Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had 15 Ether, where would you invest for the long term Today - page 6. (Read 2317 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1
My personal strategy is to hold 5-6 of the more well-known, long established coins like ETH, Dash, Zcash, Monero, BTC, and LTC.

Beyond that I'm only investing in projects where I know someone personally, or where I see that the token is not simply grafted onto a shit business plan. Especially if the token has value sources that are relatively stable, I will consider holding it.

That is right. Distribute the funds into the top mineable coins such as Bitcoin Cash, ETH etc.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
My personal strategy is to hold 5-6 of the more well-known, long established coins like ETH, Dash, Zcash, Monero, BTC, and LTC.

Beyond that I'm only investing in projects where I know someone personally, or where I see that the token is not simply grafted onto a shit business plan. Especially if the token has value sources that are relatively stable, I will consider holding it.
It's better if some of this coin are used to buy bitcoin, because holding a lot of ethereum is too much risky. Since this altcoin are starting to fall down their price in the crypto currency market. Therefore if you want to invest it into other altcoins there's a lot of trusted coins in the market like bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, waves and so on.
These are good examples of coins that they want to hold in the future, definitely I have some numbers of these coin and I still holding it because I know that some of this day value of these coin are incredibly increasing.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Activity: 893
Merit: 250
I have 15 Ethers, that I have managed to saved in the last 1 year. Where would you invest, taking a long-term point; say a timeframe of about 2 to 3 years. A moderate risk portfolio in cryptocurrency. Some advise would be nice...
if you are wanna investing for the long term and i suggest you to use some of your amount to invest in the crypterium. Since ico was booming a lot of people already become millionaire caused by them at the penny price.
I've bought a lot of the lisk at 0,2 and this time it's worth $5 each.
JNR
Activity: 585
Merit: 100
@JNRcryptobox
just hold your ethereum,
don't buy any shitcoin, because ethereum is a good altcoin fro long term,
if you want to invest, convert it in BTC a half from your ethereum
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
if you had 15 ethereum,
so you already invest for long term, because Ethereu is the best altcoin that everyone should have to invest

Agree. I will hold these ETHs. I believe that in long-term ETH warranties most expectations.
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
I'm just holding it as Ethereum, I don't trust new altcoins. Maybe I'm too paranoid but I don't want to miss the train for Ethereum. Bitcoin went from 160$ to 7600$, Ethereum is very likely to make similar move. I would hold my Ethereum until I see that big rally.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Decentralized Digital Billboards
I have 15 Ethers, that I have managed to saved in the last 1 year. Where would you invest, taking a long-term point; say a timeframe of about 2 to 3 years. A moderate risk portfolio in cryptocurrency. Some advise would be nice...
If I have 15 Ether and want to invest for 2 to 3 years I choose to hold it because ether is crypto currency number 2 and good for long term, However I will use 3 ether for short-term investment in ICO or buy some tokens like OMG and BNT.
Activity: 168
https://eloncity.io/
For a long term hold I would buy: Bancor, Blackmoon, Onion, ARK and OMG. I belive these coins will have a huge value increase in the long term. Short term you will only get frustrated, belive me I am.... But just hold for some time and they will climb high. Good luck!
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Umm there are nice coins to hold on market right now. Bitcoin's bull run helped altcoins to hit very bottom. I guess I would buy some omg and probably neo. Matchpool project is nearly at bottom too.
Activity: 811
Merit: 512
Enhalo Mining
So you wanna invest all of 15 ETH? I think it's not a good choice, I suggest you to hold at least 12-13 ETH and invest only 2-3 of them. On which coin/token? It depends on you. Look the charts, research for team and project and choice the coin/token that you like the most. You may diversify and not invest 2-3 ETH on a single coin/token...
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
check coinmarketcap and invest in top coins to diversify your portofolio. Alternatively, you can keep them in ETH. It is definitely going to rise to $500 at least, it has been quite stable for almost a year now.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation

Well, if I had 15 ETH yesterday, I would definitely have used between 3 to 4.5 (20 to 30%) of it to further increase my non-ETH alts. I am not quite ready to further diversify as I believe my basket of alts is big enough, but I would have increased in Waves and Stratis, according to your two/three year timeframe. I think these are low risk, at worst, medium risk if things do not progress over the next two or three years.

Today it seems to have suffered in price, probably the next new hacking news. So hold until $300 recovers.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

My only tip - diversify.

The coins don't really matter as much as when you sell. Don't get greedy. Don't expect every single coin to blow up and take your profits if you can, when you still can and don't be the one left holding the bag.

Buy some BTC, buy some new ICOs, and buy some old coins that still got gas in them like PPC or XMR.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

Well you have already hold it for 1 year and I think you have profited already just from holding. So why not just continue to hold it a little bit and stay with your success strategy? ETH is the only altcoin that is very much good for long term holding. But if you are willing to halve your ETH then I think the best altcoin is BCH or LTC in my opinion. I have a feeling that this 2 coins will be pump hard after bitcoin segwit2x activation.
Activity: 336
I see a great future for Ethereum so I would keep half and hodl.

I'd take the other half and diversify it between bitcoin and the other top 10 alts. You're already on a ship to the moon!
Activity: 206
There are several good buys in alt coins and ico at the moment.  everyone seems to HODL BTC to get the forked tokens.  But it might be better to buy up cheap alt tokens today. 

FUN is only 1.5 cents a token - the ICO price was 10 cents. They burned a large number of unsold tokens and are going live Nov/Dec.
price should have a nice POP.

PPT is by far the best token to buy up. they should be live with project shortly.

OMG is near record bottom also

Piller Wallet is only 10 cents - awesome project get them now before the price explodes.

I've never gotten PPT but some people told me it has real potential with UK based company. I'm not sure anyway. I wouldn't buy PPT with 15 ethereum. I would get some bitcoin to benefit from the next fork. I keep the rest of the ethereums and keep holding it as ethereum only. Altcoins are dangerous to carry now.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 252
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
if you had 15 ethereum,
so you already invest for long term, because Ethereu is the best altcoin that everyone should have to invest
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
There are several good buys in alt coins and ico at the moment.  everyone seems to HODL BTC to get the forked tokens.  But it might be better to buy up cheap alt tokens today. 

FUN is only 1.5 cents a token - the ICO price was 10 cents. They burned a large number of unsold tokens and are going live Nov/Dec.
price should have a nice POP.

PPT is by far the best token to buy up. they should be live with project shortly.

OMG is near record bottom also

Piller Wallet is only 10 cents - awesome project get them now before the price explodes.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502
Wow...if you have held ethereum that long its mean you have made huge profit by just holding that ethereum. Dont put your ethereum to shit ico. Be very carefull for that. You could try your luck to legit ico like trade.io or genesis vision. The token which goes down 90% from ico price now is atlant. U could try buying it on etherdelta if you brave enough to gamble it.
Pages:
Jump to: