Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House! - page 6. (Read 112525 times)

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
May 24, 2016, 01:41:58 PM
If i am lucky if i have also a house to sell before and i early know the bitcoin maybe i have lots of bitcoins too to sell when the price is reach 800 this coming block halving or after block halving..
Activity: 714
Merit: 501
May 24, 2016, 01:15:26 PM
it looks like the starter of the topic was meaning to just troll but actually i think at the current state of the market it would be a good idea to go big in bitcoin and invest what you can (obviously not everything you own) because of the recent decrease.
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
May 24, 2016, 01:08:45 PM
I wish I had a house to sell too... would buy everything I can when we are at 300 again this summer Smiley

You might meet the same fate as the OP.... Huge paper losses.  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2016, 03:41:42 AM
any update from op after 2yrs?  Grin

Most likely sold his bitcoin within the same week or month.

The price back then was good enough to cash out basically making the house as a cash buy. Think it was $800-900 at that time?

Im sure hes comfortable with less overhead of a devalued house.
Activity: 924
May 21, 2016, 03:16:02 AM
I wish I had a house to sell too... would buy everything I can when we are at 300 again this summer Smiley
Activity: 277
Merit: 103
May 21, 2016, 01:01:29 AM
any update from op after 2yrs?  Grin
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
May 21, 2016, 12:38:05 AM
Is this true? When did you sell your house/bought btc? in april 2014? than you didnt win anything..... Yet..... But you will...... Soon.

Thats very good that you sell the house and every bit and pieces of this house is invested in bitcoins.
I shall want eveyone should think like this. and keep on investing in the bitcoins
Activity: 798
May 14, 2016, 06:46:40 PM
At this time not only you but everyone is trying his best to do something in order to buy some bitcoin, I have heard from another person also that he is selling his house for that and will buy some bitcoin, everyone should have to buy bitcoin.
May 14, 2016, 02:04:41 PM
Sold ur house..great
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 20, 2016, 08:12:50 AM
Hi All,

I have been following Bitcoin for over a year and was the first person ever to put my house for sale for bitcoin.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/03/alberta-man-accepting-bitcoins-in-exchange-for-home.html

Not sure if you followed my story from a year ago, but the house just sold on Friday, and will make the news tomorrow I suspect. When the house closed on Friday I got approximately 648 BTC for my house which is based on prices over the past 6 months when the deal was actively negotiated, legal fees, realtor fees, and a bunch of contract wording that I frankly don't understand. I am now all in! I really believe in bitcoin. It is the future of the world. I look forward to the continued price increase and one day I plan to own my own island. I will truly be a bitcoin billionaire by the time I am 25 I believe. This house was inherited from my father who passed away a few years ago and he always believed in me and told me I would make it big one day and so I shall. Wish me luck Smiley

Tay More

Ballsy. Congratulations! Don't think I'll ever be able to pull off something like that. I'm far too sentimental to let go of my inherited house.
Activity: 546
April 20, 2016, 05:01:00 AM
This is unusual.
After the current fluctuations I wouldn't be willing to place all of my GBP and assets on Bitcoin to see if it goes big.
Wish you luck though (though this is not necessarily the best time to buy)!

I have a little bit of GBP and im willing to put it into anything else but GBP. Fiat has got to be one of the worse investments ever i only like to keep what i need of it to pay bills etc.
Activity: 336
April 20, 2016, 03:36:24 AM
That will be nice if you are making some nice profit with it, but the only thing is that you can never know it from before what the value will be and that can be risky for you.
The only thing that you have to do is just make some risks otherwise it is not possible to earn money.
Activity: 826
April 19, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
Is this true? When did you sell your house/bought btc? in april 2014? than you didnt win anything..... Yet..... But you will...... Soon.

Thats very good that you sell the house and every bit and pieces of this house is invested in bitcoins.
I shall want eveyone should think like this. and keep on investing in the bitcoins
Really? thats too much for the love of bitcoins. If you sold the house, then where you live...how you work...
Selling for bitcoin might be good but not that much. Using common sense is also important, in my view.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 19, 2016, 01:51:18 PM

No mate this is totally rubbish to sell a house and invest in bitcoin, in my country it is too hard to buy a house rather, you can buy bitcoin instead of that.
April 19, 2016, 01:00:31 PM
Sold ur house for bitcoins..strange
Activity: 465
April 19, 2016, 11:28:32 AM
Wait, you're telling us that instead of selling your house back around march 2013 for dollars and then buying bitcoins you waited a year for a buyer that was willing to offer bitcoins directly?

Either you are trolling or that would really suck

[edit] sorry for appearing rude. It is great that you believe in bitcoin but you should be prepared to potentially lose it all.
It would be an absolute shame if your inheritance that your parents have worked hard for would go to waste
I am not understanding this but why are people selling there houses because I would never sell my house for a Bitcoin. A house is more then money in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
April 19, 2016, 06:56:32 AM
It can be a nice or bad decision and that is because you never know from before what the value will be and that is the problem of Bitcoin, so you have to take risks.
But the bad the bad thing is that if you are losing that you have nothing so you have also to save some money.

Isn't this the same with other things as well?
For instance if you invest $10k is shares of a company and later there will be announcements that this company was involved in bribing on a huge scale to have an advantage on the market or it is less innovative as the years before and therefore competition seems to pass this company soon. Then you could end with a big loss too.
Your whole life is a risk. You could have a car accident tomorrow and be dead. So do you decide to stay at home instead? Probably not.
The key is to weigh up how much risk you wanna take!
If the 10k is all the money you have, then investing that amount would be dumb!
Activity: 714
SkyFall
April 19, 2016, 06:52:30 AM
People are this serious and even sell their own house to invest in Bitcoin. I hope that the price in the future will be high enough for these people to buy a new house.
I would never sell my house for Bitcoins because it still is a gamble.

I would maybe consider it if the bitcoin is one of the biggest currency's globally and its stable, than there is a chance I would do this.
Right now I think its also crazy because the bitcoin is not even stable and I think its very risky to do this right now...
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 19, 2016, 06:27:29 AM
People are this serious and even sell their own house to invest in Bitcoin. I hope that the price in the future will be high enough for these people to buy a new house.
I would never sell my house for Bitcoins because it still is a gamble.

With bitcoin only if you involve seriously you can earn else the profit or earning you make will be very less. Bitcoin earnings were highly risky. You may go up, at the same has the possibility to go low.
Activity: 350
April 19, 2016, 04:00:21 AM
It can be a nice or bad decision and that is because you never know from before what the value will be and that is the problem of Bitcoin, so you have to take risks.
But the bad the bad thing is that if you are losing that you have nothing so you have also to save some money.
Pages:
Jump to: