Pages:
Author

Topic: Increased Number of Scammers - page 10. (Read 17989 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 22, 2018, 05:27:04 AM
Can't avoid this and i think until cryptocurrency become popular the number of scammers are increasing
And not only the scammers increasing also a vitctims of this bad ways of earnings
And this have a bad effect for cryptocurrency reputation
I advise to all people to avoid become a victim of scammers do not trust, olease investigate amd study the project before  investing the project offers
All are true but no one is perfect in the world. So we must protect ourself and do not blame other peoples. In current scenario peoples are earning bad way but many bounty campaign also cheating so no one is truly survive in the crypto platform.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
September 22, 2018, 05:04:28 AM
The crypto market has always been a class of fraudsters who are trying to scam others, but we should see that the market is going to get rid of it and take measures to overcome those scams. Pay attention not to over-believe people.
Dont’t believe easily if its too good to be true. Because of the increased popularity of cryptocurrency scammers finds this market more attractive, but we must not be scared to them we should focus on securing our wallet and don’t trust anyone. There’s a scammers everywhere, its hard to stop them but hopefully we will not become a victim of those scams.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 22, 2018, 04:48:25 AM
The crypto market has always been a class of fraudsters who are trying to scam others, but we should see that the market is going to get rid of it and take measures to overcome those scams. Pay attention not to over-believe people.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 22, 2018, 03:55:11 AM
Nowadays many ICO projects scam, it can be said that we can not analyze the project is not good quality and the project is deceptive, in my opinion should not invest risky but be careful before invest
Right. And i think this is the only reason many people have suffered immensely. Investing is a project with no potential on its back and with zero probability of profitability is very risky. There are tricks and steps following which you might be able to evaluate a project and decide whether or not to invest.

The investment risk is the first. See if there is risk in investing in the said project. Liquidity and general acceptability also gives you an insight into the status of the project. Check out the security features as well. The more the investment secure, the less the chances to loose.
Activity: 340
Merit: 4
September 22, 2018, 02:51:07 AM
Due to the increased popularity of cryptocurrencies, there has been an increased number of scammers both in terms of ICOs and in social media. You would find "official" representatives that would "propose lucrative deals" in the name of the legit company. There is only one result as a consequence - you losing your assets.
Thus, always keep in mind that real official channels of communications work. Also, if you see those posts in social media promising returns without a legit background (a.k.a. a full-blown platform) is a sure way to lose money. Creating bots on Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram is quite easy these days. Make sure not to repeat mistakes that others made before you https://www.cryptocointrade.com/
Not to mention mining pools and app scams going on right now. Some of the Facebook groups that were excellent in terms of trading discussions now turned into scam marketing sites.
Scammers will not gone they are always there to scam the people. When it comes to money many people attract to do bad things instead to do a good thing. That's why we need to be vigilant in crypto world because scammers is everywhere wait to people they want to be their victim.

This is what I am always thinking on every step that I made especially in the exchanges because I have a terrible experience in the trades that made me lose my money. Besides that, I have another bad experience in the cloud mining service in my first time to know cryptocurrency, and now, I don't believe with any of cloud mining because I cannot make any profit with them. I prefer mining in my home or doing trading because I can control the process and I can see how much I can make.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
September 22, 2018, 02:40:39 AM
That's why you need to be more selective for what project do you invest.
Remember cryptocurrency is high risk high reward activity so make sure that you have prepare to loss and consider profit as the bonus.

Scammer is just like criminal that looking for the profit !
With every new bug being spotted in the cyber security of the technology you choose, the security is further tightened. For example Bitcoin is very secure because of the blockchain technology. But scamming is not something new in the market.

It has been there since the start and even still the technology is operating with people investing in different projects and holding them for long. The probability of hacking a wallet having coins is very low, almost less than 0.1% in case of blockchain technology.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 21, 2018, 06:42:16 PM
Can't avoid this and i think until cryptocurrency become popular the number of scammers are increasing
And not only the scammers increasing also a vitctims of this bad ways of earnings
And this have a bad effect for cryptocurrency reputation
I advise to all people to avoid become a victim of scammers do not trust, olease investigate amd study the project before  investing the project offers
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
September 21, 2018, 06:12:59 PM
Due to the increased popularity of cryptocurrencies, there has been an increased number of scammers both in terms of ICOs and in social media. You would find "official" representatives that would "propose lucrative deals" in the name of the legit company. There is only one result as a consequence - you losing your assets.
Thus, always keep in mind that real official channels of communications work. Also, if you see those posts in social media promising returns without a legit background (a.k.a. a full-blown platform) is a sure way to lose money. Creating bots on Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram is quite easy these days. Make sure not to repeat mistakes that others made before you https://www.cryptocointrade.com/
Not to mention mining pools and app scams going on right now. Some of the Facebook groups that were excellent in terms of trading discussions now turned into scam marketing sites.
Scammers will not gone they are always there to scam the people. When it comes to money many people attract to do bad things instead to do a good thing. That's why we need to be vigilant in crypto world because scammers is everywhere wait to people they want to be their victim.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
That is what it entails. Scammers are now so much in this industry and everyone needs to be careful in everything we do. Scammers are getting on the increase and they need to be reduced as well in this industry
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
September 21, 2018, 12:59:10 PM
Yes i found many link phising of exchanges and wallet, so when we put money in to cryptocurrency is important to make sure we have some knowledge how to avoid it. Hacker is always looking for many ways to stolen our money,  so we should also have protection for our digital asset. Use anti malware on every device and always login by use bookmark link is one of the way to avoid that.
There has always been phishing links, from emails, adverts, name them and it is only left for each individual to try as much as possible to get equipped with the knowledge on how to be vigilant based on some of these things and how they should keep their accounts secured if they do not want to end up being a victim. Hackers and scammers have always tried to find different means of stealing from people right from the onset, and you only have a part to play as a person to be able to rid such.

In ico's i dont know exactly where they gonna use the funds of the investors who buy there tokens. Because if we dont meet the ico's softcap raised they are being scam and dont pay back our money who help to improve there project.
Help to improve project in what way? Bounty? If the ICO does not end up successful, then it is normal for any bounty hunter not to receive payment for the job they have done which is one of the risk of bounty hunting anyway, and it can only become a scam if they ended up not refunding the investors’ money back to them. What is imperative is for you to at least try as much as possible to know how to identify scams by doing the needful research if you do not want to be a victim.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
September 20, 2018, 11:17:15 AM
Nowadays many ICO projects scam, it can be said that we can not analyze the project is not good quality and the project is deceptive, in my opinion should not invest risky but be careful before invest
Pick good ICO for now is very hard, not like in past when ICO success in their sale, success too in market and investor get profit. Because of some investors stuck in ICO that not success, it affected for ICOs nowadays.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
September 20, 2018, 10:17:06 AM
The quality is dropping significantly though. Back in the day crypto was so filled with scammers that I am guessing over 300-400 thousand bitcoins have been stolen from people by scams like mtgox and cryptsy and hashflare and similar other stuff, those people got sued however no matter how much they got sued in the end those bitcoins are gone, those are billion dollar losses.

Thankfully even tho there are people who make phishing websites or asks you to invest or whatever type of scam they are doing, the number increased but the amount of btc scammed everyday in crypto is dropping because quality of scammers are dropping as well.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 19, 2018, 11:21:11 PM
All ICO projects can be invested after we take the risk and jump into it right away.
There is no other way in the world where you can identify and say that this is the legit project.
And it doesnt work like that, you still have to work hard for it and keep yourself updated with the team all the time.
And yes scam is everywhere. So just be updated and take precautions against such scam/scammers.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
September 19, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

Scammers or scamming is not quite new in this generation, we just don't notice them lurking in the dark side of the internet waiting for their prey. If you been scammed already for so many times, you could easily know if a certain social media campaign or ICO is a scam or not, still, there are ICOs that seems legit in the start but turned out to be a scam at the end, being careful is necessary to avoid such thing to happen.

They are scamming people for easy money, instead of giving the promised allocated bounty to all of the bounty hunters who joined their bounty, they run the funds and celebrate their wrong deeds.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
September 19, 2018, 02:29:48 PM

I guess we can't really avoid that, especially since the market is doing well in terms of raking in big money. It's a high-risk-high-reward type of market, and it could bring big success through profits if you choose the best coins or projects to invest in. Therefore, that new light of success would surely interest those people who have shady characters and are only in the market to find the opportunity and chance to take advantage of others. For example, how airdrops have been very notorious with these scams of stealing information from people who enroll in them, only to find out that they are not legit airdrops projects.
Scammers now are everywhere hunting noobs people just to fall their traps, very well known that very risk when you fill up their form and clicking the link of that airdrop given to claim reward but they give a phishing site. I was encountered on that situation before when I was clicking the link I know that is a phishing site.
They now totally increase when they know that the ICO projects are very profitable when it comes to investments or being bounty hunters. So, we much do research first before engaging in any project that has a promise that having a big ROI. We can avoid these possible scams if we knowledgeable and not easy to fool.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
September 19, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

I guess we can't really avoid that, especially since the market is doing well in terms of raking in big money. It's a high-risk-high-reward type of market, and it could bring big success through profits if you choose the best coins or projects to invest in. Therefore, that new light of success would surely interest those people who have shady characters and are only in the market to find the opportunity and chance to take advantage of others. For example, how airdrops have been very notorious with these scams of stealing information from people who enroll in them, only to find out that they are not legit airdrops projects.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
September 19, 2018, 09:30:15 AM
Yes you were right. There are so many scammers now compare to previous time. I remember, last year when bitcoin is going up the number of bounty hunters doubled as well as the number of bounties. Most bounties are to end at the month of November. I joined a campaign and when the month of November come, there's issue arise the "November Scams".
Activity: 602
Merit: 103
September 19, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
To mention, some of the projects that are out and those who are conducting their ICO with no real blockchain implications are just here to gather funds for their company or themselves going to be a SH*TCOIN in the future or a runaway scam.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
September 19, 2018, 05:34:49 AM
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
September 19, 2018, 05:21:46 AM
The vitality of the fraudsters in the cryptocurrency world comes from trust and consensus, greed, blindness, fueled by lax, irresponsible regulatory authorities, multiplied by the mesmerized commission rate. The more people who love crypto, the more fraudsters will appear.
Still the only person to blame for it the person who is taking the risk. Its their money, its their work and its their fault they played with their money. In this sense crypto would seem like gambling or like a speculative market trading. The SEC tried to control some ICOs but then the last decision vests on the shoulder of the investor.

Just some words of advice through my experience:
1. Dont fall for huge returns promises.
2. Check the team members and the advisors if they exist or not. Try to talk to the advisors if they are really involved or not.
3. Read the whitepaper. If you could analyse the market condition of whether the project seems feasible or not that would be even better but most of us cant do that.

Pages:
Jump to: