Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had 15 Ether, where would you invest for the long term Today - page 2. (Read 2317 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
If I had 15 Ethereum I would buy bitcoin with 5 ether right now directly. I would share other ethereum to different coins like deeponion, iota, dash and neo. I believe all these coins.
That would depend on when you got your ETH if you got it before all this growth then that may be a good idea but if you bought ETH at the top of the ETH bubble then you will be losing money so I think the best strategy will be simply to hold that ETH for some time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
I have 15 Ethers, that I have managed to saved in the last 1 year. Where would you invest, taking a long-term point; say a timeframe of about 2 to 3 years. A moderate risk portfolio in cryptocurrency. Some advise would be nice...
15 Eter, I will hold it, at least to the next few months (end of 2017 and early 2018).
In my view of ethereum, Despite the ethereum price was unable to join bitcoin’s rally.  However, It was unable to prevent its market share from shrinking.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
Split it between bitcoin, deeponion and iota or atleast that's what i would do.

Diversifying it to good coins will brings you a good profit but I'll go with coins that stabilize itself in the market and can give a sure profit and that's no other than bitcoin. Split it in half, half for bitcoin and hold the remaining eth. With the bitcoin spike now there's no need to have a second thought for not investing it even in short or in long term.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
I will buy some DeepOnions at least. It has huge potential
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
I wouldnt exchange all of those ethereums. I would hold 8 of them and invest to some other altcoins with 7 Ethereum. Waves, iota, oax, monetha are good choices nowaday because they are still quite cheap to buy  Wink
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
I have 15 Ethers, that I have managed to saved in the last 1 year. Where would you invest, taking a long-term point; say a timeframe of about 2 to 3 years. A moderate risk portfolio in cryptocurrency. Some advise would be nice...
If you arent sure on your decision on choosing up coins then i would suggest better to hold it off your 15 ether since it do really have the potential to rise up its price in future years to come.Diversification is always been suggested but would really require knowledge and skills for you to extent your possible profitability on the coins that you are holding. If you can see some opportunity or see potential altcoins then its not bad to get some amounts on your stash and make some investments. The more the better.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu
Ideacoin is going to sell out tonight! Only 1.5mio coins left at time of writing. It is gonna go 5x after ICO. Sign up here: https://ico.ideacoin.co/invite/Pikachu
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Keeping it in ethereum is the safest option
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
Do your own research about other coins. People just promoting their coins they invested in.... Roll Eyes
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
For 2-3 year preiod, you should consider about Sub. They have active support, good dev, price still low now.
Activity: 112
Buy LEDU Coin
Am going to do some self-promotion for our ICO, so take it with a grain of salt Wink
Invest the 15 ETH in the first online education ICO and help put education on the blockchain: http://tokensale.liveedu.tv/
Powering global online education with smart contracts. Existing business and team, 13k content creators, > 5 million views, 194 countries. 
Activity: 56
Split it between bitcoin, deeponion and iota or atleast that's what i would do.
Activity: 78
you can consider spending about half of them, so 7.5 ETH is ICO's. A good way to earn money and multiple your returns nowadays is investing in ICO's, the price during an ICO is the lowest possible you can usually buy in the market (many times the coin loses value once it's listed, but most of the times it increases) and by doing that you are guaranteed to get the best price possible for your investment. The problem with that is that you have to find a coin and project that is actually for real, and not just another coin that will scam you, unfortunately the market is filled with such coins and most of them are trying to rip-off investors. Make sure when investing that 7.5 ETH to make your due diligence and understand what the project is about and whether it's realistic for its targets to be reached.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
Hold 15 Eth for 1-2 years is good move. Eth is really good coin and it can bring profit more than trading or invest anywhere else.
Not, sure. But that will be better to invest it into another project, I was putting a lot of my ethereum into some altcoin which they are all already traded below the ico price and in this time my investment already worth more than 3x and that can be considered as another good way if you are investing your money through the new promising coin.
Activity: 19
After reading over the last 2 pages, people are calling ETH "safe," that's comforting I guess.  In the last 6 months, the crypto market made mainstream news (CNBC), so yeah that reaffirms "safe" notion.  Yet, I'm a bit skeptic as we haven't really hit Main st. yet - the average person.  So, I'd hold 80% ETH and dabble in other Alt coins. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
buy all of them reddcoin, it will be 5x your invesment. When the REDD-ID will be release the price will not stand like this. There is many coin can make 5x-10x in 3-4 months.So if you put your money on ether , yeah it is not bad , it is a safe invesment but, at the short term you, there will be no 2-3x!So you need to decide this!
Activity: 448
You can keep/hold the 70% and invest the rest i guess. As to what coins to invest, I think it's good to have those coins with masternodes or POS. But then again, not all are good. You just have to do your own research which one has the better or best use case.

If I were to invest the 30%, I'd take Syscoin right now with their blockmarket web to be release soon and then masternodes.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
I would just hold 15 etherium. Forget about them a few several years.
Activity: 728
My personal strategy is to hold 5-6 of the more well-known, long established coins like ETH, Dash, Zcash, Monero, BTC, and LTC.

Beyond that I'm only investing in projects where I know someone personally, or where I see that the token is not simply grafted onto a shit business plan. Especially if the token has value sources that are relatively stable, I will consider holding it.
That is not a bad strategy but the risk of your investment will depend largely of how much money you have allocated to the safe coins and to the risky coins if most of your money is in the most well known coins then the risk is low but if most of your money is in icos then your risk is higher.
Activity: 42
What to say on a new token based on waves platform with a bonus of 25% free coins for purchase? Here is the thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-wavepay-bounty-safe-fast-anonymous-coin-designed-for-online-payments-2388903
Pages:
Jump to: