Pages:
Author

Topic: I'll try to pay my dentist with BTC - page 3. (Read 4915 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 17, 2016, 03:33:28 AM
At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?
not just dentist,all worker all people should use bitcoin,not just easy and fast,bitcoin will replace cash for someone from all around the world,as you said foreign traveler was so many and have differen currency,and bitcoin will unite it all.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
February 17, 2016, 02:33:59 AM
And why is it worth it to fly to Budapest just for that? Prices must be really, really good and the service top notch...

Oh yeah! Dentists in Budapest are about one third the price of a dentist in Paris, and one fourth on a dentist in Geneva or London. Even when adding hotel and food bills for 6 days (well, I'll stay in a very cheap hotel), I'm expecting to save 1,000 €, so it's definitely worth the trip. Thousands travel to Budapest for dental work every month.

Oh that's so nice you are getting your teeth fixed while saving money and having the opportunity to go sightseeing in the meantime.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 17, 2016, 01:48:29 AM
im in the u.s. so i doubt that my dentist will accept btc and i dont want to try to convince him ot accept it because i doubt he will change his was to try something new
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
February 16, 2016, 08:37:09 PM
And why is it worth it to fly to Budapest just for that? Prices must be really, really good and the service top notch...

Oh yeah! Dentists in Budapest are about one third the price of a dentist in Paris, and one fourth on a dentist in Geneva or London. Even when adding hotel and food bills for 6 days (well, I'll stay in a very cheap hotel), I'm expecting to save 1,000 €, so it's definitely worth the trip. Thousands travel to Budapest for dental work every month.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2016, 06:13:52 PM
Also, and I'm not trying to be mean here, why necessarily pay with bitcoin? I understand going there for the prices, but still.

Exactly, Bitcoin as a payment system has to die, that notion is ridiculous and no common person will adopt it if we continue with the same song. Bitcoin should be more like gold, and investment where you can store your wealth for new generations. As a payment system it just doesn't make sense when there's credit cards, cash, paypal, etc. Plus you will lose your precious BTC.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 16, 2016, 05:19:15 PM
Also, and I'm not trying to be mean here, why necessarily pay with bitcoin? I understand going there for the prices, but still.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
February 16, 2016, 03:07:43 PM
For those saying that dentists are this or that and won't accept Bitcoins... There are quite a few who already do, and I remember reading a couple years back about a dentist being one of the first accepting Bitcoin and one of the first people in the medical business doing so. Since I can't link that one (not sure where I read about it), here goes other dentists accepting Bitcoin:

http://bitcoin.travel/listings/emident/ (In Budapest, curiously)
http://www.dcdclinic.org/ (these apparently do too, although no mention of it on their website)
https://meidanklinikka.fi/ (These accept Bitcoin too)

And there's also this

Just searching for dentists+bitcoin gives us some options.

Also, OP, what do you understand by "heavy dental work"? And why is it worth it to fly to Budapest just for that? Prices must be really, really good and the service top notch...
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
February 16, 2016, 12:58:59 PM
Wish I could pay my dentist in BTC. Hopefully the near future will hold such things as this for most places.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 546
Be nice!
February 16, 2016, 12:52:19 PM
If the dentists knows bitcoin maybe he'll probably say yes but you can always withdraw your btc so you can pay him actual money Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 16, 2016, 10:59:10 AM
At the end of the month, I'll fly to Budapest for some heavy dental work, and I'm planning to pay with BTC. Has anyone ever paid his/her dentist with BTC? The dentist I'll see mostly has foreign patients traveling to Hungary because it's much cheaper, so BTC would be convenient for many of them. Any argument I could use to convince my dentist?

Why u dont exchange your money on dollars/euros?  Huh

I suppose you haven't noticed (please, pay more attention), but this board is about BTC. The people here do not want to change their BTC into any fiat currency. We want to use to use BTC everywhere and everyday, including when going to the dentist.
Amen. I don't do dollars if I can use BTC. Join us.  Wink
Activity: 476
February 16, 2016, 04:41:43 AM
I sure that dentist can not pay with bitcoin because in budapest still few people using bitcoin. Cheesy
That is right. Not many people use Bitcoin so much. I think many people dont even know what Bitcoin is.
And there are not many shops that accept Bitcoin and that is not so good. I hope later that more shops will accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 15, 2016, 09:53:28 PM
if you show him a exchange where he can cash out his bitcoin, i dont see a reason why he wudnt want to accept bitcoin as a payment.

but ive never seen or heard of anyone paying a doctor with bitcoin lol GL!
legendary
February 15, 2016, 08:06:36 PM

I suppose you haven't noticed (please, pay more attention), but this board is about BTC. The people here do not want to change their BTC into any fiat currency. We want to use to use BTC everywhere and everyday, including when going to the dentist.
Activity: 245
February 14, 2016, 10:49:18 PM
That would indeed be chill. For I hope later on that I can walk into a store and can simply pay with Bitcoins. Because it is now clear yet and that's a pity.
Many people also do not know what Bitcoins are.

No first you search dentist hospital is accept bitcoin and after you have problem go with dentist hospital doctor check the teeth and after you tray me also tray to pay dentist hospital  with bitcoin and after I will hope
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 14, 2016, 07:56:16 PM
Dentist dont except bitcoin like money in my country but i wish it so much dentist can except it like as real money it could be fantastic for me .
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
February 14, 2016, 07:06:35 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 14, 2016, 06:55:03 PM
I honestly don't know whether or not if your Dentist will take bitcoin. Let's just look at a financial perspective. Let's assume the dentist has a basic understanding of bitcoin and agrees to render services in exchange for your bitcoin. What if there is a unexcepted fluctuation and the price of bitcoin goes down? You can also assume the price of bitcoin could go up. At the end of the day, it would just be so easier to give physical fiat money.

P.S No harm in asking, right?  Grin
legendary
February 14, 2016, 03:45:33 PM
Not looking for anything besides arguments. I have one dentist, and several appointments for next week. Incidentally, I just found one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/budapest-gets-bitcoin-taxis-1362868

If taxis accept BTC in Budapest, my dentist may have heard about it, and that will sure help convince him that BTC is real money, and that he should accept it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
February 12, 2016, 04:45:13 PM
It would be very difficult to find a dentist who prefers bitcoin.
Hope you get one soon. Let me know.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 12, 2016, 04:33:41 PM
I'm not a dentist, but if you pay me in bitcoin I'll pull some of your teeth.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: