Pages:
Author

Topic: [In Stock] Batch 8! Gridseed miners in Stock in Los Angeles. [$225] - page 13. (Read 54879 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
I am having a bad experience so far with ordering with ZoomHash.com. I've placed an order for 20 gridseed units on 4/6/2014 paying via discovercard, All I got after the order process was complete was an order number, no email confirmation or anything.

Then I went to ZoomHash.com website and logged into my account and its showing that I have placed no orders. So I log into discovercard website to find that I have a charge for that order. So I write a email on Sunday expecting a reply on Monday about this problem.

Monday comes along and no reply.. So I try calling them Monday night, I spoke with a guy called Bob, he said he will take a look at my order number and get back to me.

He never got back to me, So I called them again on Tuesday morning talked to the same Bob, got the same reply. He never called, so I called him again later in the day, got the same reply but this time he told me to additionally write another email to him. I went ahead and sent him an email about it, still no reply.

Discover Card today morning now says that there has been a possible fraudulent charge on the credit card, and want me to confirm the charge, which I am pretty sure is because of the order size and does not speak to the reputation of ZoomHash.

But based on what has happened so far, from my point of view it seems that ZoomHash might be a scam (process small orders to get reviews and hook the large orders or something like that), and I am contemplating contacting discovercard, shopify about this experience and having them open a fraud ticket as they have yet to confirm that I have even placed an order. I would say stay away from them for large orders at least.

This is probably Hash-master or a competitor trying to spread FUD. Give us your order # please.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
I am having a bad experience so far with ordering with ZoomHash.com. I've placed an order for 20 gridseed units on 4/6/2014 paying via discovercard, All I got after the order process was complete was an order number, no email confirmation or anything.

Then I went to ZoomHash.com website and logged into my account and its showing that I have placed no orders. So I log into discovercard website to find that I have a charge for that order. So I write a email on Sunday expecting a reply on Monday about this problem.

Monday comes along and no reply.. So I try calling them Monday night, I spoke with a guy called Bob, he said he will take a look at my order number and get back to me.

He never got back to me, So I called them again on Tuesday morning talked to the same Bob, got the same reply. He never called, so I called him again later in the day, got the same reply but this time he told me to additionally write another email to him. I went ahead and sent him an email about it, still no reply.

Discover Card today morning now says that there has been a possible fraudulent charge on the credit card, and want me to confirm the charge, which I am pretty sure is because of the order size and does not speak to the reputation of ZoomHash.

But based on what has happened so far, from my point of view it seems that ZoomHash might be a scam (process small orders to get reviews and hook the large orders or something like that), and I am contemplating contacting discovercard, shopify about this experience and having them open a fraud ticket as they have yet to confirm that I have even placed an order. I would say stay away from them for large orders at least.

Lets see you have 1 post are new.  and zoom hash has sold 10 thousand or more of these.   What was your order number?   you can  leave the last 2 numbers off.   like 0000xx    I made an order on april and I would know if at least you order number could be real.  right now you look more like the scammer then he does.

BTW I ordered 20 gridseeds 2 and 3 at a time I used 2 different cc's with them and my paypal account. no worries so far.

Seriously do not let my post anger you.  Just post your order number with xx for the last 2 numbers.  I would then say you could be real.

Best regards Phil
Activity: 420
Out of curiosity, are you folks planning on carrying the G-Blade?  It looks interesting but a) I don't trust any of the resellers listed on the Gridseed page and b) I'd rather purchase from a company I've dealt with before.  There aren't any specifics listed in the GS material (like MOQ numbers for the 5-chip units), so I'm wondering how these are being handled via resale.

Thanks!

Edit (but didn't want to add another post):  Awesome Zoomhash!  Just got a txt message to let me know my package is out for delivery.  Not bad for ordering late on Sunday night. Smiley 
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
I definately have a bad unit.  Can anyone tell me how to find out which unit is actually bad without having to pull one out until I find the bad one?  I think one of the units has a bad chip.

I highlighted it yellow.  I'm on a raspberry pi using zoomhash's distro with cgminer.  You can see all are producing except for a single chip on GSD 16.

Thanks.

Activity: 49
Here is what I am using to power my gs. I only have 5 now but hope to get quite a bit more later on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Proliant-DL580-G5-1200W-12V-AC-Hot-Plug-Power-Supply-438202-001-441830-001-/301142899605?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item461d83fb95

its a 900w ps when run at 120v. or 1200w at 240v.

So at 900w at each one runnng at 7 w

900/7= 128 gridseeds on one HP power supply

or is some brave soul is brave enough, he/she could plug in 240 into this powersupply

1200/7= 171 gridseeds off one power supply.

all for $28 I was able to get mine for $17 a couple of months ago.
I was hoping to have a better experience with Zoomhash compared to Hash-Master but that's not the case so far. I ordered 10 from Hash Master on 3/16 paying with Bitcoin. Not sure if anything has changed with them but if you ordered with BTC, there was no way to go through an order process and give them an address. I had to hound them to give me an order number and send multiple follow-ups to get a tracking number. Then when I did get a tracking number, they didn't actually drop the package to UPS for days later. And they forgot to include the power supplies so those came separate. They've sent me a 3rd tracking number for who knows what at this point…

So on to my ZH experience, I wanted to order 10 more gridseeds and read better things about Zoomhash. I ordered on Sunday. They guarentee same day shipping, which I assume would be Monday. No shipment sent Monday. I sent an email at 1:30pm PST hoping that they would ship today. Still nothing. So much for guaranteeing same day shipping on something I paid $70 shipping for. On top of that, the next batch shipping the day after tomorrow is $20 cheaper per gridseed.

And lastly, they advertise they accept Paypal but the Paypal button was missing all weekend. I emailed them and asked if they were still accepting Paypal. I would have preferred to use Bill Me Later than my credit card. I did get a response saying they no longer do. And then the next day the Paypal checkout feature is back…

I did email requesting they cancel my order so I can re-order batch 14 gridseeds using Paypal. Hoping I get a quick response.

Hey Mattle,

Sorry for the delay, we had some issues over the weekend with fraudulent credit card charges and paypal issues. Which we cleared up. What is your order number? We will cancel the order for you and give you the new pricing for the later batches. Thanks

Please PM us your order number thanks.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I was hoping to have a better experience with Zoomhash compared to Hash-Master but that's not the case so far. I ordered 10 from Hash Master on 3/16 paying with Bitcoin. Not sure if anything has changed with them but if you ordered with BTC, there was no way to go through an order process and give them an address. I had to hound them to give me an order number and send multiple follow-ups to get a tracking number. Then when I did get a tracking number, they didn't actually drop the package to UPS for days later. And they forgot to include the power supplies so those came separate. They've sent me a 3rd tracking number for who knows what at this point…

So on to my ZH experience, I wanted to order 10 more gridseeds and read better things about Zoomhash. I ordered on Sunday. They guarentee same day shipping, which I assume would be Monday. No shipment sent Monday. I sent an email at 1:30pm PST hoping that they would ship today. Still nothing. So much for guaranteeing same day shipping on something I paid $70 shipping for. On top of that, the next batch shipping the day after tomorrow is $20 cheaper per gridseed.

And lastly, they advertise they accept Paypal but the Paypal button was missing all weekend. I emailed them and asked if they were still accepting Paypal. I would have preferred to use Bill Me Later than my credit card. I did get a response saying they no longer do. And then the next day the Paypal checkout feature is back…

I did email requesting they cancel my order so I can re-order batch 14 gridseeds using Paypal. Hoping I get a quick response.
Activity: 249

While each yellow 18-gauge wire can support up to 16A, 6 pins PCI-E cable supposedly support up to 150W. It is fine if you are running Gridseed scrypt mode only.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
both power bricks dont work - what do I do? sent an email but no response.

I did get ZH to respond and issue and RMA for my toasted seeds.
Activity: 6
Activity: 420
grabbed my 19th and 20th gridseeds today.  that will max me . fingers crossed they are pretty good so far.

Just placed an order for my 2nd and 3rd. Cheesy  Just need to explain to the wife that I'll be selling the GPU's that are currently sitting in a pile in the office to offset the purchase.  First one ordered was delivered fast and works great.
legendary
grabbed my 19th and 20th gridseeds today.  that will max me . fingers crossed they are pretty good so far.
how do I get replacements? some are not working

send an rma request to [email protected].
Activity: 6
how do I get replacements? some are not working
legendary
yeah so it should be a lot lower then the 2999 they ask for it.
ZiG
Activity: 406
legendary
I saw it. But given recent crypto slump I don't think I can justify buying it.

the above is pretty accurate.

adding a single 350kh gridseed is about 170-180 usd.

10 = 3500kh  cost is 1700 - 1800 and you can add one at a time. add 135 to power them.

and yes I  added in psu for the 16 units     8 of these  is 80 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VE7GQQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050H9A18/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

plus 8 of these is 33 bucks

wire management

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HPX46U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

16 = 5250kh cost would be 2700 - 2880  + 135 = 2850- 3015   for the more hash power as the new blade. about 5600

the blade = 2999.

so  it need to be under 16 5 chip units not more or equal.

ie 2300 usd tops  and that is still a high price.
Activity: 280
I saw it. But given recent crypto slump I don't think I can justify buying it.
Pages:
Jump to: