Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm really leaving the U.S. for a 3rd world country because of politics - page 13. (Read 15839 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
If you like to eat good, drink good and socialize, you'd love it in Serbia or any near country. Don't know what you've heard about Serbia but if you have finished some school or have some money saved, you'll love it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Welcome to my country named Philippines! I am hoping that soon many people -- like veterans and even young ones looking for other opportunities --  to look at the Philippines as a very viable place to live in. We offer a good climate and of course a very friendly culture that can accommodate foreigners well. Not to mention that we can understand English well. People who have the money can easily find someone here as their partners for a thriving business.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
It's really not that bad. Corruption is everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Generally speaking, moving to the Philippines is a step in the direction of slavery. Why? Their government is a civil law government. This means that it is formally a government that is a dictator by government.

A far better choice would be Belize, if you like Philippines-like climate. It is common law, where the basic rule of law is the 12-person jury, like the United States or Great Britain or Canada.

Rather than moving, why not seek to spread the knowledge of the power of the 12-person jury in the United States, and help to convert America back into the common law nation that it really is?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
Good luck.

Thank you!

Your arguments are valid but I want you to understand before taking that decision so you wont be frustrated afterall in the sense that what you are running away from is even staring at you in the face and there is nothing you can do about it. Oppression by the rich over the poor is the same in all climes of the society and because irrespective of where we find ourselves, people will always be people. So I will suggest you stop fighting to change the system why not try to be yourself and influence the little you can and stop worrying about the rest. By this you have peace with yourself.

I considered this point of view but to tell you the truth, America doesn't deserve to have me in it. I'm not going to waste the rest of my life being a drone for a boss who isn't necessarily smart but doesn't value life as much as I do and is therefore willing to make life worse for others in order to personally profit. Millions of Americans live like this, I guess it works for them, but I need to be my own boss... unfortunately its not going to pay well at first so I'd rather try it where its cheaper to live. And where I'm not drowning in hypocrisy.

Well, that is a good choice if you are settling in th Philippines. First contact or join a group of expats living in Philippines for community support. You can have a job in BPO, as most of this are American companies having their offices in Philippines serving the US and European markets. Remember, Philippines is having a War on Drugs now, be very informed about this.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to drop my resume off at a few places in Makati first, then Angeles, as those are where most of the good jobs seem to be located. I've been following Duterte since before the election and don't really know what to make of his policies. Other than there's no way I'll be doing drugs over there!
Activity: 382
Merit: 311
Another crybaby, excuse making social justice warrior down the drain. See ya!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Well, that is a good choice if you are settling in th Philippines. First contact or join a group of expats living in Philippines for community support. You can have a job in BPO, as most of this are American companies having their offices in Philippines serving the US and European markets. Remember, Philippines is having a War on Drugs now, be very informed about this.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Your arguments are valid but I want you to understand before taking that decision so you wont be frustrated afterall in the sense that what you are running away from is even staring at you in the face and there is nothing you can do about it. Oppression by the rich over the poor is the same in all climes of the society and because irrespective of where we find ourselves, people will always be people. So I will suggest you stop fighting to change the system why not try to be yourself and influence the little you can and stop worrying about the rest. By this you have peace with yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
MYTH: America's best days are ahead of us.

FACT: If you're not utterly ashamed to be an American right now, its because you're not paying attention.

MYTH: Thousands of people are following through on their word to emigrate from America if Trump becomes president.

FACT: I am. I was also planning on moving if Hillary became president, because fuck this.

I bought a plane ticket for a 1 month trip to the Philippines to see if I can make it there doing freelance editing, writing and tutoring work on the internet. The cost of living here is ridiculously expensive compared to there, but I think I could live comfortably as my own boss over there. Having been to Luzon once before for a couple weeks, it won't be an overwhelmingly foreign experience for me. It's really not that different from anywhere else, just impoverished, crowded and with desperation. Still, there's far more crackheads out of their mind in my current neighborhood than there are per square mile over there, and far more guns.

After having spent a decade of my life trying to convince white-collar criminals to stop abusing the health insurance system at the expense of the poor and the sickly and being met with opposition at every level, I'm giving up trying to have a "normal," run-of-the-mill life. America is supposed to be better than other countries because of the way we treat people, but we treat our own people like shit -- especially poor people, which are _most_ people (despite America being the richest country on earth). If there were better benefits to agreeing to be part of the beehive collective, perhaps I'd be more inclined to put up with an unfulfilling career working for an un-respectable boss. But the benefits suck and I can no longer be scared into complacency.

My goal is to find an employer in the Philippines that will sponsor my work visa so I can live there with my girlfriend, who is a citizen and currently lives there. She's from an impoverished part of Pangasinan, the kind of place where $200 is life-changing money. I feel like I can make more of a positive difference over there than here, so with any luck I will have moved out of the U.S. by spring.

I'm thinking about creating some sort of fundraiser so people who wanted to move out of the U.S. but can't in reality can donate me money to help pay for my transition. Then I could post updates about my move from the fundraiser page so they could live through me vicariously.

If you like this idea, you can show your support by leaving me a donation at the address in my profile, then I'll know that maybe the general public might do the same and I should start a GoFundMe or something.. Here's my booking confirmation for my ticket to Manila. Thanks for reading this!

Pages:
Jump to: