Pages:
Author

Topic: imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity - page 2. (Read 24962 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
any news on the ASIC front? or the dividend?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Thanks a lot for reporting this. Good to hear those <100BTC accounts include at least one on the higher end of that range. Also props to imsaguy for sticking with the interest agreement.

I still would like that update Imsaguy Smiley
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
So, any updates on this?  

I am happy to report that my full balance was paid out, including the dividends that had accumulated through September 6, 2012 when dividends were suspended.

I hope that this can put other investors at ease that they will eventually paid back.

The transaction in question:  http://blockchain.info/tx/0f695f9bbbbdce21a476ac7a425e39818297144a926a1bc571ff3343ba05fc15

How much was your full balance?

72.6606167 BTC
legendary
So, any updates on this?  

I am happy to report that my full balance was paid out, including the dividends that had accumulated through September 6, 2012 when dividends were suspended.

I hope that this can put other investors at ease that they will eventually paid back.

The transaction in question:  http://blockchain.info/tx/0f695f9bbbbdce21a476ac7a425e39818297144a926a1bc571ff3343ba05fc15

How much was your full balance?
So, any updates on this?  

legendary
Thanks for the update and +1 on the 1% a month interest.

If you decide not to use this thread to communicate anymore please PM me your email address and let's start a mailing list / just send out mails to all the investors in the bcc. I like updates Smiley
I'm considering starting a 1%/month payment while we wait for things to play out a bit as a show of good faith.

I think that would be a good idea as well. 
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
I have positions with 3 of the ASIC manufacturers (and considering making one with a 4th).  Obviously shipping order amongst the various manufacturers is somewhat of a concern and I didn't/don't want all of the eggs in one basket.  The manufacturers all have their estimates, but they are just that and as a result, subject to change.

I have paid towards a few small holdings to reduce the number of people affected by this.  They were <100 coins.

I've been watching the progress with CoinLab and am cautiously optimistic about that.  As the temperatures have gone down, I've been upclocking the gpus a bit which has been offsetting the diffchanges a bit, but obviously that will only go so far.

I'm considering starting a 1%/month payment while we wait for things to play out a bit as a show of good faith.

If this thread turns into a bunch of trolling by disinterested parties, I will close it as I typically communicate with those involved via other mediums.  Just because its the internet doesn't mean you shouldn't act halfway civil.
As of this morning Imsaguy has repaid all BTC owed to me.

Thanks very much and a pleasure doing business with you.

slider1978
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Could you give us an update please?

Hahaha you invested in THIS one too? Man alive, you are a retard.
What's your language m8. Don't go around insulting people, it's not considered nice.
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 210

Hahaha you invested in THIS one too? Man alive, you are a retard.
legendary
vip
And yes, this is dog.
Imsaguy, is that you?

No.  I'm more than willing to let the moderators confirm this.  I've been busy trolling contributing to other threads at this time.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
"Mining, if done right, will always be profitable", so far.... that is NOT the case with you.
"Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.", there's no way to prove you are actually holding the coins.
When ASIC comes and it makes sense, people would invest in it again. No need to stockpile BTC/USD for it.

Hello.

If you're selling something, you're supposed to try to convince people it's worth as much as possible. You make up bullshit about how you're illiquid and cash now is better, to you, than amazing earnings in the future, or something like that.

As it stands, you're not going to get the face value of the debt, because it never makes sense to buy debt at face value. If you go around everywhere bitching about how terrible imsaguy is, you're not even going to get anywhere close to that, because either people will be swayed by your statements and will believe that imsaguy is a piece of shit, or they'll know that you believe him to be a piece of shit and thus are willing to get rid of his debt at a hefty discount.

You sound like you've gone irrational on this whole thing, and are just flailing wildly to get some coins without paying attention to your reputation or even basic business skills. I suggest you take a break, and when you come back I'm sure your debt will be much healthier anyway.

And yes, this is dog.
Imsaguy, is that you?
dog
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
"Mining, if done right, will always be profitable", so far.... that is NOT the case with you.
"Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.", there's no way to prove you are actually holding the coins.
When ASIC comes and it makes sense, people would invest in it again. No need to stockpile BTC/USD for it.

Hello.

If you're selling something, you're supposed to try to convince people it's worth as much as possible. You make up bullshit about how you're illiquid and cash now is better, to you, than amazing earnings in the future, or something like that.

As it stands, you're not going to get the face value of the debt, because it never makes sense to buy debt at face value. If you go around everywhere bitching about how terrible imsaguy is, you're not even going to get anywhere close to that, because either people will be swayed by your statements and will believe that imsaguy is a piece of shit, or they'll know that you believe him to be a piece of shit and thus are willing to get rid of his debt at a hefty discount.

You sound like you've gone irrational on this whole thing, and are just flailing wildly to get some coins without paying attention to your reputation or even basic business skills. I suggest you take a break, and when you come back I'm sure your debt will be much healthier anyway.

And yes, this is dog.
legendary
Officially selling my imsaguy debt. It is over 1000BTC. If any of you guys are in this for the long haul, and agree with what imsaguy says, PM me.

"Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.", there's no way to prove you are actually holding the coins.

Hold it together, buddy, or you're going to make it clear that you're selling something that even you don't value.  You won't negotiate, so I'm not sure why you think you can actually sell it for what you're asking.

To be honest, you sound kind of crazy.  These are two consecutive posts from you in the same thread.  Do you actually make money in real life, or do people just pay you to stop singing by their gelato stand?
reeses.... you are the one that don't negotiate. You ask me how much is the paper debt worth, I told you the amount, and you said you are done.....
I said if you "agree with what imsaguy says".
legendary
I think you're trying to cut off your nose to spite your face.  You're looking at this in the shortest of possible of terms and failing to look at the larger picture.   Mining, if done right, will always be profitable.  Attempting to take too much out too quickly and not fully accounting for the rapid pace of depreciation is what screws things.  Look at what's going on with gigamining or any of the others, asic combined with the reward halving is flipping the mining field in unknown directions.  Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.  If price of coins goes up some, it makes buying hardware easier and less coins are diverted towards the keeping up and more coins are paid out.  If price goes down, then perhaps asic doesn't make sense and that means I can afford to buy more from "the day job", thereby decreasing the payback period.
"Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.", there's no way to prove you are actually holding the coins.
legendary
Now you are starting to make sense on some points again.
Then again, some of what you say makes no sense.
But I am tired of going and forth just to get a bit more info out.

Officially selling my imsaguy debt. It is over 1000BTC. If any of you guys are in this for the long haul, and agree with what imsaguy says, PM me.
vip
You are right, Coinlab and Asicminer aren't making anything now, and they probably never will. I've been trying to explain that to you earlier too.

I'm glad you think so, but the fact that more and more  people are joining coinlab seems to indicate people disagree with you there.  There's not a known timeline, but to say it probably never will is a little disingenuous.   There's already a huge market for gpu clusters, the field is rapidly growing and changing.  CoinLab is just working through the logistics.

ASICMiner will most likely produce a product and start making money.  They might rock the socks off BFL and the others or they might just be average.  Either way, they should produce a return and any returns are paid to GLBSE shareholders before the three principals.  Even a simple 1:1 return of capital ends up being a 10%+ return. 

We need to take the risk, either to keep investing in ASIC or say we have enough exposure already.
Keep investing in ASIC means we might get ahead, but if not, everything will be gone, nobody would likely be paid anything.
If we don't invest in ASIC, means people get paid in this waiting time, and possible in the future, we never see our principal back.

I think you're trying to cut off your nose to spite your face.  You're looking at this in the shortest of possible of terms and failing to look at the larger picture.   Mining, if done right, will always be profitable.  Attempting to take too much out too quickly and not fully accounting for the rapid pace of depreciation is what screws things.  Look at what's going on with gigamining or any of the others, asic combined with the reward halving is flipping the mining field in unknown directions.  Stockpiling a little coin right now is the most prudent thing.  If it turns out things are a bust, there's nothing preventing a payment of those in the future.  If price of coins goes up some, it makes buying hardware easier and less coins are diverted towards the keeping up and more coins are paid out.  If price goes down, then perhaps asic doesn't make sense and that means I can afford to buy more from "the day job", thereby decreasing the payback period.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Pages:
Jump to: