Pages:
Author

Topic: [In Stock] Batch 8! Gridseed miners in Stock in Los Angeles. [$225] - page 18. (Read 54879 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
will Paypal return?

not only that i can use my interest-free credit card,
its realy a pita to proove payment in btc to customs

with PP you just fax the invoice and your parcel moves
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
I got my ten pack of Gridseeds today but I haven't had much luck. One of the power supplies provided was dead from the get go. The other power supply had a flashing green light after plugging in a couple, and now won't power even one. So I haven't been able to test most of my Gridseeds. Is there any recommended alternative power supply I can get for 10? Ideally I don't want to get an individual power supply for each one. I also hope the power supplies didn't damage any of the Gridseeds.

After reading this guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-gridseed-gc3355-5-chip-setuppowerwindowslinuxrpi-by-unicornhasher-494625 ...and stories like yours, I'm not touching those PSUs.  I plan on using those PCI-E cables on zoomhash.com with a good ATX PSU.

Although I'm wondering...why just three barrels per PCI-E connector?  Those can handle more than 7W x3.

If you don't want to wait, you could fashion your own PCI-E power to those barrel connector wires.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I got my ten pack of Gridseeds today but I haven't had much luck. One of the power supplies provided was dead from the get go. The other power supply had a flashing green light after plugging in a couple, and now won't power even one. So I haven't been able to test most of my Gridseeds. Is there any recommended alternative power supply I can get for 10? Ideally I don't want to get an individual power supply for each one. I also hope the power supplies didn't damage any of the Gridseeds.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Good deal!  I just bought 20 pack OEM only (no accessories).  Big price diff between that and the starter kit ($800!).  I figured I could buy the accessories separately and still come out on top.

I hope it's as easy as I read all over bitcointalk.org.  These things sound like they are very low power for just scrypt mining.  I might be able to power another 20 with the same ATX PSU!  (20x 7W = 140 W, not including USB hub and RPi).

BTW, I used the zoomzom code, but I also see here there's unicornhash.  Are they the same discount, just a different code to see where people are finding the promos?

The zoomzoom code popped up while I was surfing the zoomhash.com website.  The unicornhash code was from this thread (OP).

Not sure if it's still active, but "reddit2" used to give you 12% off insted of the 8% (or similar) of "zoomzoom".
Activity: 677
Good deal!  I just bought 20 pack OEM only (no accessories).  Big price diff between that and the starter kit ($800!).  I figured I could buy the accessories separately and still come out on top.

I hope it's as easy as I read all over bitcointalk.org.  These things sound like they are very low power for just scrypt mining.  I might be able to power another 20 with the same ATX PSU!  (20x 7W = 140 W, not including USB hub and RPi).

BTW, I used the zoomzom code, but I also see here there's unicornhash.  Are they the same discount, just a different code to see where people are finding the promos?

The zoomzoom code popped up while I was surfing the zoomhash.com website.  The unicornhash code was from this thread (OP).
Hey everybody Smiley

I just received my 10 pack and i think most of it's here, but i don't seem to have gotten a PSU. maybe i'm just blind. Here's a picture of all I've gotten besides the miners:

http://imgur.com/6NTsLJ9

That the power plugs are american was to be foreseen, so I have to buy those, but do i also have to get myself a PSU?

Also, what kind of power does the Raspberry use and where can i connect it to a Monitor?

I see 3 power brick right there so u might what to look again.

Yea, i was just confused, that most guides on this board use a different kind of PSU. I think i figured everything out about the wiring now, but as soon as i power up the Extension cable with the Miners and USB-Hub, the fuses get blown out. I found 2 power cables with EU-standards, but had to use 1 adapter for the other one. Might that be the problem? I know this kind of remote diagnosis probably won't work, but it's worth a try Cheesy
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Hey everybody Smiley

I just received my 10 pack and i think most of it's here, but i don't seem to have gotten a PSU. maybe i'm just blind. Here's a picture of all I've gotten besides the miners:

That the power plugs are american was to be foreseen, so I have to buy those, but do i also have to get myself a PSU?

Also, what kind of power does the Raspberry use and where can i connect it to a Monitor?

I see 3 power brick right there so u might what to look again.
Hey everybody Smiley

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
well looks like you should get an rma from zoom hash see what he says first.

then if he does not want to rma seems to me you put in a paypal claim.

btw this is why i use power bricks with a splitter.  only 2 grid seeds per power source.  so if you kill 1 psu via a short only 2 grid seeds are at risk.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050H9A18/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE7GQQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

runs 2 grid seeds for ltc only
All I did is after running 2 hr, I turn off and back on. Big bang!!! No smoke at all. Power tripped. 2 PSU and USB hub dead, no light.

Rig was running for ltc only with RPI(with zoomhash image).

And I think 5 of my GS is dead too. No green light.

All wiring is done perfect, you can't go wrong with the gear they send in x10 pack in terms of wiring.
legendary
Oh one last thing with paypal if the gear blows up in 44 days or less I am covered. So the argument that  losing the paypal button is no big deal is wrong.

I am happy to hear that!!! So I am covered by PayPal??

I don't know since I don't know what you did?

If you broke the gear via bad wiring  you are not covered.

But if the gear came broken and you did not mishandle it you should be covered.

I use   bricks to run my gear since I can not mis wire the gear doing that.
Oh one last thing with paypal if the gear blows up in 44 days or less I am covered. So the argument that  losing the paypal button is no big deal is wrong.

I am happy to hear that!!! So I am covered by PayPal??
legendary
Oh one last thing with paypal if the gear blows up in 44 days or less I am covered. So the argument that  losing the paypal button is no big deal is wrong. 

Even if you do not take a loan you get 44-45 days coverage for death of the miner and you get  a 2% discount using your paypal credit card and paying it off the next statement.
legendary
i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

It is gone but why don't you just pay on your card or buy BTC and pay with those? which ever way you do it it's still costing the same amount so i don't really see what the issue is?

That is wrong info on your part.  I get multiple paypal discounts that do not change the money that goes to zoomhash.

I get 2 % off and 6 months interest free to pay.

So an order that comes to 400 bucks will cost me 392 if I use paypal and I get 6 months to pay it interest free.  

Zoomhash's removal of paypal will most likely end my purchasing from him. I purchased 13 pieces from him. Orders of 1 , 2 or 3 pieces each time.

The ability to pay these over time with 0 % is very big as I can use the coins earned to pay them off.

The math comes to 392 owed 0 paid.  2 grids mine 700kh  that is about 60 a month  so in five  months I would  earn 300 and owe about 92 bucks to paypal.

I can sell them at 100 each in 5 months and pay off the  last 92 and make 100 bucks profit on zero money out of pocket for every 2 grids purchased via paypal.

No other way to purchase them is as good as doing this. I would need to pay upfront and to make up for that I would need a price of 300 for 2.

What makes you think that your monthly income in BTC (60 a month) will stay the same? If you look at the previous months and the entire cryptocoin history you will know that it reduces every week. Lending money like you do is a serious risk, how will you pay if a miner blows up after 2 months?

I have  0 risk  of non-payment   why? I  have all the funds needed to pay off on hand.

LTC has huge up and down swings in difficulty.

Difficulty History

Date   Difficulty   Change   Hash Rate
Mar 26 2014   5,421   -7.10%   155,220 MH/s
Mar 22 2014   5,835   1.74%   167,086 MH/s
Mar 19 2014   5,736   11.11%   164,237 MH/s
Mar 16 2014   5,162   9.39%   147,815 MH/s
Mar 13 2014   4,719   -0.39%   135,131 MH/s
Mar 09 2014   4,738   20.81%   135,660 MH/s
Mar 06 2014   3,922   7.84%   112,289 MH/s
Mar 03 2014   3,637   15.62%   104,125 MH/s
Feb 28 2014   3,145   -5.33%   90,059 MH/s
Feb 24 2014   3,322   15.73%   95,131 MH/s
Feb 21 2014   2,871   -10.48%   82,200 MH/s
Feb 17 2014   3,207   19.21%   91,824 MH/s
Feb 14 2014   2,690   0.59%   77,026 MH/s
Feb 11 2014   2,674   -23.76%   76,575 MH/s
Feb 06 2014   3,508   24.37%   100,436 MH/s
Feb 03 2014   2,820   -14.54%   80,753 MH/s
Jan 30 2014   3,300   34.24%   94,496 MH/s
Jan 28 2014   2,458   -21.46%   70,391 MH/s
Jan 23 2014   3,130   -21.71%   89,624 MH/s
Jan 19 2014   3,998   1.69%   114,482 MH/s

Activity: 693
i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

It is gone but why don't you just pay on your card or buy BTC and pay with those? which ever way you do it it's still costing the same amount so i don't really see what the issue is?

That is wrong info on your part.  I get multiple paypal discounts that do not change the money that goes to zoomhash.

So an order that comes to 400 bucks will cost me 392 if I use paypal and I get 6 months to pay it interest free.  

Zoomhash's removal of paypal will most likely end my purchasing from him. I purchased 13 pieces from him. Orders of 1 , 2 or 3 pieces each time.

The ability to pay these over time with 0 % is very big as I can use the coins earned to pay them off.

The math comes to 392 owed 0 paid.  2 grids mine 700kh  that is about 60 a month  so in five  months I would  earn 300 and owe about 92 bucks to paypal.

I can sell them at 100 each in 5 months and pay off the  last 92 and make 100 bucks profit on zero money out of pocket for every 2 grids purchased via paypal.

No other way to purchase them is as good as doing this. I would need to pay upfront and to make up for that I would need a price of 300 for 2.

What makes you think that your monthly income in BTC (60 a month) will stay the same? If you look at the previous months and the entire cryptocoin history you will know that it reduces every week. Lending money like you do is a serious risk, how will you pay if a miner blows up after 2 months?
legendary

Activity: 10
i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

Because I have paypal cash I want to spend.
Activity: 21
i'm looking to purchase a 10 pack but I can't seem to find the paypal button.. was it taken down?  it was there yesterday..

Activity: 10
Activity: 693
Has anyone heard from ZH since Mar 22?

Yes, Micheal has been answering my pm's and my 3rd order is already in the hands of USPS. Zoomhash also emails me about the track & trace status now which is cool Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: