Pages:
Author

Topic: If the BTC crash, will it take every other coin with it? - page 5. (Read 1763 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 13
we all know bitcoin is the main factor that can effect the price of most of coins on the market, bitcoin plays an important role in definition of cryptocurrencies, so whenever hapen to the price of bitcoin then the entire market will be effected heavily, we usually see bitcoin price drops drastically everymonth that it takes along with the drops of almost every altcoins on the market.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

Naturally, when there is a drop in the price of Btc other altcoins fall in price after him, especially after many bitcoin forks. Of course, you can withdraw your assets to the fiats at any time.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
You bet if Bitcoin goes down, 99% of alts will go down with it. Mainly because anyway they train mainly in Bitcoin pairs. Plus the world still knows crypto only as Bitcoin, and sees all alts as copies or immature technology or tokens, thanks to ICOs.

Of course, there are periods where Bitcoin drops while alts rise, this is when majority of people are buying alts with Bitcoin (this is why sometimes to go long on alts is to go short on BTC, and vice versa).
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
Yes it does, look at the current charts.
But may I ask you why you don't believe in the future of Bitcoin?
In my opinion there isn't one coin better than Bitcoin, altcoins are just copies of Bitcoin with no history.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
As the market matures, the utility tokens, dividend tokens and speculative coins should start to have a different behaviour. At the moment, all coins are paired with BTC in most exchanges and the stupid trading bots keep correlating even Ethereum to Bitcoin.

Correlation makes sense when two investments are near-substitutes, that is if one is to expensive, people would choose the other as a suitable alternative, just like in consumer goods, etc...
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

If bitcoin crash, altcoins will also affected because bitcoin rely in its value in dollars and not in altcoin. If the seller convert it to fiat, altcoin will crash unless they buy it with altcoin.
Activity: 462
Yes , Because the Most of the Exchange websites Provides the Pair with BTC only , Initial when Bitcoin falls, the value of the other coins drops by the dollar value immediately . then other coin slowly Increases. So don't get panic when bitcoin drops , just hold ......
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Actually the crypto market does not only involve BTC-USD and BTC-ALTS, trading platforms also included other currency. There's even a cryptocurrency called "Tether" which is meant to safe keep your money when the market is down so this does not really mean they are "withdrawing their funds" rather safekeeping it.
Activity: 430
Merit: 250

Maybe the most coins are schocked when BTC is going down a little bit but this is okey for me, because the most stuff will start to go up when Bitcoi makes some strong moves again. It could take some time but it will be worth it to hold!
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Maybe because they think that if BTC drop the whole crypto will fall that is why some altcoin holder are selling there coin and exchange to fiat or selling it to buy Bitcoin that might cause of pulling down altcoins prices.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
so far each time bitcoin crashes, altcoins crash with it and most of them crash even harder because the panic in altcoins have always been more severe and there is no future for them so everyone panic sells not just newbies who didn't understand what was going on.

this made my day, thank you Cheesy
Activity: 459
In my opinion, when bitcoin is crashed, all other altcoins will be greatly affected, there may be some altcoins that will disappear in the electronic money market.
It can be said Bitcoin has created itself a strong electronic money market. So when Bitcoin crashed, all the altcoins would fall down because the king had collapsed. When bitcoin crashed, imagine it was like a country without a president or king. That country will become panic and will soon be lost.
Activity: 701
Merit: 136
XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
Thats a good question. I really hope not. But every altcoin price is measured in bitcoin. So you see all altcoinds dumping when bitcoins dump. There are some exchanges which you can trade in eth or even ltc, but thats a very small part. I hope in future they find a new ways to measure the value of the coins who not depends on the bitcoin price. So altcoins were safe when bitcoin dumps oder crash.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Miner, Trader
Many coins are investigated by BTC holders.

Thus, it is reasonable that "BTC down" causes alt down.

USD enters crypto market through BTC because BTC is the most reliable coin.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
It would bring down other coins because they are traded against each other, unless you trade in fiat / altcoin pairings if bitcoin goes down it will affect the value of the other coins traded against it.
Activity: 168
Of course, first it will affect the market as a whole, the quotes of all the criptocurrencies will go down. However, promising coins, such as the ether or neo, will be restored, and perhaps they will get the first place, and bitcoin will be forgotten. But it is unlikeky happen soon Wink

Agreed. Grin I don't think bitcoin will be forgotten for a long time for now at least. Even if it crashes pretty badly again.
Activity: 546
Merit: 13
Of course, first it will affect the whole crypto market, the quotes of all the cryptocurrencies will go down. However, promising coins, which have a real use, such as Ether or Neo, will be restored, and perhaps they will get the first place, and bitcoin will be forgotten. But it is unlikeky happen soon Wink
Activity: 196
I don't think this is really a crash, the reason the price is low is because most people talk profit on friday for weekend, I don't see it talking the market down if it crash but note that when the rally starts you want to be holding BTC,
Maybe you should know why bitcoin is falling.
Bitcoin is moving too fast from $10, 000 to $20, 000, because many people in South Korea and Japan only know that cryptocurrencies can make money and get involved.
In January, South Korea intends to close exchange (false), Japanese exchange stolen token, shielding exchange sites in China, India restricted cryptocurrency market, these countries just limit the cryptocurrency market, the market began to panic, led to the sharp drop in BTC, but it is also a process to remove bubbles.
Activity: 168
I don't think this is really a crash, the reason the price is low is because most people talk profit on friday for weekend, I don't see it talking the market down if it crash but note that when the rally starts you want to be holding BTC,

Well, maybe not a crash but you have to admit that around early January, btc and a lot of coins fell drastically.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: