Pages:
Author

Topic: In the past where taxes were honoured ~ - page 3. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
February 23, 2020, 05:21:51 PM
I honestly will be glad to pay more if I have lots of extra money. But it's OK to get everyone to pay their taxes. It's probably not OK to force taxes on people who don't deserve to be taxed.. . like people who don't use things that a society places tax on. I am not sure if it's OK to tax someone who doesn't depend on a society to survive. He/she can choose to donate to the society, and such donations should be rewarded in some ways... maybe with some kind of ratings.
I bet you won't pay taxes once you made more money (I am not directly saying you by the way) because governments asking people to pay taxes at insane rate so why anyone should give their hard earned money to someone for doing nothing that is why rich people avoid taxes legally and illegally and its possible for them to do because they are making money from business not from salaries.

So what can be done to encourage everyone to pay their taxes is to reduce the tax rate to the practical level and use the collected tax amount to the people development not to your personal development. Cheesy
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
February 23, 2020, 03:00:38 AM
I read this post on Instagram , was more of a fact page , they talked about the tax system in the old periods .
One such country astounded me , the system was simple yet effective.
So at the end of the month or the year , only the richest people were supposed to pay taxes and it was considered a big honor , then the highest tax payer was awarded in a way where he was supposed to do something good for the community , like Making road or something .
Firstly I do not take credit for the post but I do think ,this system was rather effective , how did it come to this.
People actually thought of it as a rewarding system instead of escaping from it .
Do you think it was fair ?
Do you think the government needs to look back and search for alternatives , for the loop holes ? Taking some inspiration from the past.

(Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the specific site giving information about it please post the link below if you are lucky enough to find it )

The tax system you are describing never existed in any civilization in the entire human history.I guess the author of the Instagram post was describing some sort of utopian society,where the rich people are generous and want to give more to the community.The tax system described in the post is everything else but effective.In every country in the human history,most of the tax revenue are gathered from the middle class and the working class.The rich people could avoid tax payments,because they can corrupt politicians and clerks,or they could simply move to another country.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 23, 2020, 02:56:13 AM
In the current system this might be problematic as it essentially rewards big spenders and big blowouts of money...

The people buying the roads may not have been so thrilled with the concept either as they probably only did internal servers from within the government. Atm rich people are pretty well known for their work so I doubt it'd do much for them other than be a burden. Also the richest person probably just found ways to try to hide their wealth too or give a small amount to the second richest to stick them with the liability.

I guess roads could just be concessioned to people who can maintain them, build new ones, etc. The road will still be owned by the community.   Question is, how do you make maintaining & repairing of a road profitable to the people you hand it over to without over burdening the community while trying to make it profitable? One of the ways to do this is probably to concession some part of the lands around the road to them... so that they can make good use of lands and earn extra profit from them.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
February 23, 2020, 02:33:18 AM
I honestly will be glad to pay more if I have lots of extra money. But it's OK to get everyone to pay their taxes. It's probably not OK to force taxes on people who don't deserve to be taxed.. . like people who don't use things that a society places tax on. I am not sure if it's OK to tax someone who doesn't depend on a society to survive. He/she can choose to donate to the society, and such donations should be rewarded in some ways... maybe with some kind of ratings.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 22, 2020, 04:54:10 PM
In the current system this might be problematic as it essentially rewards big spenders and big blowouts of money...

The people buying the roads may not have been so thrilled with the concept either as they probably only did internal servers from within the government. Atm rich people are pretty well known for their work so I doubt it'd do much for them other than be a burden. Also the richest person probably just found ways to try to hide their wealth too or give a small amount to the second richest to stick them with the liability.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
February 22, 2020, 04:48:08 PM
I read this post on Instagram , was more of a fact page , they talked about the tax system in the old periods .
One such country astounded me , the system was simple yet effective.
So at the end of the month or the year , only the richest people were supposed to pay taxes and it was considered a big honor , then the highest tax payer was awarded in a way where he was supposed to do something good for the community , like Making road or something .
Firstly I do not take credit for the post but I do think ,this system was rather effective , how did it come to this.
People actually thought of it as a rewarding system instead of escaping from it .
Do you think it was fair ?
Do you think the government needs to look back and search for alternatives , for the loop holes ? Taking some inspiration from the past.

(Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the specific site giving information about it please post the link below if you are lucky enough to find it )
Pages:
Jump to: