Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm a Rocket Scientist 🚀 - page 5. (Read 22875 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 04, 2016, 03:31:29 PM
Are we actually discussing rocket science here? I can address half of the posts that I've seen while skimming through this thread. That said, I haven't been able to tell if they were a joke or not since sarcasm really doesn't translate well through plain text without. Before I spend an hour writing how thrust/motion/momentum/etc works from a current and theoretical standpoint, figured I'd ask if anyone is actually interested, or if this is a joke.

I'm well on my way to getting a PHD in Nuclear Physics. Its not quite Rocket Science, but theres a good deal of overlap with quantum mechanics/dynamics/etc.

FYI Earth isn't flat, rockets do work in space, gravity/light/inertia are really strange subjects that are just best current models and are subject to change.

The Sagnac Experiment.

Here's a video presentation: https://youtu.be/SWmlimH7laY

I'll start by saying, no one really knows what light is. Everyone including Einstein knew that Relativity is not 100% correct, there are a number of experiments that find fundamental flaws in relativity, however the degree of error is so minor, they haven't be consequential to physics applications thus far. Relativity is currently the closest model we have today, but there are some pieces that we are missing about light. Relatively doesn't account for light having momentum but no mass, no mass, but being effected by gravity, etc (relativistic mass aside). The current theory that light is a photon is to some degree wrong. The Aether theories are pretty fundamentally incorrect though. The vast majority of them were based on the classical physics assumption that light is a wave and therefore requires some medium, like sound to travel. Classifying light as a photon states that its some sort of "mass-less particle that exhibits some wave behavior" which rejects the need for a medium. Though I theorize that light does have some amount of mass, just to an inconsequentially small degree.

Neutrinos which share a pretty high rate of similarity with light (minus the wave behavior) were discovered in the 1990s, so the laws of physics are still changing to minor degrees. Both are quazi energy emissions from the sun's fusion reactions. Neutrinos approach the speed of light, but have mass so likely don't exceed the speed of light (though thats been a subject of study for a while).

My point being, there are a ton of topics that haven't quite been proven yet, but that doesn't mean our existing understanding is wrong. Hell, look at magnetic monopoles, there is absolutely no reason that they don't exist, but no one has yet proven their existence. Throw some irregular electric fields into the equation, and that might correct the 0.000000000000000000000000000001% error that exists in current mathematical projections, and solve all of the experiments that had strange conclusions.

I've heard Sagnac's theory mentioned before when talking about orbits/satellites, but I had never looked in depth about it. It has applications within relativity that it wasn't trying to create. From what I read into it (on both sides of the argument pro and against) it looks like a frame of reference experiment. I found that this page pretty well described the experiment and what can be drawn from it, without bias. http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s2-07/2-07.htm

Thank you for the link. A layman might even understand it if he went through it slowly enough.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
December 04, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Are we actually discussing rocket science here? I can address half of the posts that I've seen while skimming through this thread. That said, I haven't been able to tell if they were a joke or not since sarcasm really doesn't translate well through plain text without. Before I spend an hour writing how thrust/motion/momentum/etc works from a current and theoretical standpoint, figured I'd ask if anyone is actually interested, or if this is a joke.

I'm well on my way to getting a PHD in Nuclear Physics. Its not quite Rocket Science, but theres a good deal of overlap with quantum mechanics/dynamics/etc.

FYI Earth isn't flat, rockets do work in space, gravity/light/inertia are really strange subjects that are just best current models and are subject to change.

The Sagnac Experiment.

I'll start by saying, no one really knows what light is. Everyone including Einstein knew that Relativity is not 100% correct, there are a number of experiments that find fundamental flaws in relativity, however the degree of error is so minor, they haven't be consequential to physics applications thus far. Relativity is currently the closest model we have today, but there are some pieces that we are missing about light. Relatively doesn't account for light having momentum but no mass, no mass, but being effected by gravity, etc (relativistic mass aside). The current theory that light is a photon is to some degree wrong. The Aether theories are pretty fundamentally incorrect though. The vast majority of them were based on the classical physics assumption that light is a wave and therefore requires some medium, like sound to travel. Classifying light as a photon states that its some sort of "mass-less particle that exhibits some wave behavior" which rejects the need for a medium. Though I theorize that light does have some amount of mass, just to an inconsequentially small degree.

Neutrinos which share a pretty high rate of similarity with light (minus the wave behavior) were discovered in the 1990s, so the laws of physics are still changing to minor degrees. Both are quazi energy emissions from the sun's fusion reactions. Neutrinos approach the speed of light, but have mass so likely don't exceed the speed of light (though thats been a subject of study for a while).

My point being, there are a ton of topics that haven't quite been proven yet, but that doesn't mean our existing understanding is wrong. Hell, look at magnetic monopoles, there is absolutely no reason that they don't exist, but no one has yet proven their existence. Throw some irregular electric fields into the equation, and that might correct the 0.000000000000000000000000000001% error that exists in current mathematical projections, and solve all of the experiments that had strange conclusions.

I've heard Sagnac's theory mentioned before when talking about orbits/satellites, but I had never looked in depth about it. It has applications within relativity that it wasn't trying to create. From what I read into it (on both sides of the argument pro and against) it looks like a frame of reference experiment. I found that this page pretty well described the experiment and what can be drawn from it, without bias. http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s2-07/2-07.htm
legendary
December 04, 2016, 09:38:01 AM

The Sagnac Experiment.

The problem with the Sagnac Effect is that it absolutely is explained by Relativity. The thing that is called Aether Effect in the video, works similarly in Relativity.

While Einstein might have claimed that the aether does not exist, he is right at the level of science in which he was working. The fact that there are levels of science beyond Einstein's thinking, shows that in higher science, aether exists just as greater dimensions exist. Neither Sagnac or Einstein go into enough science or enough detail to prove either of them right. That's why both are considered to be SCIENTIFIC THEORIES, and not science fact.

The point, again, is, there is not enough explanation in the video to allow a person to make come to an accurate conclusion. How is this? There are many statements in the video that one needs to take as truth without knowing why he should take them as truth. There are, also, many aspects of this science that are unknown by anybody.

The result is that the video proves nothing, and that the person who uses the video to prove something is really an ignoramus.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
December 04, 2016, 01:43:26 AM

The Sagnac Experiment.

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
December 04, 2016, 12:18:35 AM
OK not really but I've read the "rocket scientists" have been lying about how rockets work; I've learned that rocket engines don't actually work in a vacuum.

Of coarse you ask "but why would they lie, I don't understand". They lie because they're hiding the fact the Earth is flat and there is no space to travel to or in. We're inside a giant underwater terrarium and atmospheric life is an artificially created novelty.

Need proof? Differently shaped rocket nozzles produce varying degrees of thrust depending on atmospheric pressure.
Wait... the earth is flat?
Seems you missed a lot of stuff, earth is flat ofc  Undecided
I sincerly hope that nobody really believes this. I just assume these people are trolls.

Gotta be kidding us dude ... the earth is flat ... the Hubble Space Telescope uses fish-eye lens hence why we think its rounded

HAHAHA I just want one person to make me a renditioned picture of earth in space as a flat surface... please?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
December 03, 2016, 10:00:46 PM

legendary
December 03, 2016, 09:41:10 PM
How can people of this age still believe that earth is flat ?? They're just TROLLING !
By flat do you mean that it is some kind of 2D plane ? This means that if one starts digging then we would easily get to the other side of the earth as it is "flat".
Where is the edge of "flat" earth ?
If the earth is "flat" how come we are able to see nothing beyond the horizon in places like sea waters ? Though we should have been able to see far off places/land if earth wasn't round.
And, how come ALL the other planets that we observe from earth appear round but not earth ? Due to gravitation, the EARTH IS ROUND !

Now stop trolling Tongue

They are not trolling.

They simply have a metal blind spot like the people who fall for the Nigerian email scams.

Cool
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
December 03, 2016, 01:31:35 PM
How can people of this age still believe that earth is flat ?? They're just TROLLING !
By flat do you mean that it is some kind of 2D plane ? This means that if one starts digging then we would easily get to the other side of the earth as it is "flat".
Where is the edge of "flat" earth ?
If the earth is "flat" how come we are able to see nothing beyond the horizon in places like sea waters ? Though we should have been able to see far off places/land if earth wasn't round.
And, how come ALL the other planets that we observe from earth appear round but not earth ? Due to gravitation, the EARTH IS ROUND !

Now stop trolling Tongue

How can people in 2017 still believe the earth is a spinning ball flying and wobbling through fairy tale fantasy "space".

I found interesting how people are blind and ignorant nowadays. Look around you and do some research. Don't be a globot zombie and you will quickly find your post as example of nonsense.

I can help you for pointing out this flat earth for dummies video for start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djgPdJ9u4hE

Also you can visit a huge thread in this forum in fact it is in front of your nose: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17067040

legendary
December 03, 2016, 10:34:23 AM
Critters

great film. opened my eyes

Love your handle.   Cheesy    Did Critters have rockets?    Cool
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
December 03, 2016, 12:25:56 AM
Critters

great film. opened my eyes
legendary
December 02, 2016, 07:13:31 PM
This theory OP concocted is highly improbable. If the earth was flat how do you explain planes flying back and forth and can go around the world and be back to where they came from? It's really stupid in my opinion.

They'll tell you that the planes are all covertly set up to lie to you, and that even the pilots don't realize what is happening.

Of course, they can't explain how thousands of technicians can have the wool so pulled over their eyes while they are doing their maintenance jobs.

Cool

I see that the post right above this one, completely bypasses the details, and goes right into picking on you (Gotottack) without anything to back it up.

Cool

He's calling me stupid you piece of shit, I don't have a right to defend myself?

Did you get that you piece of shit line from the movie Cliffhanger?     Grin

How's funny farm life treating you?

Cool
legendary
December 02, 2016, 07:09:02 PM
Why does air pressure effect thrust if thrust is caused by transfer of momentum like the liars at universities/NASA/TV claim? Who's the fucking moron here, me or the fucking livestock just waiting to be turned into pizza that believes this propaganda?

edit:

You'll probably make some nice dogs too.

http://i.imgur.com/WE4uVVl.jpg

Of course air affects thrust. However, the amount of affect is so extremely small that it is considered nil. In space, especially, at one ion per cubic centimeter of space (at the distance of the earth from the sun), there is essentially no effect at all until the rocket starts reaching many thousands of miles per hour.

Cool
legendary
December 02, 2016, 01:07:04 PM
Why does air pressure effect thrust if thrust is caused by transfer of momentum like the liars at universities/NASA/TV claim? Who's the fucking moron here, me or the fucking livestock just waiting to be turned into pizza that believes this propaganda?

edit:

You'll probably make some nice dogs too.

legendary
December 02, 2016, 12:54:50 PM
This theory OP concocted is highly improbable. If the earth was flat how do you explain planes flying back and forth and can go around the world and be back to where they came from? It's really stupid in my opinion.

They'll tell you that the planes are all covertly set up to lie to you, and that even the pilots don't realize what is happening.

Of course, they can't explain how thousands of technicians can have the wool so pulled over their eyes while they are doing their maintenance jobs.

Cool

I see that the post right above this one, completely bypasses the details, and goes right into picking on you (Gotottack) without anything to back it up.

Cool

He's calling me stupid you piece of shit, I don't have a right to defend myself?
legendary
December 02, 2016, 11:04:47 AM

Cool

Cool
legendary
December 02, 2016, 10:17:03 AM

The OP is about rockets and rocketry and it is not theory, but if you must critique the bit about FE I'll say this in response. If you fly east or west you'll go in a circle,  if you fly north you'll get to the center and if you fly south you'll reach the ice wall.

Do some reasearch before you post next time, idiot.
legendary
December 02, 2016, 09:07:52 AM

Cool
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
December 01, 2016, 06:44:56 AM
legendary
November 30, 2016, 10:18:30 PM
^^^ There's no gravity, no outer-space, no curve, no edge, we're inside an enclosed system and the Earth is a flat motionless plane. Even if outer-space was real a rocket can't fucking work in a vacuum!

This post shows that you are just trolling. How does it show this? By your statement that there is no gravity.

There is something that holds us to the earth. If we jump into the air a couple of feet, something causes us to be forced back down. If we throw a ball into the air, it falls back to the earth for some strange reason.

This is the thing that we call gravity. Who cares how it works? It is gravity. To say it is not is simply changing the meaning of the word "gravity."

This proves that the whole flat-earth thread is designed simply to mess with the minds of people. Trolls are doing it. If you, notbatman, happen to not be a troll yourself, then you are being used by trolls without knowing it. If you are being used by trolls without knowing it, think of what is happening to nomadxxxxxx, who can't do anything except populate this thread with perversity.

Cool
legendary
November 30, 2016, 09:27:54 PM
^^^ There's no gravity, no outer-space, no curve, no edge, we're inside an enclosed system and the Earth is a flat motionless plane. Even if outer-space was real a rocket can't fucking work in a vacuum!
Pages:
Jump to: