Pages:
Author

Topic: If the BTC crash, will it take every other coin with it? - page 3. (Read 1763 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 100
Yes, when the BTC goes down, all the others follow it.
But, I think we will soon see one of the coins so strong that it can replace the Bitcoin.
Then, this effect will not work.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
i think it can take with him litecoin, because ltc little brother of bitcoin.
it can be if some vulnerability will find on btc's blockchain
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

I do not think so. Bitcoin if it crashes There will be other coins to become king. Our life now requires encryption.
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
I don't think that Bitcoin is going to crash because it has a solid developer's team and many fans since the start of this crypto world. Even if it crashes, this new era of cryptos and blockchain is to stay. Many of the alts will survive and new promising coins are going to come to continue what bitcoin and the others started. So I think you have not to worry much about it, just choose the alts you invest with care, and try to avoid the scams.
Activity: 602
This is likely, because now the dominance of the market crypto all the same for bitcoin, so I think that if all the same we see such a bad event, then probably nothing good after this will not happen for another 5 years
Activity: 85
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
BTC is the king of crypto, so yes, if btc crashes it does effect all the market, basically people start selling all there holdings in panic and cashout there investment in loss resulting in overall reduction in the market cap.

I was also thinking same up till last month but somehow I have changed my point of view. Because even when btc was falling, there were some altcoins going higher. That made me think that even if btc crashes, there is still chance that solid coins can survive.
Activity: 224
yes maybe it will but that is not safe. there are different reasons why the market can fall or rise but at the moment there won't be a crash soon but nobody knows for sure, if a crash is a correction or otherwise... good night or day
Activity: 8
Not all altcoins will dump also, those altcoins with strong fundamentals will still go up. That's why it is suggestible you have always bitcoin on your portfolio atleast 20% - 50% so when the times right now comes almost of the coin are going down you can go shopping and it will give an easy profit.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
Btc is the foundation of all the cryptocurrencies the first of its kind,alts were based in its alogarithm but if the BTC has crashed morelikely most of the alts are going to follow its footstep especially the ones that has no working product/servives in real life.So i suggest stick with some solid alts you are believe BTC will decline in the future,but with the development of these new alts some will survive from the BTC's crash.
Activity: 42
I just hope someday, that altcoins will stop being pegged to btc. Cos as long as it is so, most altcoins will really find it hard if btc ever crashes... 😎
Activity: 38
Im afraid the fact that BTC going down as you put it  - & takeing all the ALTS with it - does mean it has a future. I dont personally have a huge investment in BTC but it certainly has value... maybe not utiltity - however with the number of DEVs they have I would give it the respect it should deserve.

Hopefully February brings us all some upwards progress !!  Grin
Activity: 196
Yes I think if bitcoin crash than it will take other with it, because bitcoin is the only coin in the cryptocurrency and other are only altcoin,without bitcoin other altcoin will not survive.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

The only reason the cryptocurrency market has been popular in the last few months is due to how huge bitcoin became and how its price skyrocketed over the last year, before that there was not as many people involved in this market like today, first the chances of bitcoin falling are low, because its price is way higher than any other cryptocurrency there is, so there will always be people investing in it, and if it does than it will defentily have a huge impact on the market, and we will defenitly see the prices of the other cryptocurrencies gow down as well, but sooner or later another one will start going up again and take the place of bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
the whole story around cryptocurrency began with Bitcoin. So it is strange of the author to say he does't see any future of the coin. BTC is the God in this world, and the author is an atheist who goes to church just not to stand out of the crowd. Pretty a bad comparison, i never meant to hurt anyones'feelings, but the idea stays clear.
Activity: 112
Merit: 72
"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!
I'm a true believer in the big coins, and soon they will provide many of the functions that altcoins provide. If btc crashes it won't die, I can't say the same for the majority of altcoins. Personally I think we have two years before the cull starts.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
Considering that most, if not all, alt coins were derived from BTC, it would probably follow that it takes down the value of other coins if it crashes. It's all a balancing act if you ask me. It would also be best to check trends/charts to see what happens to alt coins if BTC experiences a dip or surge.
Merit: 257
When bitcoins crashes it affects the crypto currencies a lot but they recover fast.This drop was caused by recent correction of bitcoins as they increased very fast in small period of time.And as bitcoins drops it creates opportunity to buy bitcoins in cheaper rates so I think people might sell their other coins to invest in bitcoins.Altcoins also crashes as many people panic sell due to bitcoin drop.
Merit: 11
Other coins are base on value of a product or service been offered, so if BTC is going down it won't have any effect on other coins. Even if Bitcoins is found down, other coins will have to go up because traders will be withdrawing for a safe haven to put their money
Activity: 308
Bitcoin is the most important crypto currency, if it goes down - everything goes down. This is due to the fact that at a certain time, many traders withdraw money. Recently there was a new year, everyone needed money to celebrate, make presents to family and friends. In this regard, there was a large volume of sales, which significantly reduced the cost of bitcoins.
But when there will be money - traders will start buying bitcoins, because it is now cheap, the demand for it will be and the price will increase.
This is the psychology of cryptoexchange))
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
Why would Bitcoin crash and die in the first place? There are many interesting projects out there but it is really difficult to guess which one would take most of the Bitcoin users. Ethereum was not designed for handling daily transactions which we could see when the cryptokitties were released. Usually, every Bitcoin correction leads to temporary crash of alts which recover pretty quickly so it is easy to profit if you choose a proper altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: