Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO]-Crypto Stamps- Collectable Blockchain postage stamps - page 39. (Read 30834 times)

Activity: 382
Merit: 265
quote from kryptowerk's sale thread:

hate to say it - with all the flaws in these stamps security wise - at least in my opinion, it essentially makes the resale value worthless as there is no 100% way to be certain you are not getting screwed. Even if you think you can trust the person. Because someone could have pilfered the codes before they got them.

IMO the only solution at this point is for resellers (especially for higher value red stamps) to use the flashlight method to redeem the code and then send the ERC-721 to the buyer's ETH address when they mail the stamp.
This is going to hinder ebay sales, where many buyers and sellers aren't crypto savvy, but hopefully shouldn't be much of an issue for sales on this forum.

I haven't decided what I'll be doing if I resell my physical stamps but I am considering this.

In one way, it's actually a feature because you can keep the physical stamp in 'mint' condition and still redeem the ERC-721.
Activity: 1240
Merit: 138
Krogothmanhattan alt account
For people not familiar with the philatelic worlds definitions of Errors, freaks, and oddities varieties, here is a good intro...

Errors, freaks, and oddities
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Some interesting items and also security issues with these new stamps mentioned on the following thread that all collectors should be aware of.....a good read.

[WTS]🌈🦙🐼🦡🐕 Crypto Stamp 2.0 physical unique SPECIAL + REGULAR stamps 🦄

Yes, I don't want to split up the conversation too much, if possible and not related to my sale, please quote from my thread and post here for discussion. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
Probably I have found a "variety" on CS1. (on the picture this is a black one token)

Take a look on the upper left corner of your stamp. Probably you can find these two black points.
It's not common since looking a lot of stamps on ebay I have seen just in a couple of items.

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
for anyone that ordered physicals online and have them being shipped to the US - is there a way to track them? I got an email from the post.au and there is some sort of number in it that looks like tracking number but I dont know where I could track it out. I tried on the post.au site but it says it is an invalid number.

Im from Germany and I got only 2 shipping confirmations out of 7 orders.. The only number I got in that mail is the billing number for that exact order.
They dont provide tracking to Germany, so I would say that they wouldnt do it for the US aswell.
If you could provide me a screen of that mail I can be 100% sure about it.  Tongue

that is what I afraid of Sad thanks for confirming.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 2014
for anyone that ordered physicals online and have them being shipped to the US - is there a way to track them? I got an email from the post.au and there is some sort of number in it that looks like tracking number but I dont know where I could track it out. I tried on the post.au site but it says it is an invalid number.

Im from Germany and I got only 2 shipping confirmations out of 7 orders.. The only number I got in that mail is the billing number for that exact order.
They dont provide tracking to Germany, so I would say that they wouldnt do it for the US aswell.
If you could provide me a screen of that mail I can be 100% sure about it.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 138
Krogothmanhattan alt account
Some interesting items and also security issues with these new stamps mentioned on the following thread that all collectors should be aware of.....a good read.

[WTS]🌈🦙🐼🦡🐕 Crypto Stamp 2.0 physical unique SPECIAL + REGULAR stamps 🦄
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Jep that´s the CS1. Silly me Cheesy
But rest assured that I did not just edit the page for the giggles. It is just like that.
The CS2 ID is not different from others I´ve got, it´s 6 digits.
This whole thing seems kinda strange to me. In the wallet there is just the CS1, the "CS2-unicorn" version only appears on the crypto-post website.
If that is intentional then I don´t really get it. Call me paranoid, but for now I´ll wait for the reply from the support  Cheesy
If someone else got something similar please chime in, I really cannot believe I´m the only one.

Case is closed. I misread the code on my CS2 (didnt break the seal, just peaked inside), wich randomly resulted in a CS1 code.
Now, if you entered a CS1 code in `crypto_post_at/CS2/code´, until yesterday, some erroneous website came up (as in the screenshot).
Obviously, they fixed it - If you do that now, it redirects to the CS1 url. Silly, silly me.. had I scanned the QR code instead.. its a green Llama  Cheesy
Sorry for the confusion guys!

No worries, but the trading history for that NFT says :

EVENTPRICEFROMTODATE
sentiment_satisfiedBirth
NullAddress
0FA04F
(2:10:35pm • 05/21/2019)

Which I believe means it was sent to your wallet on 5/21/2019. I haven't verified on etherscan but

wtf, what a shitshow this whole thing is...  Huh

And thank you @JCGA for explaining my prior question. Wink

Edit - I misread the reply, sorry! Roll Eyes
Activity: 9
Merit: 1
But rest assured that I did not just edit the page for the giggles. It is just like that.
This whole thing seems kinda strange to me. In the wallet there is just the CS1, the "CS2-unicorn" version only appears on the crypto-post website.
If that is intentional then I don´t really get it. Call me paranoid, but for now I´ll wait for the reply from the support  Cheesy
If someone else got something similar please chime in, I really cannot believe I´m the only one.

Case is closed. I misread the code on my CS2 (didnt break the seal, just peaked inside), wich randomly resulted in a CS1 code.
Now, if you entered a CS1 code in `crypto_post_at/CS2/code´, until yesterday, some erroneous website came up (as in the screenshot).
Obviously, they fixed it - If you do that now, it redirects to the CS1 url. Silly, silly me.. had I scanned the QR code instead.. its a green Llama  Cheesy
Sorry for the confusion guys!
Here's the alleged unicorn NFT: https://opensea.io/assets/0x7e789e2dd1340971de0a9bca35b14ac0939aa330/95370

https://crypto.post.at/CS1/sR4w3

https://crypto.post.at/wallet/0x0fA04FB3B25E7ECC1AbA1745d2128f3a5Cd02c09

silly for the guy to try censoring it in his screenshots Tongue

If that NFT is really on a CS2 stamp that's pretty cool. Seems like bullshit to me though but happy to be shown the ID for the CS2 stamp, which would be interesting if it's different from other CS2 stamps.

If that is intentional then I don´t really get it. Call me paranoid, but for now I´ll wait for the reply from the support  Cheesy
Activity: 382
Merit: 265
Here's the alleged unicorn NFT: https://opensea.io/assets/0x7e789e2dd1340971de0a9bca35b14ac0939aa330/95370

https://crypto.post.at/CS1/sR4w3

https://crypto.post.at/wallet/0x0fA04FB3B25E7ECC1AbA1745d2128f3a5Cd02c09

silly for the guy to try censoring it in his screenshots Tongue

If that NFT is really on a CS2 stamp that's pretty cool. Seems like bullshit to me though but happy to be shown the ID for the CS2 stamp, which would be interesting if it's different from other CS2 stamps.

in the German board a Newbie alleges to have a Llama-stamp that appears online as "unicorn" ... still needs to be proved.

Just ask for a screen-shot

Yeah, thats me... strange thing with this stamp.
Screenshots:
https://i.postimg.cc/4y9Xsw5G/200628-CS2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vmKBy1sW/200628-CS1.jpg

Short version:
Bought CS2, got CS1 in the wallet.
But there are two versions (CS2/CS1) at austrian post website, with two different codes (CS2 from the stamp, CS1 from the wallet).
Missing image/404 for CS2 "unicorn".
Will investigate and ask customer service  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
Noob steps please  Wink how do i check the colour.

Greets Hank

Smiley
"Scan
There’s a QR code printed on every Crypto stamp that contains a code. You can scan this using a webcam or the camera on your smartphone.

Code entry
Alternatively, you can manually enter the code to view the digital image of your Crypto stamp at the top of the page."

=> https://crypto.post.at/

But he asked about on-chain. I have a similar issue. They all don't have a code that I can find Huh

Got it. You need to redeem your presale onchain stamps to discover the color.
This has a large cost depending on the amount of stamps you wish to redeem, around 50 usd for 10 stamps.
I have not done it yet cause of the price.

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Greets Hank

Smiley
"Scan
There’s a QR code printed on every Crypto stamp that contains a code. You can scan this using a webcam or the camera on your smartphone.

Code entry
Alternatively, you can manually enter the code to view the digital image of your Crypto stamp at the top of the page."

But he asked about on-chain. I have a similar issue. They all don't have a code that I can find Huh
Activity: 50
Merit: 10

Now the only unknown, what will be the gold? In addition to the 5 colors, are there any golds?

i guess it's the only one 4 digit red honey badger

The one you refer to from only one is red (4 digits)
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

Greets Hank

Smiley
"Scan

Code entry

Activity: 722
Merit: 252

Greets Hank
Activity: 56
Merit: 6
So total stamp-noob here. I bought a few on-chain ones, what do i do now? How do i find out if i have any rare ones?

Greets Hank

First you check the color of your OnChain crypto stamp. Red is the rarest (1% totel), then second is yellow, blue, green and last black.
some collectors also consider rarity of numbers of digits from the ID.
legendary
I know where I can get about 10 sets of the physicals for $450/$500 but don't have the cash to pay the guy Sad

but if he hasn't sold them by then, I will for sure get them. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: