Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had 1000$ to invest in Altcoins long term, which one would you choose? - page 7. (Read 7995 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
WAVES is the way to go!!  It's gonna pump hard soon!!
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I already made a choice - XRM, MobileGo and Waves Wink
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
If I had 1000 i would take a little more risk on lower cap coins to get PERHAPS way better returns.

Research and then make your own decisions.

I would look at

bitbay
byteball
blocknet
komodo
cloak
cbx
xby

any low cap coins with a good road map and proven dev that has steadily been ticking things from their road map for a couple of years.

Activity: 697
Merit: 520
It is no surprise that I would chose DeepOnion. The coin is very young, and the potential is huge.
It's one of the few coins, that is connected over the TOR network. So all transactions are hidden behind TOR.

Honestly, at this point, I'm skeptical that this is good enough to protect anonymity for users in the long term. In the short term, law enforcement won't care, just like they didn't care about Bitcoin in its early days.

But it's very well known by now that law enforcement runs lots of TOR exit nodes. They have done quite a lot to de-anonymize TOR users, and alone, I highly doubt it is sufficient to protect you. Ring CT (XMR) seems promising in that regard. Otherwise, you need to use proper opsec: choose UTXOs carefully when spending, use no-log VPNs, etc...
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
I am working on this simple backtesting web app: https://coinventure.club

Maybe you can try to simulate a few strategies with some coins or combinations and it can help you decide.

Here is just an altcoin simulation: https://coinventure.club/venture/1600856975485173831

You can combine whichever altcoins you like and see what profit (or loss) they made on a given date range.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
BCH will be Bitcoin soon so it is not an altcoin. That would be my #1 investment though.

Otherwise for alts I would split between and ZEC/ZEN and ETH/ETC.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Not counting btc, which is a very good investment for that amount, i think i won't risk getting into less established altcoins. Etherium is the first thing that comes tobmy mind. Perhaps diversify into some other coins like ltc, ripple and digibyte a little.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
For the long term i choose:

- Ethereum (ETH), undoubtedly they have a great developer, and they have good innovation.
- Ripple (XRP), I like their technology, and I think XRP is great for sending money.
- Stellar (XLM), Their technology is same as ripple, because the founder of stellar is one of the founders of ripple, but if we trace it stellar and ripple have many differences, Their free and recent distribution has developed their platform to target the ICO market.

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
I hold Waves, Dent and BTC I trade on HitBTC, I believe dent will enter a big exchanger. Cheap coins will usually be very popular like DGB and DOGE.
Hopefully my predictions are correct, the risk is borne by all users.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1000$ is a hard money in my opinion, i will invest it on ETH as it will powered and pump by many ICO... LTC is old but i have really good faith on it. BCH have very difficulty of increase in price it took around one to two hours and too volatile, NEO is good as it pump up, and as i heard they are expanding ... dont forget also BTC as one of good investment....
Activity: 292
Merit: 102
Bounty Detective
Considering Litecoin, NEO, Ethereum and BCH.

Please share your views.
I think i'll go with ethereum. For me, it is the most stable cryptocurrency, more stable than bitcoin. Beside its stability, it is a popular cryptocurrency that also gained enough trust and support from cryptocurrency world. Because of that it has higher chance of sucess compare to other altcoins.
Activity: 1274
I think if there are 1000 dollars to invest it is best to buy ETH or ETC because these two markets are highly appreciated because it uses very good and safe platform in every situation.
Activity: 446
Merit: 252
I like Deep Onion as well and XRP.

There's a lot I don't like about Ripple, but if we're just talking about making money, I think it's got a lot of upswing potential.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I'll get some waves to hold for a while. Low price so why not. Monero has potential due to anonymity from the looks of it so I'll get some too.

Thinking of bch too though. I know btc won't die but the fees are ridiculous lately and I can see loads of people migrating over to bch.
Activity: 644
You can join our ICO and get 1000% in one year Smiley

with a good choice it is possible
if got lucky or if there's some insider regarding to this ico project or better also to buy while the price still in its pre sale stage so bonuses will allow you to take advantage so many opinions regarding to supported project and for a while I notice that eth,neo,waves,monero are some of those long goal project which gaining support all around the forum so better to assess carefully.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
It is no surprise that I would chose DeepOnion. The coin is very young, and the potential is huge.
It's one of the few coins, that is connected over the TOR network. So all transactions are hidden behind TOR.
Activity: 308
Merit: 106

with a good choice it is possible
Activity: 521
Merit: 251
I think this is a good plan, the first 3 have a lot of potenial to grow.

From 1000$

40% NEM
20% TenX
20% CoinDash
20% Bitcoin
Activity: 168
Merit: 102
Relest - first real estate rental auction platform
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
Considering Litecoin, NEO, Ethereum and BCH.

Please share your views.

ETH is up there. I think it has major scalability problems and the solutions offered are vaporware. But they are incredibly good at marketing and their ecosystem is sucking up so much developer talent. It's obviously got a future despite its flaws.

LTC is also going to be a top coin, not because of fundamentals, but because it is firmly entrenched in the ecosystem already (the Chinese love it) and is seen as a test bed for BTC.

I'm up in the air about BCH. From a speculative standpoint, it really depends how much money Bitmain is willing to pour into it. XRP is up there; it's the centralized banking coin and will get a nice pump eventually.
Pages:
Jump to: