Pages:
Author

Topic: Impressive bitcoin one liners for non bitcoiners - page 15. (Read 37271 times)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin - becasue you're worth it.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Bitcoin is uncrackable until all disease is curable.

My thought behind this is that if a computer can brute force crack bitcoin, then it will also be able to fold all possible protein combinations. Excuse my innumeracy as poetic license.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Banks fear Bitcoin

or: Bankers fear Bitcoin

Get a bunch of those printed on signs and handed out down at Wall St. and all the other occupations. Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

proof-of-work means when the boss looks over your shoulder you point and say "look what i did!".

does proof-of-work have any other meaning to the average person?

Don't know about the "average person", but "work" is a physics term that measures energy consumed in Joules. One Joule is equal to a watt.second. Finding the "magic number" proves that on average, you expended a certain ammount of energy (given reasonable assumptions about your mining setup).

yep, sure. i was just pointing to the fact that this thread is supposed to be for 'non bitcoiners'.

i guess there are a lot of non-bitcoiners that studied physics, but i took it to mean 'non technically minded people'.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.

proof-of-work means when the boss looks over your shoulder you point and say "look what i did!".

Don't know about the "average person", but "work" is a physics term that measures energy consumed in Joules. One Joule is equal to a watt.second. Finding the "magic number" proves that on average, you expended a certain ammount of energy (given reasonable assumptions about your mining setup).
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: legal headache.

The line I usually use: "Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer crypto currency backed by proof-of-work and a public psuedonymous transaction record."

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
Bitcoin: legal headache.

The line I usually use: "Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer crypto currency backed by proof-of-work and a public psuedonymous transaction record."
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
The bitcoin network is a 36 (currently) million dollar enterprise.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
"Bitcoin: It's like breakfast for your wallet!"  Grin

"You know how wheels work, right? Bitcoin's largely the same!"  Grin

"You can't touch it, but you sure can mine it!" Grin
Activity: 300
I think we should stop wasting our time and energy on such kind of meaningless PR brainstorm. Why not some one good at coding start a free-of-charge\easy-to-go\easy-to-pay bitcoin Ebay service, and everybody who reply this post put up 1 or 2 his old stuff on sale?

Forbitcoin is full of ugly stuff.
bitcoinharbor charges the seller 5%
www.biddingpond.com force me into filling like 15 items to register, so I just give up. Cuz I don't think the buyer will be that patient.

I didnt have any issues posting my stuff to  bitcoinclassifieds.net

I have yet to find a easy to use site to locate local merchants accepting bitcoin though.
Activity: 168
God creats math and math creats bitcoin.
I think we should stop wasting our time and energy on such kind of meaningless PR brainstorm. Why not some one good at coding start a free-of-charge\easy-to-go\easy-to-pay bitcoin Ebay service, and everybody who reply this post put up 1 or 2 his old stuff on sale?

Forbitcoin is full of ugly stuff.
bitcoinharbor charges the seller 5%
www.biddingpond.com force me into filling like 15 items to register, so I just give up. Cuz I don't think the buyer will be that patient.
Activity: 182
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
Imagine if you could eliminate anonymous corporate influence over elections by watching transaction records of all the money going in and out of campaigns.
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
Satoshi himself gave us good lines when version 0.3 was released:

Announcing version 0.3 of Bitcoin, the P2P cryptocurrency!  Bitcoin is a digital currency using cryptography and a distributed network to replace the need for a trusted central server.  Escape the arbitrary inflation risk of centrally managed currencies!  Bitcoin's total circulation is limited to 21 million coins.  The coins are gradually released to the network's nodes based on the CPU power they contribute, so you can get a share of them by contributing your idle CPU time.

He is better with code than with words though.
Activity: 300

Bitcoin is the "local currency" that is used worldwide.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
We are such idiots! The OP asked for a sentence, and we offer up slogans. (I predict the next post to be slogans are sentences.)

Activity: 280
Firstbits: 12pqwk
BitCoin is FREE money!
Activity: 350
I never hashed for this...
Bitcoin: The most impressive currency white culture has produced...ever.
-Dr Ron Paul, 2012
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Foul cankering rust the hidden treasure frets,
But bitcoin that's put to use more bitcoins begets.
~William Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis, 1593

All the Bitcoin which is mined is not enough to give in exchange for virtue.

~Plato

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
How many bitcoin geeks does it take to change a light bulb....?

Just 1, but their chance of succeeding is only 1 in 2 to the 32nd times the current difficulty.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
Foul cankering rust the hidden treasure frets,
But bitcoin that's put to use more bitcoins begets.
~William Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis, 1593
Pages:
Jump to: