Pages:
Author

Topic: if you had 200 GH/s which is the most profitable pool? - page 3. (Read 9754 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
is there a difference besides the fees?  at that rate would it be more profitable to mine alone?

i got a single opinion that it would make sense to go with p2pool over solo mining.  just looking for a deeper pool of opinion.
There are probably 2 main factors you're interested in: fees and variance. Variance is the "random" factor of how far your earnings may swing from one day/week/month to the next.

It would definitely be better to go p2pool over solo mining. With 200 GH/s, you probably don't need to worry too much about variance. That being said, even with 350 GH/s, Eligius (my pool) still has pretty wide swings of variance, so it won't be variance-free either. If low variance is important to you, definitely give Eligius a try at least; using our SMPPS reward system, it evens out the variance by saving extra earnings from the high swings to cover the low swings. As a result, you basically get a nearly-perfectly predictable income. Even if you don't care about variance, Eligius (optionally) offers the same decentralization as p2pool with the getmemorypool protocol (which I have also written a proxy for).
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
I can recommend joining DeepBit.
This should be the most profitable solution, at least for me.
0/10 troll  Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

LOL Smiley
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
I can recommend joining DeepBit.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Solo mine.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
that is correct, i neither have 200 GH/s, and if i was going to accumulate it, it wouldn't be on the back of gpu's.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
200Ghash is solo mine time - that's more than some pools. You'd find ~2.69 blocks per day at our new difficulty, keep all the earnings and the transaction fees, and not have pool downtimes to worry about.

That would also take about 360 Radeon HD 7970 cards, $201,600 just in cards. Add 90 x Motherboard, CPU, 1000W power supply, RAM, Flash, case. Then shelving, cooling. And figure out where to get 900 amps of 120V power. OP has not spent this amount of money to now ask the forum where to mine.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Please, join P2Pool!!!  Tongue
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
is there a difference besides the fees?  at that rate would it be more profitable to mine alone?

i got a single opinion that it would make sense to go with p2pool over solo mining.  just looking for a deeper pool of opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: