin goes, there probably is a killer-alt which has been developed.
I would probably switch to that alt.  Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If something bad happens to Bitcoin, then I'll stop using crypto-currencies all together.  Grin

If the best crypto-currency is unable to survive, then how the others are going to do us any good? Death of Bitcoin will be the death of all crypto, period. Without Bitcoin, the crypto-currency payment method will be obsolete.

I was thinking exactly the same... It's strange that it took almost 8 hours for this reaction to come  Tongue

In this case, many people have come a real panic. Grin
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
If bitcoin get lowered,I will try to switch for another stable altcoin coin Like Litecoin or Stellar for example.
But IMO if bitcoin lowered, another altcoin will also got lowered either
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Litecoin. Is fast and quite established, which shows that there is some interest in it. And like the name  Smiley
legendary
If you mean bitcoin will lost its value, then I dont want to use any cryptocurrency again, since I think bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency. But if you mean bitcoin will be changed to new cryptocurrency which it is better and stronger, then I will prefer to use the new one.
Activity: 742
Unobtanium, no doubt. Very small and clean chain due to low numbers (not even 1GB after 2 years running), secure network and 3 minute blocks does three times or more what btc does in tps - and faster - and less inflationary. I'm asking myself since ages why people don't switch to it and instead go through the pain with the bitcoin halving and high inflation. It's basically a faster bitcoin with lower max coins and less inflation. Unobtanium is Bitcoin on steroids. Also miners would need to go somewhere with their hardware and Uno is second strongest sha-network after btc.

Alternative Primecoin runs like clockwork. Fast, reliable, very good coin to sink money into. Never hardforked to my knowledge. Backed by botnet power - these lights don't go out.

Both coins huge unrealized potential imo - and i have looked at a lot of coins, man. All the rest is fucking crap for being a store of value (which is, i think one of the main purposes of a currency).

Also people have to go somewhere immediately in case btc fails, not in 2 or 3 years. We don't have time to wait for promises or new coins. We have to take what's on the market now when btc fails. I think the crypto-landscape could be much more interesting again for speculators after a bitcoin fail. Overall marketcap probably will drop to the floor for a little while but later we'll see healthy competition and good pumps i'm sure.

Altcoins need to step up their game.
Pages:
Jump to: