Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners - page 10. (Read 48989 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508
I was hoping there was a way to put a login page in front of the existing GUI.
Friend of mine suggested sending a home-router to the datacenter along with a PI. That would put the PI and A4's on a private network behind the router.
Then configure VPN tunnels to access the PI with  port forwarding. I don't really understand this part of how this works though.

Correct, this will work but requires the front end router to forward the ports to the 2nd router so you would have to use custom ports for a pptp server would be easiest.

This is all considered to be advanced networking though and if you don't have access to the front end router or have someone who could forward the ports for you, it eliminates this option.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
I was hoping there was a way to put a login page in front of the existing GUI.
Friend of mine suggested sending a home-router to the datacenter along with a PI. That would put the PI and A4's on a private network behind the router.
Then configure VPN tunnels to access the PI with  port forwarding. I don't really understand this part of how this works though.
Anyone know how to login/password protect the miner interface?
I moved my A4's to datacenter and need to find a way to secure access to the GUI.
Is there a way to "route" the miner ethernet through a small server to provide access control but still allow the miners to hit the internet for pool access?
Also, it would be nice if the "small server" could be something like a Raspberry pi, rather than a brick type server.
What about putting a "router" inbetween the external ethernet and A4's, could that restrict access but still allow me to "login" somewhere to get to the GUI?

Looking for options.

lots of ways to do this, I just put the A4 on a range other than the standard range is one way to mask it from being found from standard ip scans.

You could put a router in between to separate the networks you would have to establish a VPN connection to that router to get to your miner which requires additional settings in your primary router to be configured to allow that vpn connection.

The a2's had this same issue, wish someone would have made up something to secure their settings from tampering in the web GUI
legendary
Anyone know how to login/password protect the miner interface?
I moved my A4's to datacenter and need to find a way to secure access to the GUI.
Is there a way to "route" the miner ethernet through a small server to provide access control but still allow the miners to hit the internet for pool access?
Also, it would be nice if the "small server" could be something like a Raspberry pi, rather than a brick type server.
What about putting a "router" inbetween the external ethernet and A4's, could that restrict access but still allow me to "login" somewhere to get to the GUI?

Looking for options.
legendary
Is it possible to replace the fans with more silent ones? What are the specs for those fans?
Thank you!

Basic 12V fan, CFM: 200 or greater. Currently it uses the 2-wire, so runs at 100%. You can use the speed control if you have one of those boards which measures temps.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Is it possible to replace the fans with more silent ones? What are the specs for those fans?
Thank you!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks mjgraham. I'll probably just end up doing that.

G
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
At this point I think Bitmain L3 is by far a better option, even though I wanted to buy A4...

If you wanna mine smaller crapcoins A4 is better, for large block mono-coins L3 will be better.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
At this point I think Bitmain L3 is by far a better option, even though I wanted to buy A4...
Activity: 188
Merit: 100

Thank you all for your support and attention. A4 belongs to all of you. After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator and Farmboy miner replacement program so that our loyal customers can continue to benefit. The A4 Dominator will continue the A2 Terminator legacy in serving our mining community!

Thank you.
Innosilicon Marketing
www.innosilicon.com

Holy crap! Totally missed this...

I wonder if this promise will be fulfilled like the A4 open source software promise...

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.

Yea I had forgotten this as well, I hope they open source something, this new cgminer on the A4s makes me sad, still dont have mine all upgraded to batch 3 yet.
shesh

Has anyone set their miners up for outside remote access other than through RDP type connection to another computer on the network? How did you set up password protection? Newbie Linux user here. Thanks, G

Well just taking a stab your a long way off from an easy answer, unless there directly connected to the internet which would be pretty bad since everyone knows the default passwords and such, they will be behind a firewall of some kind which you will need forward ports, or setup and use VPNs . I use a VPN to connect back to my network where I can get to whatever I need to.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Has anyone set their miners up for outside remote access other than through RDP type connection to another computer on the network? How did you set up password protection? Newbie Linux user here. Thanks, G

Thank you all for your support and attention. A4 belongs to all of you. After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator and Farmboy miner replacement program so that our loyal customers can continue to benefit. The A4 Dominator will continue the A2 Terminator legacy in serving our mining community!

Thank you.
Innosilicon Marketing
www.innosilicon.com

Holy crap! Totally missed this...

I wonder if this promise will be fulfilled like the A4 open source software promise...

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator miner replacement program

Any news on this yet?
 Optimally, a replacement board that has voltage control so we can set it to be competative with the L3?

diff has nearly doubled since december, looks like this miner is dead in the water as far as ROI goes.

This image illustrates why ROI calculators are inaccurate and redundant.
Yesterday, Prohashing paid out (after pool fees) 160% of the returns I would have got if I'd mined LTC, and you can't calculate this profit using an ROI calculator because there are too many scrypt coins and variables to consider. You can see that it's been increasing steadily for the past week, largely due to the rise in Gamecredit over that period, but it's still well below the pre A4/L3 rate of return which was about .00008 BTC/MHs/Day.

You can use LTC diff as a proxy for the overall scrypt hashrate but that really tells you nothing about ROI without knowing where price will go, and LTC really isn't the major indicator of price movements it was anymore. The Chinese like it for commerce because it's stable. As miners cashing out coins for profit, LTC is the last coin you want to mine, you want to be focusing on the most profitable per MHs at any given point in time and this is precisely what Prohashing and Clevermining do for the 5% they charge, and as you can see they do it well.

If you really need to calculate ROI I suggest you use .0000225 BTC per Mhs per day, that's a fairly conservative figure given the rates below, but it's still a guess. Gulden may be nationalised and spike 1000%, who knows? Lips sealed

Part of the attraction of this pursuit for me is operating in a space where there's lots of unknowns.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Depends on how much production and sales Bitmain manages on the L3 - if the L3 doesn't sell a ton or they can't MAKE a ton of them, the A4 still has a window of ROI available - especially for folks with very low electric rates.

I believe Innosilicon needs to get serious about dropping the price if they plan to sell a significant number of additional A4 units though.

The L3 should be fine reguardless - I don't see any probability of a significantly more efficient Scrypt miner showing up in the next 2 years or so, which is plenty of time to ROI a L3 (it it doesn't die anyway).

Activity: 338
Merit: 251
diff has nearly doubled since december, looks like this miner is dead in the water as far as ROI goes.

Yeah, because its a low power unit and the manufacturers can build them for probably $400 each they will overwhelm the network soon. Its still profitable for them even with 4x the hashrate right now..

IF you planning to mine only LTC, then yes this is bad buy. Probably L3 isn't that great either.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

A unicorn chase. Lots of fun, but unlikely to succeed.

Agreed, it's fun chasing coins, but ive been through this before when Zeus came out... ROI on any of these is not likely unless you have excellent power costs.
Best bet is to mine for a while then try to recoup via resale before something better hits the street which will drive the costs down...

If you MUST mine something (its an addiction I know), then at least wait till the end of the year when the 'land rush' of difficulty has passed by...it does not
take a lot of thought to understand with all the scrypt miners out there...and doing the math...if there is going to be a 'big data' hall asic mining surge..then
scrypt asic it the way to go. I am clueless and I made that bet in 2015 when the home difficulty on BTC miners killed home miners..

What I'm saying is wait to the end of the year..take the equip off your taxes for the year then..use the puppies for heat...maybe some used stuff will be better

me....I just see everyone piling on and at 10c kwh in the winter and 14c kwh in the summer...my only shot with new stuff or the stuff I had is the heat benifit

*$1,200 buck savings* (assuming elec for heat trade off draw) in 2017-2018....

be prudent...but me ...I see everyone piling on and his brother into scrypt miners big/medium/small home folk etc just like what killed home mining for btc asic's
in 2015...just do the calcs for big money with 2-3c kwh electric ...it is obvious imho.....NOW that they can get asic scrypt miners in VOLUME and not just
btc miners

gonna be a blood bath imho ...(be warned thou I know zip at one time I drank the BFL kool aid) Smiley

legendary

A unicorn chase. Lots of fun, but unlikely to succeed.

Agreed, it's fun chasing coins, but ive been through this before when Zeus came out... ROI on any of these is not likely unless you have excellent power costs.
Best bet is to mine for a while then try to recoup via resale before something better hits the street which will drive the costs down...
Pages:
Jump to: