Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud - page 36. (Read 102982 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Two things. First, it seems like some fresh bullshit that RoloTonyBrownTown is goading people on to increase their bets, and thus (very likely) hurt Matthew A LOT, while having almost no skin in the game himself. People who have been bitching against pirate at least have a legitimate concern about a lot of people being scammed and having their money stolen. RoloTonyBrownTown has just been bitching at and insulting people for no real reason other than being butthurt about something or other. I wish he would put his Bitcoin where his mouth is, too, and since his mouth has been rather large on this thread, I hope he puts up a lot of Bitcoin.

And second, raise me up to 20 BTC, too please.

Smiley

OK, well firstly, yes I'm goading certain people, but mostly just the annoying, overly vocal dicks that have been spouting on and on and on this whole time.   Now is the time for them to be able to actually prove they believe what they have been saying.   Some have, good for them!  Some haven't, those I will continue to goad.   As for hurting Matthew, this is exactly the point of this thread, so I doubt he'll be too upset.

As for having skin the game, I have money invested with Pirate, so there's my skin.   I also offered dust a 100BTC bet similar to Matt's, if you care to read up a few posts Smiley

Now, what else you got?   Oh that's right, nothing, because you didn't read the thread properly before ranting away.  Great job.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Two things. First, it seems like some fresh bullshit that RoloTonyBrownTown is goading people on to increase their bets, and thus (very likely) hurt Matthew A LOT, while having almost no skin in the game himself. People who have been bitching against pirate at least have a legitimate concern about a lot of people being scammed and having their money stolen. RoloTonyBrownTown has just been bitching at and insulting people for no real reason other than being butthurt about something or other. I wish he would put his Bitcoin where his mouth is, too, and since his mouth has been rather large on this thread, I hope he puts up a lot of Bitcoin.

And second, raise me up to 20 BTC, too please.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Damn, I wish i had enough posts.. At least i'm saving you coins by not letting me bet...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I realize that I'm under the minimum number of posts, but I've been around for several months and have nearly 50 posts (I know it's not that many).  If you can't take this bet, no hard feelings.  If it's accepted and quoted by MNW, I'll consider myself bound by it.

1KbnC2UXLE7VJtPGPgHWKxNPgVgxHfPXGA
Hedging against Pirate's (possible/probable) default

Verified. Accepted.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I realize that I'm under the minimum number of posts, but I've been around for several months and have nearly 50 posts (I know it's not that many).  If you can't take this bet, no hard feelings.  If it's accepted and quoted by MNW, I'll consider myself bound by it.

1KbnC2UXLE7VJtPGPgHWKxNPgVgxHfPXGA
Hedging against Pirate's (possible/probable) default
13gXf8aMSyd1NPBXK2oR7CJk3j8w8xmzVc
100 BTC
Acknlowledged.
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
13gXf8aMSyd1NPBXK2oR7CJk3j8w8xmzVc
100 BTC
I can't help but feel this entire thread is just a way to see if people, fresh off of losing money to Pirate, will once again risk large sums will no proof that the counterparty has the ability or inclination to pay other than some vague handwaving.

Well he is part of the staff and this is not off-topic. It's in the marketplace, in the gamble section. Lying just to make a test would be unacceptable.

Indeed. That would be downright sick.
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
I can't help but feel this entire thread is just a way to see if people, fresh off of losing money to Pirate, will once again risk large sums will no proof that the counterparty has the ability or inclination to pay other than some vague handwaving.

Well he is part of the staff and this is not off-topic. It's in the marketplace, in the gamble section. Lying just to make a test would be unacceptable.

If he doesn't pay, betters win.
If he does pay, betters win, but slightly less.

I must be missing your point
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
250BTC
1KnFRgC6rUJHpjoYEVd5C48cVfgtmiEemE
Not so worried, just helping MNW get to 10000 BTC :p

Accepted.

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
@BTCurious thanks for your offer, I will ponder over it
I can also do other amounts (250 BTC for example) or whatever you need to hedge your bet with Matthew.
I'll be waiting Smiley

LOL! "Hey Matthew, here's 250 BTC. Have fun with it!"
Activity: 504
250BTC
1KnFRgC6rUJHpjoYEVd5C48cVfgtmiEemE
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
@BTCurious thanks for your offer, I will ponder over it

Sounds like a no brainer. Maybe parapain should put his money where his mouth his now that there's no way to fail.

Good luck with your bet Mattew. Hope people finally realize how gullible they haha
Well, since you're just giving out bitcoins, essentially, I request that my bet be raised from 20 BTC to 30 BTC.

No he is not essentially giving away BTCs....  If it were not for me buying bonds on GLBSE under 50% face I would be doing the same.

You're buying bonds? That's not what you said a few hours earlier..

Just to make clear the bond is now dead or closed as BTCST has failed to send me coins with in 72 hours or make interest payments.

Pirate has defaulted.

Assuming pirate will ever pay in full I will pass along the weeks interest and the face value of the bond.

Again this bond is now dead and to make clear if pirate does not send fund the bonds are worth 0 BTC.

Thank you.

Ouch. Seems like Goat might be up to something. I'd be careful with him. He spreads a whole lot of FUD about anyone he doesn't personally like.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Well, since you're just giving out bitcoins, essentially, I request that my bet be raised from 20 BTC to 30 BTC.

No he is not essentially giving away BTCs....  If it were not for me buying bonds on GLBSE under 50% face I would be doing the same.

You're buying bonds? That's not what you said a few hours earlier..

Just to make clear the bond is now dead or closed as BTCST has failed to send me coins with in 72 hours or make interest payments.

Pirate has defaulted.

Assuming pirate will ever pay in full I will pass along the weeks interest and the face value of the bond.

Again this bond is now dead and to make clear if pirate does not send fund the bonds are worth 0 BTC.

Thank you.
25BTC
1FUGiNDgvuUYpLBG4iqimaG2Nu7WwXAUh1
no comment

Accepted.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
#RIP freemoney
25BTC
1FUGiNDgvuUYpLBG4iqimaG2Nu7WwXAUh1
no comment
Hey Matthew I could be interested now that you raised the bar, but I need to see some proof that you hold any amount of coins to pay all the bets beforehand. Think you could do that?

Sorry, I don't need to dance. Read the OP for rules. I'm glad you're interested, use an escrow if you feel a risk of losing your coins.

Yes you do, we all on the same dancing floor. And why should I use an escrow to make a bet with you? I don't trust anyone.

I'm just asking politely you prove that you own the coins set as maximum bet, by your own words in OP, so I can trust you and make my bet.
I can offer you the same as I offered dust:

I will bet you 100 Bitcoins that Matthew will fulfill his end of the deal within 3 weeks after a conclusion.

This means that if Matthew wins (pirate pays out) Matthew is done and I get 100 Bitcoins from you.
If it is decided that Matthew loses and has to pay you his side of the bet with you, and he /doesn't/ do so within 3 weeks, I will give you 100 Bitcoins. (The 3 weeks start after it's been decided that Matthew loses. Suggestions on how this should be decided?)

Sounds like a no brainer. Maybe parapain should put his money where his mouth his now that there's no way to fail.
Pages:
Jump to: