Pages:
Author

Topic: Ignore list of mass paid signature advertisement users (4200+ users) - page 5. (Read 62270 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Can you take my name off?
I haven't been in any signature campaigns for last 4 months now.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Hello gadman have you ever tried this solution

Your> "Profile, "Look and Layout Preferences" >>> "Don't show users' signatures."

Don't confuse people here with common sense.. the OP's left eye is twitching by now i bet.
Guess what ?
You are on his ignore list now  Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 266
There is quite a few high ranking trusted members in your list.  Shocked

I'd confidently say that as a newer user utilizing this list you would most likely have a higher chance of getting scammed since you are ignoring trusted members of the community and allowing brand new accounts to have prime real estate in discussions.

Probably only a handful knows this list and no one cares about it too.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
Hello gadman have you ever tried this solution

Your> "Profile, "Look and Layout Preferences" >>> "Don't show users' signatures."
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
There is quite a few high ranking trusted members in your list.  Shocked

I'd confidently say that as a newer user utilizing this list you would most likely have a higher chance of getting scammed since you are ignoring trusted members of the community and allowing brand new accounts to have prime real estate in discussions.
legendary
Activity: 1190
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
In certain way I agree with your attitude. Myself participated in few sig. campaigns but have to end it because I'm not talkative enough to fulfill the campaign requirements and had to make some not fully relevant posts so I know what you are talking about.
But I'm pretty sure there is lot of users who deserves the rewards because they make relevant post in much higher counts than what is required from them. Just be aware the simple generalization is not always fair.

IMO The vast amount of guilt rest on shoulders of campaign operators because they require min. amount of posts thus forcing users to make useless comments, threads etc. In this I fully agree with you.
But for what is the signature space for if not for promoting my favorite sites, services etc?

Currently my signature contains reflinks to my favorite services (  which in certain way is also kind of paid signature ) but I won't beg you to remove me from your list.
Because to be honest: I don't care .. list whoever you want. I would care if you would personally check every single listed user and point out his misconduct. 

P.S How about activity hunters? To me they cause very same harm to forum quality. What about making list of everybody who create new post ( in general )?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
The list has been updated.

I have no paid signature, just my own blog but feel free to do as you please, I too have people on ignore, but not for sig spamming.
Only for personal reasons like verbal abuse to me.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
wow so many ignore list
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

Any removals or just additions?
I'll read it later, after prayers.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

That's for keeping the list updated. It makes the forums so much better  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
No really your list helps a ton  Roll Eyes
I mean it   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
Thanks for quick response  Smiley

My personal opinion is that overall the Signature Campaigns help boost the Bitcoin economy. You have many people who are new to Bitcoin that might not have many skills to earn BTC online, and Signature campaigns is a good way to start. Of course, I agree that low-quality posting can be annoying, but that is an issue on any Forum especially with Ranks. Cutting signature campaigns won't solve the low quality posting problem, only deleting posts/banning will do the trick there.
legendary
Activity: 977
We have NEVER had a paid signature campaign. Every link in our signature is to a site in our network. Please remove from list.

You have been removed. I'll get it in the next update. Thanks for making me aware. I'm sure there are more examples like this on the list.

@ the previous replies, I just woke up and have to go to work. There are several good points and I'll address your concerns shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
We have NEVER had a paid signature campaign. Every link in our signature is to a site in our network. Please remove from list.
Activity: 826
Merit: 251
Does the Ignore list support the search via ''Ctrl+F"?
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-
In several occasions, i've seen senior/legendary members giving the same answer as was given only a couple posts earlyer. I often wondered if these individuals didn't take the time to read all responses before they replied to the thread, untill i noticed they were wearing a sig similar to yours: a cig to promote their own ignore list. So it became obvious: these users just ignored members that were giving fine answers, so they didn't realise the correct answer was already given, and they just "spammed" (for a lack of a better word) the original thread.
-snip-

Spam is against the rules, no matter the rank or personal ignore list. Probably best to report these users same as other spammers.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
I don't know, I did not go through the list and look at it. Based on the following quoted comment he is also adding people to the list for personal reasons, so maybe Rollin.io made it there that way.

Since I feel your posts about the matter falls into the "simple minded hissy-fit" category, you will be ignored as well on a more personal basis. I probably won't take the time to remove you from the list on the next update.  Sorry.

But more likely he added Rollin.io because they have the same advertisement that they are paying other people to use. Or simply because they are paying people for signatures.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
It amazes me how many people keep saying that gadman2 needs to add himself to the list because of his signature. I find it extremely obvious the difference between his signature and the signature campaigns he is complaining about. His is his own signature advertising his own business, he is complaining about people having an advertisement in their signature that is paid for by someone else, such as mine. If the person/business that I am advertising for had the same advertisement in their signature and no one else had it he would be ok with that.

I understand his concern, which is that same of many users. People that post nonsense just to increase their post count for the signature campaigns that pay based on the number of posts.

While reading through this thread I kept thinking about what other people were alluding to and I think mocacinno summed it up right here:

In several occasions, i've seen senior/legendary members giving the same answer as was given only a couple posts earlyer. I often wondered if these individuals didn't take the time to read all responses before they replied to the thread, untill i noticed they were wearing a sig similar to yours: a cig to promote their own ignore list. So it became obvious: these users just ignored members that were giving fine answers, so they didn't realise the correct answer was already given, and they just "spammed" (for a lack of a better word) the original thread.

And I also agree with 0xfff, I don't use ignore.

And no I won't add you to my list of ignored users. I don't have a list. I don't censor people because of their signature and I don't block people with opinions I don't agree with.

I try not to post nonsense, but go ahead and add me to your list because I am paid for my signature and because of this my opinions, statements and knowledge are not adequate. Also keep in mind, if I had been on your ignore list you would not have known to buy that Nest thermostat from me.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
On a personal note, i wish to add that it's a free forum (AFAIK), and you're certainly not breaking any laws by ignoring people. I respect your choice, and i even agree that at least 50% of the posts made by most signature campaign's members are spam or posts-for-money in some form.

However, i do feel that by adding so many members in your ignore list, you might end up littering the forum allmost as much as the signature-wearers you despise so much (for example: me  Grin).

TBH, i haven't saved any of those post id's, nor am i in the mood to look them up...

Since it seems most of these lists are just made to one-up the previous person who posted his list, i've written a small python script that'll help you to create the master of all lists*:

Code:
import urllib2
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
import time
for counter in range(1,10000000):
        page = urllib2.urlopen('https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=' + str(counter))
        parsed_page = BeautifulSoup(page)
        x = parsed_page.head.find('title')
        print str(x)[27:-8]
        time.sleep(2)

* disclaimer: python script was written to make a point, and should NOT be executed by ANYONE... Executing this script will end up putting a big load on the forum and won't result in anything even remotely usefull!!!

To conclude: you're free to ignore whoever you want, but personally, i don't think it's a solution.

Piece out Smiley

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I have updated the list.

Please add yourself to the list. It is only fair since you are using your signature to advertise. You should be on the list.  Cheesy

Please take note of what was said in a earlier post on this thread:

I should note that I have tried my best to not included people who have their own business (like mine) or actual personal signature. It is unfortunate that you do not recognize the difference or understand the problem, I cannot help you.

There is a very large difference between massively advertised signature campaigns and mine -- a one of a kind signature of my own personal federally licensed and state taxed business. The bold part of the above quote is still true, if you cannot tell the difference then I cannot help you. Feel free to add me to your list if you feel the need.

Since I feel your posts about the matter falls into the "simple minded hissy-fit" category, you will be ignored as well on a more personal basis. I probably won't take the time to remove you from the list on the next update.  Sorry.

You are the one who is having a hissy fit over people advertising in their signature. It doesn't matter if they are advertising their own service or someone elses. Just because you pay US tax doesn't make your business superior. And no I won't add you to my list of ignored users. I don't have a list. I don't censor people because of their signature and I don't block people with opinions I don't agree with.
legendary
Activity: 977
I have updated the list.

Please add yourself to the list. It is only fair since you are using your signature to advertise. You should be on the list.  Cheesy

Please take note of what was said in a earlier post on this thread:

I should note that I have tried my best to not included people who have their own business (like mine) or actual personal signature. It is unfortunate that you do not recognize the difference or understand the problem, I cannot help you.

There is a very large difference between massively advertised signature campaigns (what this thread is all about) and mine -- a one of a kind signature of my own personal federally licensed and state taxed business. The bold part of the above quote is still true, if you cannot tell the difference then I cannot help you. Feel free to add me to your list if you see the need.

Pages:
Jump to: