Pages:
Author

Topic: imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity - page 3. (Read 24960 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
I hope what I'm about to say makes sense:

Diff is expected to grow by leaps and bounds.  It will start out as an arms race with all this new gear.  Anyone that isn't ahead of the pack will get left in the dust.  If we don't get ahead of the pack, we'll be behind and once we're behind, it means things will take exponentially longer.

Coinlab isn't doing leased work, so we can't pretend that will make money until it actually is. 

Asicminer isn't paying dividends right now, so we can't pretend its making money until they start paying.  We don't even know what they'll pay because it depends on what they end up doing compared to BFL and the others.  I don't think it makes much sense to liquidate the position as the bid depth on GLBSE is lacking (which it always seems to be), which means the liquidating would be a huge loss.

Be patient.  These things aren't going to resolve overnight just because you wish it to happen.

Here's what I see:
Diff is expected to grow by leaps and bounds.  It will start out as an arms race with all this new gear.  Anyone that isn't ahead of the pack will get left in the dust.  If we don't get ahead of the pack, we'll be behind and once we're behind, it means things will take exponentially longer.
What makes you think you will be AHEAD of the pack? Someone could be dropping a million dollars right now into ASIC, and your dividends will definitely not be enough to create a million dollars.

You are right, Coinlab and Asicminer aren't making anything now, and they probably never will. I've been trying to explain that to you earlier too.

We need to take the risk, either to keep investing in ASIC or say we have enough exposure already.
Keep investing in ASIC means we might get ahead, but if not, everything will be gone, nobody would likely be paid anything.
If we don't invest in ASIC, means people get paid in this waiting time, and possible in the future, we never see our principal back.

Again, I think it is time for investors to decide what to do. I am favoring partial dividend payouts if not all. Just don't feel keep throwing money into something that didn't work out makes too much sense. But who knows, you might be 100% correct and rake in some serious BTC if you are ahead of the pack.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Any updates? A simple plan would suffice.

Waiting for the ASIC gear to arrive.
Using the current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Waiting on ASICMiner shares to start paying.
Waiting on CoinLab to start GPU leasing.

Continue paying out as funds become available from above mentioned activities.
So what you are saying is.....wait and wait.
It seems that you have enough ASICs from BFL orders and ASICMiner that can cover your principal payment down the road when ASIC happens. The CoinLab should also be viable if they are able to find customers.

Perhaps you should stop using current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Why? Because you stated that there have been a lot of messed up orders before. It would make sense to not keep throwing money down the same path. At this point, I think the investors should have a say in what to do with the BTCs generated now.
If you keep investing more into ASIC, what if something happened again that mess it up causing you to go broke again?
Wouldn't it be safer to use the BTC generated daily to pay out partial principal, and then wait to see what happens with ASICs.
This is investor's money you are handling, and the investors should be able to vote what to do. Why? B/c you are no longer paying the dividends, which means you are not the one controlling what happens from now on. If you were to continue paying dividends, then we the investors don't care what you do with the capital you have now.

I hope this makes sense.

I hope what I'm about to say makes sense:

Coinlab isn't doing leased work, so we can't pretend that will make money until it actually is. 

Asicminer isn't paying dividends right now, so we can't pretend its making money until they start paying.  We don't even know what they'll pay because it depends on what they end up doing compared to BFL and the others.  I don't think it makes much sense to liquidate the position as the bid depth on GLBSE is lacking (which it always seems to be), which means the liquidating would be a huge loss.

Be patient.  These things aren't going to resolve overnight just because you wish it to happen.

legendary

So what you are saying is.....wait and wait.
It seems that you have enough ASICs from BFL orders and ASICMiner that can cover your principal payment down the road when ASIC happens. The CoinLab should also be viable if they are able to find customers.

Perhaps you should stop using current dividends to acquire additional hardware.
Why? Because you stated that there have been a lot of messed up orders before. It would make sense to not keep throwing money down the same path. At this point, I think the investors should have a say in what to do with the BTCs generated now.
If you keep investing more into ASIC, what if something happened again that mess it up causing you to go broke again?
Wouldn't it be safer to use the BTC generated daily to pay out partial principal, and then wait to see what happens with ASICs.
This is investor's money you are handling, and the investors should be able to vote what to do. Why? B/c you are no longer paying the dividends, which means you are not the one controlling what happens from now on. If you were to continue paying dividends, then we the investors don't care what you do with the capital you have now.

I hope this makes sense.
vip

legendary
So, is THIS a new form of ZERO INTEREST Loans that you are setting the precedent for ?

....I like it. What was I thinking, paying interest this whole time I borrowed money or BTC from people.

You gentlemen are all Pioneers in the Wild, Wild West that is...BITCOIN.

Dividends, not interest.  They'll pick up again when asic starts.  Everyone that actually has a vested interest has been pretty supportive of this.
Activity: 686
Wat
well, at least it was enormously interesting.  

Bryan, the keyword is now...

imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity

...as in, involuntarily EXTENDED TO 3 Years....with ZERO % Interest, so I guess that is Interesting after all.

At least youre not facing inflation in fiat. Imsaguy is doing you a favour and actually saving you money.

This is a fucking joke.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron

Bryan, the keyword is now...

imsaguy's Enormously Interesting Extended Investment Opportunity

...as in, involuntarily EXTENDED TO 3 Years....with ZERO % Interest, so I guess that is Interesting after all.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot

Another shameful half-a-scam run by half-a-guy

Activity: 686
Wat
The opportunity to enjoy a sprightly chat with charming wits such as yourself?

Enough with the pleasantries ...... You want to tell me to FUCK OFF, so just do it....lol

Fuck off bitlane?

No... It doesn't mean as much unless it comes from reeses....lol

That was just mean.  What did jcpham ever do to you?

Drink a big cup of hot buttered cum, you slag-happy fuckaceratops!

He cant. You drank all pirates cum in Vegas.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

Enough with the pleasantries ...... You want to tell me to FUCK OFF, so just do it....lol

Fuck off bitlane?

Quoth reeses.
I heart thebaron
Thank you. I needed that...lol Wink
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

Fuck off bitlane?

Activity: 165
Your Argument is Irrelephant
sorry bro, I tried Smiley
I heart thebaron

Fuck off bitlane?

Activity: 165
Your Argument is Irrelephant

Fuck off bitlane?
I heart thebaron

I heart thebaron
You're right.  They could have acted like you and raised a stink on this forum.  That clearly got you your money back.

...and what has defending Trendon Shavers done for you and the people that you represent, again ?
vip
Everyone that actually has a vested interest has been pretty supportive of this.

No. It's LACK OF CHOICE.

You're right.  They could have acted like you and raised a stink on this forum.  That clearly got you your money back.
I heart thebaron
Everyone that actually has a vested interest has been pretty supportive of this.

No. It's LACK OF CHOICE.
vip
So, is THIS a new form of ZERO INTEREST Loans that you are setting the precedent for ?

....I like it. What was I thinking, paying interest this whole time I borrowed money or BTC from people.

You gentlemen are all Pioneers in the Wild, Wild West that is...BITCOIN.

Dividends, not interest.  They'll pick up again when asic starts.  Everyone that actually has a vested interest has been pretty supportive of this.
Pages:
Jump to: